Status
Not open for further replies.

NHXJer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2013
United States
Hey All:

I've been DIY'ing for a few months now and while I've creating a few respectable dessert and custard mixes, I've been having a lot of trouble making some really good fruity blends.

I'm aiming to make liquids without cream or custard tones - just straight fruity blends.

Not looking for recipes, more like general observations or what works for people like:

"I add X % FA Cream to most of my fruit blends to smooth them out"

"X at Y % and W at Z % make an excellent peach"

"Never blend A and B = gross!"

You get the idea.
Maybe this thread could compile some good tips.

Thanks,
Chris

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
Sweetner is great! Loran's Tart and Sour is also fantastic for straight fruit flavors. It gives you that "zing" that you might be missing. It's great stuff. I use it in just about all my straight fruit (no creams) flavors at about 1-2 drops per 10mls.

If you add more than that it'll add a sour taste to it. (Think of the super sour candies)

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

Reactions: B2L

dead not sleeping

ECF Veteran
Jan 20, 2014
Land of Thunder, Upstate NY
I like to add Sour and a "sweet flavor" like strawberry, tangerine, or grape, etc instead of sweeteners. Imo, all sweeteners wreck more than they help, yuk. CAP fruits are a bit less picky to deal with over TFA. I find TFA, although really good, tougher to get right and has longer steep times. A touch of a white or red grape flavor will send the flavor profile in a bit of a different direction without really tasting grapey, (I don't like the "concord" taste of most grape flavors, INA Grape Aromat is a white/red taste - awesome with apple). The best thing about fruits is that they all tend to go with each other, and different percentages of the same ingredients with make totally different tasting juices. A neat thing to try is to make 5 different single fruit flavor mixes, then mix combo taster batches from them. Dont forget to write the %'s down, I made the most awesome juice ever ... once.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Flavor is, of course, very Subjective. And everyone's Tastes are Different.

But here are a few General Guidelines I have used when doing Fruit Recipes.

Adding a small amount of Pineapple makes a Blend "Stand Up".
Adding a Peach tends to Smooth Out a Blend.
Adding a Strawberry gives a Blend more Body.
All Fruit Blends need a Sweetener like Sucralose (for Me).

and...

Almost No Single flavoring tastes like I wanted it to. With the Possible Exception of FlavorArt Watermelon. And TFA Fruit Punch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread