Yellow Peach (CAP)
White Grape (FA)
Vienna Cream (FA)
Pear (FA)
Peach (FA)
Cola (FA)
Black Cherry (FA)
Bilberry (FA)

I am shooting for making 6mg Nic at around 80VG/20PG juice.
I was thinking of making 5ml single-flavor testers - I can't remember where the starting percentages list is - so is 2% on the FA, 5% on the CAP a good start?
Anything I'm missing?

Thanks,
Chris

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Sounds like your going into this head first. I always recommend spending as little as possible until your sure DIY is for you. Making 5 - 10ml test samples at first is very smart. Looks like your ready to mix for an army with that 1 gallon of VG:) but what you bought will work very well. Only observation I see is being that you are mixing VG heavy mixes I would have bought the NIC base in VG and not PG but it should work fine at 10 - 15% flavor ratios. Read my blog on supplies and make sure you have plenty of 10ml bottles on hand

Recommended research for the first time DYI'r | E-Cigarette Forum

And do some serious research before hand

My blogs will give insight into all aspects of DIY, from steeping to what supplies to have on hand to a basic walk through mixing your first E-juice.

E-Cigarette Forum - dannyv45 - Blogs

Then read hoosier's blogs. These blogs concentrate on fine tuning your mix and give insight on additives.

E-Cigarette Forum - Hoosier - Blogs

Then read Boletus's blog's. These blogs concentrate on formulation of nicotine bases regarding proper calculations methods for figuring Nicotine concentration as well as safety.

E-Cigarette Forum - Boletus - Blogs

Then read Ginger's book "E-Cigarettes 102: DIY E-Liquid". It is a book which I've contributed to that delivers an in depth easy to follow guide in the art of DYI.

E-Cigarettes 102: DIY E-Liquid

I recommend viewing VPLive Vape Team Episode #82: DIY Safety and bookmark it for future reference. It explains safety in all aspects of DYI.

VPLive Vape Team Episode #82: DIY Safety

then read the stickies at the top of the page.

this will explain a lot of the how's and why's.

Last edited:
Reactions: MsLoud

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
It looks to me like you're soon to be off and running, congratulations. All the flavors on your list seem to get good reviews so it looks like you've done your homework there.
+1 on starting with small mixes, and your starting percents look ok but I'm thinking you'd be safe starting the Cap at about 8%. I'd also recommend doing some mixes as well as singles. A little cream should go really well with most those fruit and berry flavors. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

NHXJer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2013
United States
Thanks everyone.
Danny, I've read your blogs and have gotten great insight from them - thank you for making them.

I love "plain" vanilla custard so I'm gonna try to maka "the" GVC clone, besides that I'm mostly into fruity mixes hence the flavorings I got.

JD1 - I haven't typically enjoyed many of the fruit and cream juices I've tried in the past, but I've heard that a little cream in a fruit mix will help it pop while taking off the edge. Is there a typical percentage that the creams work at for this without actually adding a cream note?

JD1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 20, 2010
KY
Thanks everyone.
Danny, I've read your blogs and have gotten great insight from them - thank you for making them.

I love "plain" vanilla custard so I'm gonna try to maka "the" GVC clone, besides that I'm mostly into fruity mixes hence the flavorings I got.

JD1 - I haven't typically enjoyed many of the fruit and cream juices I've tried in the past, but I've heard that a little cream in a fruit mix will help it pop while taking off the edge. Is there a typical percentage that the creams work at for this without actually adding a cream note?
From what I've read, percentages seem to be all over the map so it'll just depend on your individual taste buds. If you're not fond of the cream note that might be a problem so just start real low with them. Hopefully you'll like the Dulce real well and can get some millage out of that.

In the future, take a look at combining some of the TFA vanillas for that flavor. Do a search on the TFA thread for some examples. For example, I've been having good luck combining TFA Vanilla Swirl with TFA Vanilla Bean Gelato. Then you can use them with your other vanillas for slightly different profiles as well.

I'm not sure how you feel about the 'bad' stuff but personally I think the levels are so low that I don't worry about it. But anyways you might enjoy this post. TFA Vanilla Custard/TFA Vanilla Bean Gelato/Capella Vanilla Custard V2, Butyric Acid vs Awesome Tasting Toxins : DIY_eJuice

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread