Not open for further replies.

rhammer186

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2015
NY
Hi guys!!!

I have never tried DIY but want to try it to salvage a big bottle of juice I have.

I recently won a 120mL bottle of cotton candy juice that is 80vg and 6mg nic. The juice is sweet but has no flavor at all. The throat hit is overwhelming even though its max VG. My plan is to double the volume to 240ml with 50/50 (pg/vg) to reduce the nic to 3mg and to bring the blend closer to 70/30.

The part Im going to need help with is adding flavoring. I recently found that I love a honey dew/cantaloupe/peach/mango/strawberries & cream mix (favorite fruit salad and whip cream without the banana aspect) and would like to turn this flavorless juice into something like that. I can buy all the flavors online but dont know how much to get of each and the percentage of each flavoring to use.

I would like to keep the strawberry & cream flavor in the background and not the primary. The instructions in the description of the flavoring says to start with 5%, so that would be 12ml of each flavor. I do not know if this is correct, or if each flavor should get a different amount.....

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you so much!!!!!

Last edited:

Raider87

Jul 11, 2014
Mississippi, USA
Probably need to get the e juice me up calculator and try to figure out the % to cut that 120ml.

To me it looks like if you add about 76ml PG, 24ml VG and 19ml of flavor to the 120ml you have now, you'll end up with 240ml of 50/50 3ml nicotine.
Finding the right flavors that will go with a sweet cotton candy base would be the tricky part.

rhammer186

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2015
NY
I used the online calculator. It gave me to use 12ml for each flavor and about 0ml PG (since the flavors are pg based) and 60ml VG. For a total combined 240ml

The idea being that 60ml VG, plus 60ml of PG based flavors = 120ml of 50/50. Add that to my 80vg 120ml cotton candy and ill have 240ml of around 65vg-70vg blend. (Total % of all flavors will be a combined 25%)

I just dont know if I'm supposed to use 5% (12ml) of each flavor or if im supposed to change the ratios for the best outcome.

Last edited:

Raider87

Jul 11, 2014
Mississippi, USA
I used the online calculator. It gave me to use 12ml for each flavor and about 0ml PG (since the flavors are pg based) and 60ml VG. For a total combined 240ml

The idea being that 60ml VG, plus 60ml of PG based flavors = 120ml of 50/50. Add that to my 80vg 120ml cotton candy and ill have 240ml of around 65vg-70vg blend. (Total % of all flavors will be a combined 25%)

I just dont know if I'm supposed to use 5% (12ml) of each flavor or if im supposed to change the ratios for the best outcome.
I usually mix my juice at about 20 or 22% flavoring of the total amount.
But remember, that base already has cotton candy flavor in it, if you add 20% to that it you could end up with a big flavor percentage.

Also depends on the brand of flavoring you use, some are stronger than others, flavor art(FA) is stronger than the flavor apprentice(TFA).

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
The only issue I can see the possibility of error is in treating the 12 ml of each flavor (x5 for a total of 60ml) as pure PG. If the concentrated flavor is for example: 50% pg and 50% flavor - your finished product will be higher vg than you are anticipating. The question in this part is how much pure pg is in the concentrate.

I think it would be easier if you tried this test on a smaller scale. Instead of making one huge bottle, try a much smaller batch, if the flavor turns out like you enjoy, you just have to repeat it. If it is horrible, you can change it and try again.

I wish you luck. Hopefully someone will come along that knows exactly how to fix it.

rhammer186

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2015
NY
I usually mix my juice at about 20 or 22% flavoring of the total amount.
But remember, that base already has cotton candy flavor in it, if you add 20% to that it you could end up with a big flavor percentage.

Also depends on the brand of flavoring you use, some are stronger than others, flavor art(FA) is stronger than the flavor apprentice(TFA).

The only issue I can see the possibility of error is in treating the 12 ml of each flavor (x5 for a total of 60ml) as pure PG. If the concentrated flavor is for example: 50% pg and 50% flavor - your finished product will be higher vg than you are anticipating. The question in this part is how much pure pg is in the concentrate.

I think it would be easier if you tried this test on a smaller scale. Instead of making one huge bottle, try a much smaller batch, if the flavor turns out like you enjoy, you just have to repeat it. If it is horrible, you can change it and try again.

I wish you luck. Hopefully someone will come along that knows exactly how to fix it.

Thanks guys!!

Being that this is a new concept for me, i forgot to consider the cotton candy flavors and the actual blend percentage of the flavoring. I guess ill start with a smaller batch and see how and if i can tweak it to the right percentages!!

rhammer186

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2015
NY
Update: i got the flavors in and did the following-

Total volume 20ml

(Percentage based on 20ml)
1.5% FA watermelon
2.0% FA cantaloupe
1.5% FA mango
5.0% TFA honeydew
1.5% FA white peach
2.0% TFA strawberries & cream
10ml base flavor ('It's so Fluffy' from VW)

Smell test- perfect
Taste test - Awesome, with watermelon in the forefont...hoping with added steep time the honeydew and cantaloupe will come out ahead.

So far I'm really happy with the results. I may have to add some honeydew and cantaloupe to the next batch test, but still loving the first!!!!!

Thanks guys for all the help ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread