diy iTaste, possibly

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicnut

Verified Member
Feb 1, 2013
Moreno Valley CA
Hello everyone, I have a mod on my brain. Rather consuming my thoughts, I am a bit obsessive.

I want to build a mod similar to a iTaste in that it can charge a MP3 player/cell phone via a USB port, a mini usb port for charging, vv regulator, and a 510 atty.

I am really trying to figure out a parts list and how to solder this thing together. Anybody wanna take a newb under their wing?:)

bapgood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2012
Utah
Honestly for the price it's going to be hard to beat the itaste. Especially after you find an enclosure, battery, etc.

But with a little research and searching you should be able to find a VV boost module and USB charge boards and etc. but you will likely end up with a larger setup than the itaste when completed.

nicnut

Verified Member
Feb 1, 2013
Moreno Valley CA

bapgood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2012
Utah
I actually went ahead and purchased a Innokin iTaste MVP. Had everything I wanted and less work. Although I am trying to work up an idea for a battery pack to run a pass though just in case the MVP goes down on me. Something to leave in the vehicles/work just in case of a vaping emergency!

Sorry I keep coming up with off the shelf solutions, because I like to make things as well. But you can buy battery power supplies for phones and etc. pretty cheap.

TomCatt

Da Catt
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 8, 2011
Upland, PA
LM2596 VV Passthrough

LM2596 module (ebay) - this one is $1.46 - ships from China, so a couple of weeks

RadioShack project box (4"x2"x1")

Switch (Mad Vapes)

Battery connector (Mad Vapes)

Female power jack (ebay) make sure jack and power cord are the same size (these are 2.1mm x 5.5mm)

Car lighter power cord (ebay) - this one has a fuse, would want to check rating on fuse and if it isn't at least 2 amps, replace with at least 2 amp fuse.

Optional AC adapter cord (ebay)

Modified BJ43s diagram

lm2596pt_zpsfd9dce77.jpg

nicnut

Verified Member
Feb 1, 2013
Moreno Valley CA
LM2596 VV Passthrough

LM2596 module (ebay) - this one is $1.46 - ships from China, so a couple of weeks

Switch (Mad Vapes)

Female power jack (ebay) make sure jack and power cord are the same size (these are 2.1mm x 5.5mm)

Car lighter power cord (ebay) - this one has a fuse, would want to check rating on fuse and if it isn't at least 2 amps, replace with at least 2 amp fuse.

Modified BJ43s diagram

lm2596pt_zpsfd9dce77.jpg

That is really, really easy (even for me) to do. might have to put one of those together.

Thank You TomCatt!

Bud Man

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2013
Dallas
LM2596 VV Passthrough

Switch (Mad Vapes)

Modified BJ43s diagram

lm2596pt_zpsfd9dce77.jpg

Wow so easy I might have to build one of these to keep in the car!

nicnut

Verified Member
Feb 1, 2013
Moreno Valley CA
so i have decided on the components for my PV

2 x 18650 batteries

Battery charging module with micro usb input and USB 2.0 output

An LM 2596 from post 12

Horn button

A switch installed on the board to switch from voltage from the batteries and going to the atty

Now just gotta figure out the box for the project

Also thinking about some type of camo on the box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread