• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

DIY Local - Share share share !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matthee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
Koringberg, South Africa
Yep, that elusive ADV... sigh... Well actually I did find it after years and many, many dozens of unused ejuices and many, many more dozens of flavorings. Unfortunately just after I found my ALV, the company decided not to ship internationally anymore, without ANY notice whatsoever. One day I just couldn't check out. Bummer! I still had my account and could check in but not check out. Something like the Hotel California hehe.

Fortunately I have a buddy in the US who buys and ships for me, and then I just reimburse her, but I think there is a limit to how many times one can ask favors from friends... Especially if they are no vapers themselves. One time she made a mistake order for 6 X 30ml bottles. AGHHH!!! I was down to my last 2 ml. I tore open my parcel in glee and almost cried when it was Candy Cane and NOT Cotton Candy. I just sucked it up. What else could I do.

Talking of which.... I have to find a NEW ADV ASABP!!! (As soon as bloody possible)

That's horrible. Which company is so mean?

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
I've ordered some "gourmet" juices from HHV (Heather's Heavenly Vapes) beginning of the month, but still waiting on delivery. Like Dragonbone, ordered 36mg (same price as lower nic) to extend and cut if necessary. HHV marks their packages customs friendly. But, have also ordered some Hangsen, Flavour Art and Flavour Apprentice flavours from RTSvapes (and I blame Daniel for this:)) to try DIY. All this to try and find that elusive ADV (All Day vape)!

Hey Matthee, has your ejuice arrived from HHV? What flavors did you order?

Matthee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
Koringberg, South Africa
Hey Matthee, has your ejuice arrived from HHV? What flavors did you order?

Hallo Dragonbone - Yes, they have. All tobacco (naturally extracted). Absolutely amazing stuff. I got Legend, Pirates Booty, Dragons
Fire (that's one to suit your ECF name), Heavenly T, Huntsman and Dark Horse. If I have to choose favourites, probably Legend and Pirates Booty. Have ordered some more. After my dilution, it works out at about R100 for 30ml, all costs (incl. shipping) included. That's a great price for a gourmet juice.

Have you found a replacement for your "lost" ADV yet?

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
Hallo Dragonbone - Yes, they have. All tobacco (naturally extracted). Absolutely amazing stuff. I got Legend, Pirates Booty, Dragons
Fire (that's one to suit your ECF name), Heavenly T, Huntsman and Dark Horse. If I have to choose favourites, probably Legend and Pirates Booty. Have ordered some more. After my dilution, it works out at about R100 for 30ml, all costs (incl. shipping) included. That's a great price for a gourmet juice.

Have you found a replacement for your "lost" ADV yet?

Yay, what a haul! Good for you! Your selection sounds interesting. I may have to try myself. Nope no new discovery yet :(.

I have the same questions as Jamo.

Matthee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
Koringberg, South Africa
Hey Matthee. With what and by how much do you dilute the 36mg. Does it not dilute the flavour too much as well?

I diluted to 24mg with PG on a 80PG/20VG order. Tasted before and after, and the flavour came out exactly the same for me. The risk will probably be greater if you diluted with VG as it tends to mask flavour. Used this dilution calculator: Dilution Calculator -- EndMemo

NickHead

Dec 9, 2012
South Africa
Haven't visited for some time but as a long time vapor, I just do it the easy and cheap way.
All those sweet tasting stuff eventualy makes me naar and I go back to menthol. Now I just stay with menthol.

From eciggies I buy the 36mg VG 30ml no flavour for R120 then divide it into 3x30ml bottles and fill them up with PG.
This will give you a mix of 70% PG and 30% VG at 12mg nic. Then I add 2ml of crushed menthol crystals to each bottle.
Now you have a cost of +- R45 per 30ml bottle.

Been doing this for a year now but will try to add some VG to the PG to get it to 30% PG and 70% VG for a smoother taste and more vapor.

Matthee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
Koringberg, South Africa
I'm with you on the sweet tasting stuff NickHead. Even the commercial NET tobaccos have a very sweet undertone, but have learnt to build my coils to concentrate on the acid tones. Menthol is unfortunately not for me, but I see HHV offers that as a standard addition to their NETs, so methinks lots of people like a bit of menthol. Great to see you visit for a change, you should do so more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread