DIY Newb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blueser

ECF Veteran
Sep 9, 2013
Diddy Wah Diddy, USA
Wizard Labs is probably the cheapest alternative for small 8ml samples but their flavor manufacturers are limited. RTS Vapes and ecigexpress have a wider selection from manufacturers. I guess it all boils down to which flavoring you're looking for. You may find that you like a particular FlavourArt, Hangsen, Capella etc flavor better than what's offered at WL..

Jonathan Tittle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2013
Johnson City, TN, USA
xanderjuice.com
+1 for RTSVapes & ECigExpress. ECigExpress's "Signature" line is TFA flavoring (re-branded), so you can pick up pretty much any flavor you could ever want from both of these vendors. When it comes to nicotine, I've used RTSVapes, WizardLabs and NudeNicotine; all three are great, though WizardLabs and NudeNicotine tend to be the slowest to ship. RTSVapes has always shipped in 24 hours or less (less being much more common!).

You really can't go wrong with any of the three though. All highly recommended and they've quickly became the 3 vendors I go to to test out flavors that I've not already tried.

Chris.french

Feb 26, 2014
Florida
ry7ety8a.jpg
would this work for diy

Jonathan Tittle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2013
Johnson City, TN, USA
xanderjuice.com
For extracts and artificial flavors by McCormick and Watkins, look at the back of the labels. Many of them have preservatives and various acids in this mix, none of which you truly want to vape. Some vapers do vape citric and malic acid in their juices to get a sour note, in low concentrations, but when it comes to anything else, it's best to err on the side of caution and skip it altogether. This includes anything with oils in the mix.

For information on Caramel Color, you can visit the link below:

Caramel color - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Your best bet would be to stick with more well-known flavors, whether it's Flavor Apprentice, Flavor West, FlavourArt, Hangsen or whichever you choose. At the end of the day, many food grade flavorings have food coloring in them, so it's hard to say that you should avoid anything with color, but you should avoid vaping preservatives and most acids as there's not been a lot of research on what these chemicals do.

RocketPuppy

Veteran Puppy
ECF Veteran
Dec 19, 2013
Bay Area, California, USA
For extracts and artificial flavors by McCormick and Watkins, look at the back of the labels. Many of them have preservatives and various acids in this mix, none of which you truly want to vape. Some vapers do vape citric and malic acid in their juices to get a sour note, in low concentrations, but when it comes to anything else, it's best to err on the side of caution and skip it altogether. This includes anything with oils in the mix.

Your best bet would be to stick with more well-known flavors, whether it's Flavor Apprentice, Flavor West, FlavourArt, Hangsen or whichever you choose. At the end of the day, many food grade flavorings have food coloring in them, so it's hard to say that you should avoid anything with color, but you should avoid vaping preservatives and most acids as there's not been a lot of research on what these chemicals do.

Can't say it better.

partyannimal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
Near Jim Thorpe, PA, USA

I've tried a few grocery store flavorings (McCormick and Watkins) and besides having several additional ingredients that aren't a good idea to vape, they aren't made strong enough for DIY. I had to use a crazy amount in order to get anything comparable to the flavors I get from WL, and the flavor I finally did get faded and tasted muted quickly. Definitely not worth it.

Sent from the hand not holding my itazte using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread