DIY newbie wondering about Capella flavours

Status
Not open for further replies.

OntariAuLait

Sep 23, 2011
Canada
Hello! I'm not really a newbie vaper, but I've recently started trying some new DIY flavours. I would like to post this in a more relevant section, but I don't think I can, yet. :)

I've made the decision to avoid the butter/custard issue altogether, and am happy to see that some flavourists clearly designate which flavours contain them and which don't. Before I started really looking into it, though, I bought a bunch of flavours from Capella's (which are delicious!) but some have a rich buttery flavour, and I'm not quite sure whether or not they are "diketone-free" or not. (French Vanilla, particularly?)

Has anybody ever clarified this with Capella? I've tried to research it myself but I see a lot of people asking and no really straightforward answers. Capella only goes so far as to say they don't use diacetyl specifically, but I'm also interested in it's relatives.

I do see a lot of people using the flavours in recipes, but I also know that some people aren't worried about the issue. I just want to be confident and honest when I give my friends some juice and tell them it's diketone free. :)

OntariAuLait

Sep 23, 2011
Canada
LOL I always read it in my head that way too. :)

Okay, I think I'll go ahead and use them anyway. I have spoken to Randee, but I hate to push the issue as they have already written "Diacetyl Free" on their website and I get the idea that that is the extent of what I'm going to get in the e-mails. Still, I'm a tiny bit concerned about what they've used as a replacement for Diacetyl. Not really for my own health, but just so I can be as honest as possible to vaping pals.

Oh well, you guys have been using them for a reasonably long time. Good enough for me! :D Thanks a bunch!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread