homemade mint flavour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so i recently got into diy mixing and i wanted to know how much should i leave mint in PG so it takes the flavour out of the leafs. i've seen people leave them for weeks, others for days and the time always changes, i must add i didn't see a lot of discussion about how to make your own flavours at home besides the "fruits have sugar which burns the coil!" heads up or other flavourings such as vanilla or coffee. i was wondering if anyone has tried to do this with mint though, i have trouble finding a lot of information about this so i would very much appreciate it if one of you guys was kind enough to give me some sources you might remember.

Last edited:
Reactions: Superuser187

smacuser

Total Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    Hi @ElliotLovesMintyFlavours and welcome to ecf :thumbs:.

I don't hear a lot of discussion about that, but don't really see too many negative consequences. Here's an old, old thread here. You could go check out the extraction thread and search what's there.

Good luck.

Superuser187

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Aug 10, 2020
    Athens
    Welcome to e.c.f.
    :vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor:

Wish I could help about the flavouring creation but I don't know....

Some thoughts I have tho is that to make the flavouring proparly means to somehow extract the mint "oils" from the leafs and that I guess won't be easy....but u could try just leave some leafs into pg for few weeks and I guess only if u try u can know...
    The thing is that mint flavourings are usually very strong and can be diluted veeeeery much soo they are cheap and I don't know if it worth the hassle to try create one..
    It's interesting project tho.
    Pls let us know how it goes

from what i've gathered it seems like 3-4 hours give the PG a faint taste of mint, i made a little 10ml bottle of e juice and honestly it was quite impressive given the circumstances.
    What i did was: take a bunch of mint leafs and cut them up well in little pieces, put them in a little jar, added the PG base, put the lid on, gave it a good shake and let them rest in the dark for 3-4 hours or so.
    Not sure how much time is too much time for the mint , i've never done anything similar but i guess i'll find out! thank you guys for the sources by the way. I'll update this thread to document the different results i'll get

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    Okay so i recently got into diy mixing and i wanted to know how much should i leave mint in PG so it takes the flavour out of the leafs. i've seen people leave them for weeks, others for days and the time always changes, i must add i didn't see a lot of discussion about how to make your own flavours at home besides the "fruits have sugar which burns the coil!" heads up or other flavourings such as vanilla or coffee. i was wondering if anyone has tried to do this with mint though, i have trouble finding a lot of information about this so i would very much appreciate it if one of you guys was kind enough to give me some sources you might remember.

ive been diy for years, but never tried extracting anything. Ready made flavors are cheap and easy to get, so I see no point in the time and trouble of experimenting with creating my own.

• Agree
    Reactions: Territoo

Ryedan

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada

I understand that you might be really into extracting your own flavorings, just wanted to toss this into the mix in case you didn't know about it.

I put menthol in almost all my juices. I make it from menthol crystals (purchased) dissolved in pg. If I remember correctly from research I did 8 years ago when I started my DIY journey, menthol is the alcohol (chemically speaking) which is extracted from peppermint leaves, as they have the most menthol in them. It is the menthol in mint leaves that make the mint flavor in them.

Menthol crystals are pretty cheap. This is what I bought last year and it will last me for years. I mix it at 20g per 100 ml pg and use between 1.5 - 2% of that in juices depending on how strong I want it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread