DIY noob question

Status
Not open for further replies.

TAT191

Apr 24, 2014
United States
I have been bouncing back & forth for weeks because I am just not sure I know enough to make my own juice. For now I have decided to "Practice" with a juice that has the nic, pg & vg already mixed where I just have to add flavor. I am terrified of adding to much nic and killing myself. I found this and would like for someone to please look at it and verify that I would not need to dilute it to vape it safely. 6mg Unflavored Nicotine Base for e-liquid/e-juice - ecigExpress Thank you so much in advance.

soulcatcher

Verified Member
Apr 30, 2014
Behind You *.*
It depends on what your target nic level is. W/ a 6mg base once you add flavors that percentage is going to lower ie. if you add 10% flavoring to your nic base then the resulting liquid will be 5.4mg.

As long as you have a few supplies, are safe, and use an 'e-liquid calculator' then you can safely and accurately use any level of nic base to achieve any desired final percentage/ratio.

What I do is buy 100mg/ml nic base, some 60ml bottles (to prepare my mix in), a few 30ml bottles (for daily carry), 2 luer-lock syringes, and a few bulnt-tip luer-lock needles. I use one needle and syringe to measure and put in my main mixing bottle. Then I use another syringe and needle to draw, measure, and dispense my pure PG and VG (both USP grade and purchased on Amazon). After that simply add your flavorings.

I use this great online calculator to get all of the measurements right, no guessing, no equations to mess with. Have a look, it works very well and you can save your recipes and add notes to it so you can tweak and improve your recipe as you gain experience.
e-Liquid Calculator :: New recipe

-Hope that helps, and Best of Luck-

Last edited:

soulcatcher

Verified Member
Apr 30, 2014
Behind You *.*
My target nic level is 6mg.

Sorry, I added to my response, see above. If you added 10% flavorings to your base then the total nic per ml would be lowered by 10% which would make it 5.4mg. Add 15% flavor then it drops to 5.1mg. Typical % of flavoring is 10-20%, my recipes are usually around 15% for sweet/fruity flavors, and more towards 10% for RY4 (caramel, tobacco, vanilla) type flavors.

You may wanna look at https://highdesertvapes.com/. They have tons of diy flavors and supplies, and have very competitive prices. Search ECF and google for High Desert Vapes discount/coupons. They usually have promos going for pre-mixed liquid as well as DIY supplies.

Just be cautious, where gloves, and wash your syringes or mixing supplies when finished and you will be fine. All you need is the raw ingredients, a few bottles (I like glass, got mine at Sprouts) and 2 or 3 luer lock (blunt tip) needles and syringes, a calculator and you are good to go.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread