Diy question

Status
Not open for further replies.

WonderDude32

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
Clarksville, TN
If the flavors are good, I think a strawberry cotton candy sounds like a winner. This is where the fun of diy is for me. Get an idea of what you might like then add a little sweet tarts or a little more cotton candy. How about Maple Sugar cookies? Have fun with it. Ours should be a journey without end my friend.

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
I'm not a fruit person but initially when I tried to DIY fruits, most seemed too tart. I'd recommend if you are into fruits, try getting some creamy flavor so to go with them to sweeten them up. Like Bavarian cream or vanilla swirl, marshmallow, etc. it will cut the tartness and you can use the cotton candy also to slightly sweeten them. DIY is a lot of fun and very rewarding when you can make your own flavors. There are also some great groups on Facebook to help with recipes. Just search. :)

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
And also check out The Flavoring Apprentice Thread... it's huge, but jam-packed with creativity, recipes, and how-to stuff about mixing -- fantastic bunch of DIYers in there, and the more the merrier! :thumb: (it's where I learned to make great juice, though I use a lot of different brands, not just TFA)

Andria

Reactions: chopdoc

DoctorJ

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2012
There's a lot of places on the web to find recipes, however, I've found I like trying out my own ideas. I started by making some single flavors and learning the % needed to get a "proper" taste. Then started combining flavors and so on.

This is the calculator I use and it comes with a bunch of recipes eJuice Me Up - Best eJuice Calculator

Also check out the DIY threads on here. They have a lot of great recipes to try out.

Bob Chill

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2013
Sans Nom, USA
Your cotton candy is most likely ethyl maltol. Most commonly used as an enhancer in very small quantities. I personally like a touch in my mixes. Like .5-1% tops. Adds a moistness or "fullness" to the vape. But it also mutes flavors. Especially in higher amounts. Starting high in a new blend may distort your perception of the other flavors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread