Status
Not open for further replies.

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
hi all,

My favorite DIY liquid is a proper strawberry, so thought maybe we can exchange some nice strawberry recipes here

I am not a very advanced mixer but I quite like single flavor strawberry liquids.
15% Sweet strawberry CAP and 10% strawberry Ripe TFA I like as standalone strawberry juices.

My next one I will try it:
8% Strawberry Ripe TFA
4% Strawberry TFA
2% Dragonfruit TFA

What do you like to mix up with Strawberries ?

Thanks!

Reactions: ShowMeTwice

mac-nutty

Moved On
Mar 2, 2019
pub
Last I tried was 2 drops per 10ml CAP Sweet Strawberry. It is a test for taste without using Shisha Strawberry.

Mild flavor, a bit of sweet, a bit artificial with minimal ripe strawberry taste.
how long did you steep for ? The strawberries need a month or two foe the artificial taste to fade and the proper strawberry taste to shine

SP013

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2019
Warsaw, Poland
Last I tried was 2 drops per 10ml CAP Sweet Strawberry. It is a test for taste without using Shisha Strawberry.

Mild flavor, a bit of sweet, a bit artificial with minimal ripe strawberry taste.
I myself prefer strawberry ripe, for me CAP sweet strawberry tastes a bit more like candy than fruit.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
Have you ever tried a little watermelon with your strawberry recipes?

Or dragonfruit?

Like @mac-nutty posted with raspberry at low %'s, like 0.25-1% depending on the raspberry, with strawberry...watermelon also makes strawberry pop...as does dragonfruit.

I like FA Watermelon at around 1% with strawberry mixes. TFA Dragonfruit around the same % give or take.

If you keep the raspberry, dragonfruit or watermelon %'s on the low side so they are not perceptible any of those will help your strawberry to "pop" and "blossom". Experiment and see what you like and what works for you.

All depends on what company flavoring too. Some you may need to bump up and some you need to go lower.

It's also been awhile for me with making any strawberry recipes.

Some strawberries I like are INW Shisha Strawberry (and no there is no tobacco in it), FA Strawberry and FLV Alpine Strawberry. The FLV Alpine Strawberry is an ultra-concentrate...basically means it is super strong. Only three drops of it in 30ml is powerful. Yes it is more expensive however you are using way less compared to any other strawberry. You are using...Strawberry Ripe TFA at 8%...FLV Alpine Strawberry is being used at 0.5% in my example of 3 drops.

Another thing I've noticed with strawberry flavorings is "less is more"...for me anyhow.

Hope that helps.

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Niagara Region, ON CANADA
hi all,

My favorite DIY liquid is a proper strawberry, so thought maybe we can exchange some nice strawberry recipes here

I am not a very advanced mixer but I quite like single flavor strawberry liquids.
15% Sweet strawberry CAP and 10% strawberry Ripe TFA I like as standalone strawberry juices.

My next one I will try it:
8% Strawberry Ripe TFA
4% Strawberry TFA
2% Dragonfruit TFA

What do you like to mix up with Strawberries ?

Thanks!

You're in Poland and don't have Inawera Shisha Strawberry?? :shock:

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
For sure somewhere I can get it, in the shop I buy from they have 7 inawera shisha choices, but not strawberry, is it good as a standalone?

Absolutely good as a stand alone, even better with some cream or cake flavors.

I shop direct from Poland for my Inawera flavors: www.inawera.com

ceeceeisme

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2016
Never used any Inawera flavors in my mixes, will check their website out, thanks!

Most Inawera flavors are very concentrated - for Shisha Strawberry start at 2%.

Other excellent Inawera flavors are :
Shisha Vanilla
Biscuit
Cactus
Lemon Cake
Coconut Cookies
Custard
Creme Brulee
Green Joy (Pistachio)
Lemon Mix
Shisha Mango
Marula
Shisha Banana
Shortbread
Spice M
Vanilla Cream
Yes We Cheesecake

Coyote628

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
Sep 16, 2017
Give me a good strawberry and ill just add it to a good cheesecake mix and there ya go. Methinks i mayhaps have some strawberry ripe still. Maybe ill give my lemon cheesecake a rest and do strawberry again. Been a while. Thanks fer puttin me in mind of strawberries again. I love my lemon cheesecake, dont get me wrong, but i am on my 3rd 100ml and probably ready to switch it up

Reactions: ceeceeisme
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread