DNA-40d Bottom feeder - my first build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elgin

Jan 28, 2014
United States
Hi everyone! Just thought I'd share with everyone that I've began building my first mod. I'mean building the Gdeal 3d printed bottom feeder.

Started ordering parts this week. Starting to realize just how expensive this is going to be! So far I've ordered the 3d prints, dna-40d, alps tact switch and magnets, battery contacts and fuses.

Does anyone know if there is and group buys for all the parts required for this build? It sure would be nice, since several of the parts require you to buy a qty of 10+.

If no one else is doing that, I may have to start putting together kits so that people can save on all that shipping. It would also be a good way for me to get rid of all the extra parts I'm going to have laing around.

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
Welcome to the forum! The answer to your question is YES, but it was a group buy initiated in September and closed pretty quickly. When you have enough posts, contact gdeal. He may know of someone who may have a bunch of extra internals. Good luck with that! I chose not to go with the DNA printed mod, but did do the straight mechanical.

Elgin

Jan 28, 2014
United States
Thanks for the replies! That sucks I missed the group buy, thought I'd read something about that. I'd imagine a lot of people get discouraged when they realize there's ~10 different places they need to order parts!

I can't access the group buy page, I think because I'm new to the forum... I'm curious if it was just for the 3d printed parts or was it whole build kits with everything you'd need?

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
Thanks for the replies! That sucks I missed the group buy, thought I'd read something about that. I'd imagine a lot of people get discouraged when they realize there's ~10 different places they need to order parts!

I can't access the group buy page, I think because I'm new to the forum... I'm curious if it was just for the 3d printed parts or was it whole build kits with everything you'd need?

I believe it was for all the internals EXCEPT the 3d printed parts, ie connectors, contacts, vented screws etc.

Here's one of the pics from the co-op thread showing parts in the 'kit'.

gdbf2.jpg

xtwosm0kesx

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 30, 2010
Face down in the gutter, USA
I got my printed parts from sculpteo today! I had a fat daddy v3 510 laying around so I tried fitting it on the mod. It does not fit well, the design definitely requires the classic 510. Luckily fat daddy ships very quickly so I won't be waiting long.

Now that you've got over 5 posts you should be able to PM gdeal for info, if problems/issues arise.

You also may want to consider getting verified, so you can access/post in the classys/coop section and participate in some of the build discussions in the parts thread there, also would allow you to participate in the next gdeal parts co-op(if there is one).

Best of luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread