The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Dna mods suck now. HELP

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by Jeezus187, May 14, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Jeezus187

Jeezus187 Senior Member

Oct 11, 2017
    Los angeles california
    I have a paranormal 167 with a dna 250 chip...its has a 6v limit so I can't really hit 167 watts cuz with my ss coil build at .2 and ohms always fluctuating ...sheesh its frustrating 5 wrap tc fused clapton is supposed to be .11 but I get
    .18 .2 .22 wt4
    .soo how can i hit 167 watts with a 6 v limit is there a fix on escribe ??

• Like Like x 1
  2. ImThatGuy

ImThatGuy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 1, 2012
    California
    Ohms always fluctuating? Sounds like a build problem. Have you tried locking your resistance?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Jeezus187

Jeezus187 Senior Member

Oct 11, 2017
    Los angeles california
    Yes but the device automatically changes the ohms when autocorrecting

• Like Like x 1
  4. Sugar_and_Spice

Sugar_and_Spice ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2010
    between here and there
    What watt are you vaping at now?

And why would you want to vape that high of 167 watts anyway.....have you even done that before or gotten close to it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Rossum

Rossum Surly Curmudgeon Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    I'm not sure I understand the problem.

Power = V^2 / R

So 5.8 volts into a 0.2 ohm load would get you 168.2 watts.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Wayneo

Wayneo Super Member ECF Veteran

Nov 5, 2015
    Oh Canada
    Don't use SS. You can with N80 or Kanthal. As the resistance rises with SS, you're riding along that 6.2v output limit.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Jeezus187

Jeezus187 Senior Member

Oct 11, 2017
    Los angeles california
    Yep but then my mod pulls more than 5.8 past the 6v limit and resulting in ohms to high so idk wt4

• Like Like x 1
  8. Jeezus187

Jeezus187 Senior Member

Oct 11, 2017
    Los angeles california
    I've hit 167 with a kanthal build ....i like a warm vape with decent vapor production

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. ScottP

ScottP Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    Your problem is not that the board sucks (they don't) it's that you are using it wrong. SS wire is usable in TC modes because the resistance DOES fluctuate as it heats up. So you are taking a wire with those properties and trying to go out to the very bleeding edge of what the board was designed to do, so of course there are going to be problems because you aren't leaving any head room for the mod to operate. Again not with the board, but with how it is being used.

Imagine driving a car down the interstate with your foot to the floorboard and the engine running at max speed. Now what are you going to do if something happens and you need to accelerate a bit more? You can't b/c you are already at max speed. Not to mention all the extra wear and tear on the engine running it like this.

It is never a good idea to run ANYTHING, not a car, not a mod, not a stereo, nothing, at max possible power continuously. You should probably be building to use around 100 - 120 watts max continuous on that. You will get better performance and longer life if you do.

Put the right build in it, and you can get as warm a vape as you want at 100-120 watts.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. mackman

mackman Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2013
    NorCal
    • Like Like x 3
  11. ScottP

Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    • Like Like x 4
  12. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    Have you tried using a Lower Mass Coil set-up?

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    You aren't going to hit that limit safely ever, if you have a two 18650 batty mod. The board will SUPPORT the wattage but no battery is going to safely achieve it. Not even close. It seems ridiculous to me to use that type of board unless your mod supports the 27-- series, and even then, you'd have to get really high mAh rated batteries.

As to your resistance fluctuations, if you've checked the build, well, it may be the SS, it does vary a SMALL amount at times, but it shouldn't really be enough to cause ANY difficulties in the right TCR mode. You may want to watch a youtube video or two on the device, to get more of a handle of its capabilities. Etc.

Also, I like a cool vape, but I would consider 167 watts to be a scorching vape. Use what your batteries can handle and forget the "upper limit." Either that, or get a 27-- dual mod, or a 3 battery 18650 mod.

I don't think your equipment has issues, I think it's more your EXPECTATION of what it "should" do that it literally, "can't do. Also, I think watching a few tutorials on mod and whatever tank you are using might be helpful. It's just my opinion as always.

However, it is FACT that you will not reach 167 watts with two 18650 batteries. Your board might "pretend" to do it but basically you'd be overstressing your batteries with a single puff.

I agree, if the mod doesn't do what you "want" there is an issue, but it's really marketing of those insanely higher and higher "boards" that don't advertise that achieving them is technically IMPOSSIBLE.

Best of luck,

Anna

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. ScottP

Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    To be fair, the board will absolutely hit those numbers, but only at the very bottom end of it's supported resistance. This is why using SS at that low of a resistance and at that high a power is problematic. SS will increase in resistance as it heats up, thereby also requiring more voltage to hit that same wattage. Since the mod was already maxed out, it doesn't have the extra voltage to give, thus the "ohms too high" issue the OP was reporting. You cannot run SS coils in wattage mode at the very max a mod can put out for this reason. Kanthal will work for this, because it was specifically designed to NOT change resistance as temp changes.

Despite the fact that it is possible to hit these numbers, I must stress again, it is NOT good for the mod or the batteries to run them at maximum limits on a continual basis. Doing so WILL reduce the life of both the mod and the batteries. This goes for ANY mod and ANY batteries, not just this one.

• Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. Jeezus187

Jeezus187 Senior Member

Oct 11, 2017
    Los angeles california
    No but do u have a suggestion I have 22 and 24 g kanthal

• Like Like x 1
  16. zoiDman

zoiDman My -0^10 = Nothing at All* ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    You could do Single Wire Coils with that 24ga Kanthal. Or maybe try some 26ga 316/316L Stainless Steel.

• Useful Useful x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.