Dna step down

Status
Not open for further replies.

sketch804

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Hello,
Been a while since I've been on here. But i just have a simple question.

Does a dna 75 board have a voltage step down? I searched a bit but didn't find much help except for step up circuitry.

I am asking because i have a dna75 i would like to use one of those crappy ego toppers for my friend. I no longer use my dna75 and would like to gift it to them but I'm afraid if it doesn't have one it will burn the coil up when it's set at a low wattage with a fresh battery.

Thanks all

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Dna75s are by definition variable voltage. Quite advanced variable voltage actually. The wattage will be whatever you set it to. If he ups the wattage by messing with the buttons it will melt a microcoil very handily though. A simple solution would be to simply set it at 7 or 8 watts in voltage mode and lock it. TC would be a nightmare with cartos anyway. Best to simply keep him away from it till s/he graduates to a better atty. you could also explain about wattage of course and how if he turns it up too high s/he’ll burn everything up.

• Agree
Reactions: Eskie

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Huh?? A "crappy carto" on an expensive DNA75??
What ever floats your boat, I guess.

PIFing is great, but sometimes you gotta watch what you give away. Even Walmart has inexpensive vape gear that you can buy 3 sets of before they come up to the price of what you're giving away.

Reactions: Eskie

sketch804

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Dna75s are by definition variable voltage. Quite advanced variable voltage actually. The wattage will be whatever you set it to. If he ups the wattage by messing with the buttons it will melt a microcoil very handily though. A simple solution would be to simply set it at 7 or 8 watts in voltage mode and lock it. TC would be a nightmare with cartos anyway. Best to simply keep him away from it till s/he graduates to a better atty. you could also explain about wattage of course and how if he turns it up too high s/he’ll burn everything up.

Sounds great thanks so much. Ya i knew it was one of the best VV but i couldn't remember if this model did step down properly. But that's the info i need.

Huh?? A "crappy carto" on an expensive DNA75??
What ever floats your boat, I guess.

PIFing is great, but sometimes you gotta watch what you give away. Even Walmart has inexpensive vape gear that you can buy 3 sets of before they come up to the price of what you're giving away.

Haha ya i get it. It was my favorite vape i used and figure it'll serve them great, and especially when they switch to something worth it.

sketch804 The minimums for the 75 board is 1 Watt, .2volts output voltage. Max 0f 6.2 volts.
It should be fine.
Thanks so much that's exactly what i was looking for. Appreciate it.

Reactions: dwcraig1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread