dna250 wont turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.

mac-nutty

Moved On
Mar 2, 2019
pub
help tried everything still wont turn on , i did upgrade firmware last week in escribe
its reading the batteries wrong too
cell 1 reads 1.18 and cell 2 reads 4.9 in escribe but in charger it reads both batteries are @3.4v

wont charge and read anything ie batterie state, atty ohms,board temp room temp they all read null

tried-

hard reset
orignal settings
usb recovery charging

help away from home for a bit just had to buy tobacco ;(

mac-nutty

Moved On
Mar 2, 2019
pub
Tried a different set of charged batteries?

yeah tried batteries mate
ecig.png

It looks like the sensing connection at the junction of the two batteries is not making contact. Check it, it could well be the reason of the malfunction.
not sure where im looking will post .img of what im looking at in a sec

Reactions: stols001

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
yeah tried batteries mate
View attachment 801483

not sure where im looking will post .img of what im looking at in a sec

Looks like you've done all the troubleshooting you can. If a hard reset and factory restore didn't work and same problem across battery sets I'd open a ticket with Evolv as something failed. The 1.17 V on one and an overvoltage of 4.88 strongly suggests it's the the board, not a contact issue. It should just throw a check battery error if that were legit. The low voltage on just one could have been a mechanical contact issue but with both reading so low and high out of operating range would suggest it's not that.

Edit : just saw your images posted. No broken connections on the board and I assume the battery sled itself is intact. Definitely open a ticket. You could also talk to Nomad, but if it's the board it's still Evolv's headache.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
This is why when I leave home I bring a back up mech mod too.

Hope you figure it out, i'd definitely end up back on tobacco too - don't feel guilty.
I got a friend who when he tells any story claims the moral is “always make backups” he’s a sysadmin though

mac-nutty

Moved On
Mar 2, 2019
pub
Looks like you've done all the troubleshooting you can. If a hard reset and factory restore didn't work and same problem across battery sets I'd open a ticket with Evolv as something failed. The 1.17 V on one and an overvoltage of 4.88 strongly suggests it's the the board, not a contact issue. It should just throw a check battery error if that were legit. The low voltage on just one could have been a mechanical contact issue but with both reading so low and high out of operating range would suggest it's not that.
thank you
ticket opened earlier with evolv
damn timing sucks just got told work contract is over lol and lost bank card today :D

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA

mac-nutty

Moved On
Mar 2, 2019
pub
Gah. It’s 3d printed. Could be anything then. At this point I would suspect the charger over the mod. It may be home made, but clearly someone put a lot of work into it. If all the “knowngood” batteries have come from that charger they could all still be bad.
went to the local vapeshop here used his batteries ;(

mac-nutty

Moved On
Mar 2, 2019
pub
Well that knocks that on the head. This may be more bad news then
what makes it worse
i gave a lot of mods away still got a vdroid 75w dna.... but phoned home my yihi 200w isnt there
hope i didnt give that away to :/ :D

while i wait il put the mod in a ziplock bag with some cotton beside the boiler in hope its juice related ;/
time to change avatar
dna250
giphy.gif

Last edited:

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I have a bunch of DNAs. And I have seen my share of things that can go wrong. Maybe I missed it, but the screen doesn't light up correct? Have to tried removing the batteries and connecting to EScribe yet? Now does the screen light up?

I had one Hotcig DX200 that had all 3 cell voltages all over the place. I was convinced that the board had a bad BMIC. But it turned out that the balance plug wasn't making a good enough connection.

mac-nutty

Moved On
Mar 2, 2019
pub
I have a bunch of DNAs. And I have seen my share of things that can go wrong. Maybe I missed it, but the screen doesn't light up correct? Have to tried removing the batteries and connecting to EScribe yet? Now does the screen light up?

I had one Hotcig DX200 that had all 3 cell voltages all over the place. I was convinced that the board had a bad BMIC. But it turned out that the balance plug wasn't making a good enough connection.
thanks for replying mate

when i press the power the screen shows first img when turning on then turns off but... when i keep holding it down it starts as normal intill i let the button go but on screen the atomizer ohms,room temp and board temp all read null on the screen ie o.oo

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
You can try this, just to see if it fires. But please just try it and then switch it back. That is within EScribe, select the manufacture's interface. Now you can change the battery type. Select power supply. Now the DNA doesn't care about individual cell voltages. If I am right, it should fire now. But once you try it, then change it back. Because if something is wrong with the board, one cell is likely now draining faster than the other. And can end up dangerously low, or even reverse polarity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread