Do all juices benefit from steeping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowDog

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
Springfield, IL
I have my very first order of juices on the way. My original plan was to steep them all for at least a week before I vape them.

I've been thinking a lot about this and I'm wondering if the quality of some juices might actually decrease with steeping.

Is it a good idea to steep all of my juices before I even sample them or do I risk missing out on something if I do? Are there any juices that don't get better with steeping?

Some vendors might of steeped it prior to delivery and those who make it fresh to order, the days it hits your mail box might be enough time. Also depending on the juice itself - some are vapable right after mixing, some up to a week and some more than that. I usually vape the juice I get right away, if it taste bad, I let it steep for a week. Some juices I hated when I first got them still tastes like crap after a month. I wouldn't touch any e-juice after a year when it was mixed.

rogergendron1

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
woburn ma
Try them all out the box then put away the ones you think could age better and also my all day vape vinella from diy flavor shack taste f ing great out the box and it only gets a little better with steeping and if it steeps for more than 5 days its ruined and looses its umph over steeping smooths it out too much . I am shure that maybe true for other flavors too so taste them every other day wiles they steep

iceman68

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2013
Chicago, IL, USA
I've heard tobacco flavors in particular benefit from steeping. Fruit flavors not so much. Just going by what I've seen and/or read.

I don't vape fruit flavors so can't really say much there. Some tobacco juices I've used seemed to improve with some steep time, whereas others were fine from the get-go.

With all the vendors and juice options out there, it's hard to pinpoint a hard and fast rule.

Cyia

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2010
Independence, Missouri
I think the consensus is it depends on the juice. I've gotten juices right out of the mail that tasted fantastic and others were eh or muted. I've only had one juice so far that I did not care for and that was ECBlends dragon blood. I let it steep for a good solid week and a half and just couldn't stand where the flavor was going.

But other juices I've gotten like Velvet vapors fruity ones are perfection right off the bat. Alice in Vapeland juices were good out of the mail but only got better with the steeping. Same with MBV, good out of the mail for the most part, some got better as time went on.

I'd try them out of the mail. If you think some flavors might be a bit muted, off tasting, let them steep and try again in a day or two. And don't get discouraged if it does take over a week or even sometimes two to get those flavors to really come through.

double_aa_ron

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2012
Austin, Texas
All steeping will do is intensify the flavor of some juices. Try them when you get them. If you like it when it arrives then vape away. If you think it's just okay then let it steep. If you think it's nasty then it will always be nasty. No amount of steeping is going to make you like it. I just retried a bottle of peaches and cream I got from Ms. T's a month ago. When it first arrived I though it was alright, but after a month of sitting around the color is much darker and the flavor is much more intense. It was much better. I haven't run across any flavors that were negatively impacted by steeping. I suppose it's possible, but I have never experienced it and I've tried literally hundreds of juices.

S1LV3R

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2009
Knoxville, TN
I wondered that myself so a couple weeks ago so i threw my big bottle of orange in the steeping drawer to see if the flavor changed. I dont think it affected it much. :( I dont have other flavors to test that theory out on so there ya go, lol. I just got 3 in yesterday from MBV. Orange, Peach and Dble Apple. They are steeping, lets see how it goes. I think im gonna break down today and try the apple though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread