Not open for further replies.

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
Any coil can just stop working. Lose contact or ground and they stop. Never opened up a super mesh coil so not sure how they are built.

The Geek Vape IM & Aero Mesh Coils (features the Super Mesh) are the newest coils for a selective of tanks on Geek Vape's incredible line-up, such as the Cerberus Tank, Aero Mesh, & Shield Tank. The Geek Vape Aero Mesh features mesh heating element, generating maximum contact with the juice laden cotton to create dense full clouds that will satisfy those attempting max flavor or cloud production. The Geek Vape IM Coils were initially introduced with the Illusion Mini Tank, also can accommodate the Shield Tank and the Aero Tank. Comes in a package of five replacement coils.

Reactions: DDDWho

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Below is a mesh strip removed from a Freemax Triple mesh coil – Geekavpe’s mesh coil may differ in terms of mesh density and size, but it will be similar in terms of a mesh strip with leads soldered onto it. The mesh will be formed, wrapped with thin layers of cotton and fitted into a barrel. An Insolating plug, separating + from – will be pressed in along with a + post.

These are not designed to last forever. Over time, the solder can weaken, breaking the connection. Or even the mesh could break which will cause it not to fire. On top of that, the mesh can gunk up, resulting in a diminished performance and the cotton can burn which could promote leaking.

3 months is pretty long, I’d say well above average.

Freemax Mesh.jpg

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
Below is a mesh strip removed from a Freemax Triple mesh coil – Geekavpe’s mesh coil may differ in terms of mesh density and size, but it will be similar in terms of a mesh strip with leads soldered onto it. The mesh will be formed, wrapped with thin layers of cotton and fitted into a barrel. An Insolating plug, separating + from – will be pressed in along with a + post.

These are not designed to last forever. Over time, the solder can weaken, breaking the connection. Or even the mesh could break which will cause it not to fire. On top of that, the mesh can gunk up, resulting in a diminished performance and the cotton can burn which could promote leaking.

3 months is pretty long, I’d say well above average.

View attachment 863639
Do you think a vertical coil could be made from wire and cotton wrapped on outside and installed instead of mesh. I rebuild tons of different factory coils. CHEERS!

Punk In Drublic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2018
Toronto, ON
Do you think a vertical coil could be made from wire and cotton wrapped on outside and installed instead of mesh. I rebuild tons of different factory coils. CHEERS!

As a replacement fix? Sure! You are bound to the internal dimensions of the barrel, so if you possess the needed skillsets that can make a workable coil to fit said dimensions with the appropriate amount of cotton then I say go for it. And kudos for pulling it off – many, myself included are not willing to put forth such efforts. :thumb:

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
What mod were you using? Most show resistance (ohms) of coil. It would show a short circuit (0.00 ohms or show a warning or something) Also, it would show an open circuit (usually 9.99 ohms or show a warning) Always look at the ohms once in a while while vaping. How many watts do you use? How did it vape before that? You should feel lucky... 3 months is amazing.

DDDWho

ECF Veteran
May 13, 2016
What mod were you using? Most show resistance (ohms) of coil. It would show a short circuit (0.00 ohms or show a warning or something) Also, it would show an open circuit (usually 9.99 ohms or show a warning) Always look at the ohms once in a while while vaping. How many watts do you use? How did it vape before that? You should feel lucky... 3 months is amazing.
The coil is/was .3 ohms. I did not pay attention to what the reading was on the screen, I was in somewhat of a panic mode thinking maybe the whole outfit shot craps. Good information tho, I’ll pay attention next time

Mr Australia Vape

Unresolved Status
Aug 13, 2019
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Unregistered Supplier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread