The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Do I have to use TC?

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by WonderDude32, Jun 10, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. WonderDude32

WonderDude32 Super Member ECF Veteran

May 9, 2015
    Clarksville, TN
    I have an IPV4 and I bought it for battery life (dual efest 2800 mah) and I really like the feel. I use a Subtank Plus and kanthal coiled rdas in wattage mode with the TC turned off. Can this damage the mod? I haven't had any problems with using it this way. I get a full day of sub ohm-ing or dripping and it's everything I wanted in a mod with features that I may use in the future. I just don't want to find out later "you really should have used the temp control, that's why you ruined your mod". Please advise.

2. DanJiblets

DanJiblets Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 16, 2015
    Shorewood, IL
    I just got my evic vt. It's a cool feature but I probably won't use it regularly because it's easier having my coils work with all my mods. So no, I don't personally think it's necessary ever.

• Like Like x 1
  3. K_Tech

K_Tech Slightly mad but harmless Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2013
    Eastern Ohio, USA
    No, you don't have to use temperature control. It's nice that you have it should it be something you'd like to try out down the road, but NOT using it isn't bad, nor will it harm your mod.

• Like Like x 3
  4. edyle

edyle ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

the tc is only for when you use nickel coils.
    if you use kanthal, then you have to use wattage mode.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ryedan

Ryedan ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 31, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    Nope, you won't damage the mod if you use it non-TP. You can do that with any coil material too.

• Like Like x 2
  6. HauntedMyst

HauntedMyst Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 18, 2013
    Chicago
    Turning off TC won't hurt your mod. Crossing the streams, now thats bad. Total protonic reversal. :shiver:

• Like Like x 6
  7. caferacer

caferacer Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Jan 6, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Right. That's bad. Okay. All right. Important safety tip. Thanks Egon, erm...HauntedMyst. :lol:

• Like Like x 3
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.