Do I have to use TC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WonderDude32

ECF Veteran
May 9, 2015
Clarksville, TN
I have an ipv4 and I bought it for battery life (dual efest 2800 mah) and I really like the feel. I use a Subtank Plus and kanthal coiled rdas in wattage mode with the TC turned off. Can this damage the mod? I haven't had any problems with using it this way. I get a full day of sub ohm-ing or dripping and it's everything I wanted in a mod with features that I may use in the future. I just don't want to find out later "you really should have used the temp control, that's why you ruined your mod". Please advise.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
I have an IPV4 and I bought it for battery life (dual efest 2800 mah) and I really like the feel. I use a Subtank Plus and kanthal coiled rdas in wattage mode with the TC turned off. Can this damage the mod? I haven't had any problems with using it this way. I get a full day of sub ohm-ing or dripping and it's everything I wanted in a mod with features that I may use in the future. I just don't want to find out later "you really should have used the temp control, that's why you ruined your mod". Please advise.

the tc is only for when you use nickel coils.
if you use kanthal, then you have to use wattage mode.

Reactions: WonderDude32

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I have an IPV4 and I bought it for battery life (dual efest 2800 mah) and I really like the feel. I use a Subtank Plus and kanthal coiled rdas in wattage mode with the TC turned off. Can this damage the mod? I haven't had any problems with using it this way. I get a full day of sub ohm-ing or dripping and it's everything I wanted in a mod with features that I may use in the future. I just don't want to find out later "you really should have used the temp control, that's why you ruined your mod". Please advise.

Nope, you won't damage the mod if you use it non-TP. You can do that with any coil material too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread