Do I Need A Drip Shield? Atty ohms?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hereal

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
Chicago, IL
Ok here's the thing, I use the Halo G6 that has Kr808D1 batteries, I'm trying to drip so I can try out juices. So I got help from this forum & now I know I need an atomizer. So now I'm ready to purchase a 901/808 to 510/ego adapter. I'm either going to get the 510 Bauway, 510 smok Tech, or the 510 Boge from madvapes.com. I might get 1 of each because I'm not sure which 1 is best or how long 1 will last. Will I need a drip shield? Should I get the atty with 2.0 ohms, or 2.5, 3.2, 4.5 etc? I read the G6 battery hits at 3.7 volts on a full charge.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Hi

I've never used a drip shield. I'm not sure they existed when I started dripping.

I'm getting lost with all of the adaptors you'll using - sorry, it's getting late here and I can't stop visualizing a dripping set-up longer than the mod ;)

I'm not sure about the voltage of a G6, but if it is 3.7v, I would go with the 2.0Ω - 2.5Ω. With the 2.5 you'll be ≈ 5.4w, which some people might find a bit of a cool vape. When I dripped with my standard Joyetech eGo (which fires at 3.3v), I used 1.5Ω and 1.7Ω.

Last edited:

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Why not just use a 901 atty to drip on your 808 battery? Just make sure that you're using a manual battery, not an auto. You wouldn't want to get juice in your battery.

Plus, you'll need a drip sheild or cone to keep the airflow tight enough because, although the 901 and 808 have the same threading, the 901's airflow is in the atty and the 808's airflow is in the battery. So, a 901 atty on an 808 battery is too airy without a drip shield or cone.

I use the SI X2 manual battery to drip with my 901s.

Hereal

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
Chicago, IL
Hi

I've never used a drip shield. I'm not sure they existed when I started dripping.

I'm getting lost with all of the adaptors you'll using - sorry, it getting late here and I can't stop visualizing a dripping set-up longer than the mod ;)

I'm not sure about the voltage of a G6, but if it is 3.7v, I would go with the 2.0Ω. With a 2.5Ω you be ≈ 5.4w and that's a pretty weak vape. When I dripped with my standard Joyetech eGo (which fires at 3.3v), I used 1.5Ω and 1.7Ω.
Thanks for the feedback, but I heard if u dont use a drip tip, juice will leak on your battery, but they were talking about mods & bigger batteries in general, I never seen a review or a tutorial with somebody doing what Im trying to do. The adapter is basically a 808 to 510 so I can use the 510 atomizers (and other stuff if I wanted) with my KR808D1 battery.

Hereal

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
Chicago, IL
Why not just use a 901 atty to drip on your 808 battery? Just make sure that you're using a manual battery, not an auto. You wouldn't want to get juice in your battery.

Plus, you'll need a drip sheild or cone to keep the airflow tight enough because, although the 901 and 808 have the same threading, the 901's airflow is in the atty and the 808's airflow is in the battery. So, a 901 atty on an 808 battery is too airy without a drip shield or cone.

I use the SI X2 manual battery to drip with my 901s.
Thanks for the feed back, I talked to a lady at Madvapes costumer service earlier & she told me a 901 wouldn't work with my KR808D1 battery, even tho I read that they were compatible more than 1 place. But I decided to use a 510 anyway because their more standard & easier to find, & later on down the line I might get into trying some 510 clearo's & get a Ego twist & so on.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Thanks for the feedback, but I heard if u dont use a drip tip, juice will leak on your battery, but they were talking about mods & bigger batteries in general, I never seen a review or a tutorial with somebody doing what Im trying to do. The adapter is basically a 808 to 510 so I can use the 510 atomizers (and other stuff if I wanted) with my KR808D1 battery.

:lol: I rewrote everything, except the drip shield part. Dripping can be messy, but a little liquid won't ruin your battery. I used an LR 306 with a "Cannon" drip tip which I managed to crack. My dripping ritual is: drip, wipe, vape. A drip shield is similar to a Cannon, but for my 510 attys I just drip.

You might find something in here helpful: Drip, Drip, Drip…

Hereal

ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
Chicago, IL
:lol: I rewrote everything, except the drip shield part. Dripping can be messy, but a little liquid won't ruin your battery. I used an LR 306 with a "Cannon" drip tip which I managed to crack. My dripping ritual is: drip, wipe, vape. A drip shield is similar to a Cannon, but for my 510 attys I just drip.

You might find something in here helpful: Drip, Drip, Drip…
Ok thanks a lot

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Thanks for the feed back, I talked to a lady at Madvapes costumer service earlier & she told me a 901 wouldn't work with my KR808D1 battery, even tho I read that they were compatible more than 1 place. But I decided to use a 510 anyway because their more standard & easier to find, & later on down the line I might get into trying some 510 clearo's & get a Ego twist & so on.
A 901 won't work on an 808 sealed auto battery. It will work on either the original unsealed autos (although not recommended for dripping) or on an 808 manual battery.

tj99959

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    I have to agree with DancingHeretik, get a 901 atty if you want the best that your 808 has to offer. I would also suggest that you go to the web site that best understands the 901.
    EmpireMods

As for a drip shield, I guess I'm the wrong person to ask because if I'm dripping (which is most of the time) the atty has a shield on it so that I can adjust the air flow. You would have to decide for yourself if that's necessary or not.

Last edited:

Hereal

ECF Veteran
    May 10, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    I have to agree with DancingHeretik, get a 901 atty if you want the best that your 808 has to offer. I would also suggest that you go to the web site that best understands the 901.
    EmpireMods

As for a drip shield, I guess I'm the wrong person to ask because if I'm dripping (which is most of the time) the atty has a shield on it so that I can adjust the air flow. You would have to decide for yourself if that's necessary or not.

Ok thanks a lot, Im going to just get the drip shield to be on the safe side.

Absintheur

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 7, 2012
    north central Indiana

Don't know they told you that except perhaps out of ignorance. A 901 atty will work perfectly on a 808D1 battery, I have used them like that for a long time.

one of these.. DSE-901 Low Resistance Atomizers (1.7ohm) SLB DSE-901 Low Resistance Atomizers [DSE-901LR] - $4.99 : ValueVapor.com, Discount Electronic Cigarettes and e-Liquid

and one of these... Drip Shields [Drip Shields] - $5.59 : ValueVapor.com, Discount Electronic Cigarettes and e-Liquid

and you should be set...

Hereal

ECF Veteran
    May 10, 2013
    Chicago, IL
    Don't know they told you that except perhaps out of ignorance. A 901 atty will work perfectly on a 808D1 battery, I have used them like that for a long time.

one of these.. DSE-901 Low Resistance Atomizers (1.7ohm) SLB DSE-901 Low Resistance Atomizers [DSE-901LR] - $4.99 : ValueVapor.com, Discount Electronic Cigarettes and e-Liquid

and one of these... Drip Shields [Drip Shields] - $5.59 : ValueVapor.com, Discount Electronic Cigarettes and e-Liquid

and you should be set...
    Ok, thanks a lot, I already ordered a 901 atty, but theres still 1 question Im getting mixed answers on, I still want to buy an adapter for my KR808D1 battery to be able to use 510 attys, carts, or whatever for flexibility purposes. So heres an example, on Madvapes.com adapters section they have 1 that says >901/808D Battery to 510 Atomizer Adapter<.... the customer service lady at Madvapes told me it wont fit my battery, but others say it will, I need a sure answer on that please anybody.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 20, 2011
    San Antonio, TX
    I don't see why not. I even took a look on the website. It sounds like exactly what you need.

Unless you don't need a 510 connection, but rather an eGo connection. Are you wanting to use any clearomizers on it, like a Kanger T2 or Stardust?

If so, you would need the '901/808D Battery to 510 Atomizer Adapter AND a 510 battery to ego atomizer adapter because they don't sell a 901/808D battery adapter to eGo atomizer adapter. At least, Mad Vapes doesn't. Someone else might. I don't know.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread