Do I vape too much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldsmashbones

May 24, 2014
Ohio, USA
I'm only gonna reply cause it's been a while and you've got no replies, so bump/some info.

You're body should tell you when you've had too much nic. 5 ml of 24mg seems like a ton to me, but it really depends how much nic is getting into your system. If you get overloaded with the nic you should notice pretty quickly. Little woozy, head spinny, knot in the gut has been my experience. It seems to be different ways of vaping give more nic delivery, from what I've heard pulling into your mouth and sending the vapors out of your nose seems to deliver a lot of nic without even hitting the lungs. I've also heard people say they feel they get more nic delivery with rba's/rda's than with carto/clearo styles so they vape less juice.

Maybe someone with more experience can chime in.

Katmar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa
It's pretty normal when you start out to vape a whole lot. Too much, like oldsmash said and you will know it. Make sure you stay REALLY hydrated. If it's not bothering you in any way, you are fine at 24mg. Lots of people vape that much for years. For me, I was able to work down to 6mg. But I still vape 3-6 ml a day.

Happy Vaping!!!!

SURGEON GENERAL

Aug 10, 2010
aq
Depends on what amount you smoked. 5ml of 24mg/ml e-juice per day still holds up a mystery. Did you smoke too much? Maybe, I don't know. Give me more details. You won't know the answer to this question with not supplying the amount you smoked.

I vape, I think, 12 times less than that though. I can only assume how many packs of smokes you smoked in comparison to me. All I can think is, yeah you vape way too much. You smoked way too much.

There's others on this forum that have smoked as much or more than you do. I apologize, I just don't get how bad this is. I heard about a 4 carton a day smoker on the radio, but not sure if it's true. I'm no way comparing them to you. Just comparing you to my confusion about this bull.... addiction.

Last edited:

regal55

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2013
york,PA
Depends on what amount you smoked. 5ml of 24mg/ml e-juice per day still holds up a mystery. Did you smoke too much? Maybe, I don't know. Give me more details. You won't know the answer to this question with not supplying the amount you smoked.

I vape, I think, 12 times less than that though. I can only assume how many packs of smokes you smoked in comparison to me. All I can think is, yeah you vape way too much. You smoked way too much.

There's others on this forum that have smoked as much or more than you do. I apologize, I just don't get how bad this is. I heard about a 4 carton a day smoker on the radio, but not sure if it's true. I'm no way comparing them to you. Just comparing you to my confusion about this bull.... addiction.

I thought my OP post was clear, I used to smoke 1.5 packs full flavor per day. I had tried up to 18mg/ml nic but didn't quit till I hit 24 mg/ml nic.

Part of the reason I go thru so much juice I've heard is the aerotech. I have it wide open and it wastes a lot of juice. When I was a smoker I could and generally always did inhale very fast, I mean a cigarette lasted less than a minute. So it wasn't till I found the aerotank and 24 mg/l nets that I was able to quit. I was always after the quick hard hit from a cigarette. And know with the e-cig I can vape in more places than I could smoke so my nic intake is probably higher.

But after trying to quit for 25 years and never lasting more than 3 days I can't complain. I'm 43, I needed to quit and my doc recommended the vaping so I gradually eased into it.

Wasn't till I found nets @24mg that I put the analogs down for good on this good Friday, not even one puff since and I feel a lot better.

Katmar

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 19, 2009
Pittsburgh, Pa
I thought my OP post was clear, I used to smoke 1.5 packs full flavor per day. I had tried up to 18mg/ml nic but didn't quit till I hit 24 mg/ml nic.

Part of the reason I go thru so much juice I've heard is the aerotech. I have it wide open and it wastes a lot of juice. When I was a smoker I could and generally always did inhale very fast, I mean a cigarette lasted less than a minute. So it wasn't till I found the aerotank and 24 mg/l nets that I was able to quit. I was always after the quick hard hit from a cigarette. And know with the e-cig I can vape in more places than I could smoke so my nic intake is probably higher.

But after trying to quit for 25 years and never lasting more than 3 days I can't complain. I'm 43, I needed to quit and my doc recommended the vaping so I gradually eased into it.

Wasn't till I found nets @24mg that I put the analogs down for good on this good Friday, not even one puff since and I feel a lot better.

That's all that matters. Whatever works for you is what you need to do. Staying away from the analogs is the goal. So, enjoy!!

tp4tissue

Jun 15, 2014
usa
Vaping is a highly inefficient delivery system for nicotine. it is between 25% to 50% as efficient as analog cigs.

So using 24mg liquid, about 1.5ml is half pack of cig

if you smoked 2 packs a day, you should be hovering around 5-6 ml..

So congratulations, you've continued your nicotine addiction in a healthier way..

and

Sux, the addiction continues..

:D

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Are you sick, missing work or school because nicotine wont let you sleep? Has it become an all-consuming obession that you talk about non-stop to friends who cant understand a word youre saying?

No?

Then stop worrying about it. That leftover guilt is from being a smoker. If it makes you happy and isnt hurting you or anyone else, HAVE AT IT and enjoy!

gtrthang

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2012
Memphis, TN
Vaping is a highly inefficient delivery system for nicotine. it is between 25% to 50% as efficient as analog cigs.

So using 24mg liquid, about 1.5ml is half pack of cig

if you smoked 2 packs a day, you should be hovering around 5-6 ml..

So congratulations, you've continued your nicotine addiction in a healthier way..

and

Sux, the addiction continues..

:D

I've been vaping now for over 2 years. Back when I did smoke, I was at about 2 packs a day. I currently vape about 8 ml of 18mg'ish a day. I don't know if that's normal, but it's what I do. I've seen in the DIY area where some people do a whole lot more and some people do a lot less.

The big thing to focus on now is to stay off the cigs. Once you are pretty sure you aren't going to go back to smoking, then worry about adjusting your vaping if you want.

JeansV

Apr 26, 2014
IL
Yea I know the too much nicotine feeling and I'm not getting that at all. I just end up vaping every 15 minutes about 3 pulls. I feel a lot better than when I was smoking so I guess that's what counts. I use an Aerotank which is dual coil.

Yeah, when I started 2 months ago, I never got the same buzz from vaping as I did from cigarettes. So, however vaping gets us our nicotine doesn't seem to be the same as smoking. Actually, I vape *much* more than you do - lower nic level, mind you. But more often. I take a few drags every couple of minutes. (especially since I am in front of a computer most days).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread