Do Volcano Cartridges work with Blu?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apophis

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
Chulak
Well, you are in luck. The Blu Premium 100 is a nice kit and 510 compatible. You can use the Volcano cartos (I use them) as well as the Blu Premium cartos (a little smaller than the Premium 100 cartos). If you're in a pinch, you can always pick up a pack at Walgreens and I think some Quick Checks sell them now too (at least they do in NJ). You can even pick up blank 510 cartos from any online retailer and fill your own.

Good luck and Happy vaping!!!

ilovehugehits

Moved On
Jan 28, 2013
Minnesota
Thanks for the advice!
I also have a JC Vea. The cartos fit. But the resistance is too low to work. I saw that Volcano has 5 packs for $6.99!
I know the regular Blu cartos will work. But they're $15 plus tax @ Walgreens. I just placed an order with Jet Cigs. They have some unique flavors. I sent them an email about using their cartos with the 100. One of the owners got back to me right away. He even gave me half off my first order. He said that he also uses the Blu 100. That he never had any issues personally. But others have mentioned that they have. I guess their cartos are designed to work with original or premium Blu batteries. Anyway, not only did he give me half off.
He said if I had any problems with their cartridges. He would send me their starter kit for free. After dealing with the long wait on Blu order processing. And their awful customer service. I was overjoyed to actually find a vendor who cares about their customers. Hopefully, Volcano is just as good. I would like to be done, doing business with Blu. Looks like Volcano has some really tasty flavors. Which ones do you recommend?

Apophis

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
Chulak
It's really hard to say because taste is so subjective. I might completely love a flavor and you might completely hate it. Likewise, you might absolutely love a flavor that I might think is just ok. But personally, I love their menthol. I was a menthol smoker for over 20 years and to me it is one of the best out there actually in a carto. The bluewater punch is tasty, but not an all day vape for me. The watermelon is tasty. The pineapple is ok. The milk chocolate is also tasty. My only issue with them is that the high strength is only 16mg. I'm used to 24mg so there is not much throat hit on them for me, but they are good and I like to vape them once in a while just for the flavor. I haven't tried any of their other flavors because when I ordered the other flavors didn't have the 16mg available. I would have liked to try the vanilla. So, I would try some and if you like them, stock up. It looks like they are trying to phase this awesome little guy out.

Everything I have I really like. I do have the Volcano, Blu Original, Premium and Premium 100 as well as an eVic (my personal fave and most used right now), Provari, many ego's, a Stinger (with a kick), a LavaTube - all 510 threaded. I also use Bloog, Volt and G6 - all KR808 threaded. I also have some off brand ones too like the ePuffer Colibri and Finiti (from Walgreens) both compatible and the new njoy King disposable.

Point here is you won't stick with just one device. None of us do. We all wanted to rid ourselves of analogs and our first device or three helped us do that. Then it becomes a hobby. I see something cool and I have to have it. So, my savings are being spent on great items keeping my NEW habit at bay - LOL.

ilovehugehits

Moved On
Jan 28, 2013
Minnesota
Thanks for the great feedback!
Wow you have a lot of hardware.
I've passed along my South Beach kit.
I now have the Blu 100. The Johnson Creek Vea.
And will order Jet Cigs starter kit as a backup.
It was out of stock, when I placed my original order.
Since it works well with Blu cartos, but is a bit more powerful.
That seems to make more sense. Plus for $15 it's a no brainer.
I don't plan on getting anything bigger than the Vea.
As an ex cigar smoker, it's perfect for vaping @ home.
If I decide I want something in between a mini & the Vea.
I'll either get a Volt or Volcano kit. Thanks again, for some flavor ideas. The blue water punch sounds delicious. I'm vaping Blu Pina Colada & Peach Schnapps right now. My order finally arrived after 10 days of waiting. The Jet stuff will be here on Monday. My only concern now about Volcano. Is that they're out of Hawaii. Even if they process orders quickly. Shipping might take a week. But I'll give it a shot and find out.

Apophis

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
Chulak
Believe it or not, shipping out of Hawaii isn't that bad. I've done both the priority and fed-ex. If you want it quick the fed-ex is a great option for the $7.99. The priority only takes a day or two longer and it's free for orders over $50. Fed-ex 2day is free for orders over $100. And yeah, Blu is hit or miss. My first order from them took 2 weeks. That was when they were a 3 piece unit. And when it was time for me to order more carts, they were out of stock so I delved into the 808 and the 510. My next couple of orders from them were a little quicker, but still not as good as Volcano.

Anyway, let mo know how the Jet is when you get it. They are in Philly, so not too far from me in NJ so if they are decent, I'd give them a try too. I like to try things. Must be why I'm broke - LOL.

On a side note, I really like the JC Vea, but what keeps me from jumping in is that the battery is only 2.8 volts where almost all ego type batteries are 3.6/3.7 volts. How do you like it? Does it vape well with the low res cartos? Have you tried any of your other cartos on it?

ilovehugehits

Moved On
Jan 28, 2013
Minnesota
I've only used the carts that are designed by JC for the Vea.
They are a standard 510, but the low resistance makes it specific to JC. They don't work with Blu, or probably any other commercial setup. My first Jet order will be here on Monday. For $6 a five pack.
It was worth taking a shot. Spinfuel gave them an awesome rating.
Priority mail is $6. Or free fedex for over $50. If they wouldn't have gave me that discount code, I would have waited. But for half price, it was worth checking them out. The turnaround was lightning fast. My order was in the mail in 8 hours. I am very happy with the Vea. I guess the only downside is having to use their carts. The prefilled ones are good. That's all I've used so far. But @ $12 a pack with no volume discount. They don't seem like much of a bargain. But you can refill them several times. I plan on doing that soon. With the Red Oak Sample Bottle Kit. I want to keep vaping as simple as possible. I know a lot of people have a ton of gear. But I think with the Blu 100. The JC Vea. And the Jet kit as a backup. I am in pretty good shape. That's very good news about Volcano. I'll go on their site and spend $50.
@ $6.99 for their flavors of the week. Sounds like they do a good job of keeping their customers happy. Blu does a good job at making a nice mini ( the Premium 100 ) & great flavors ( from Johnson Creek).
But they suck at everything else. Well except marketing.

Apophis

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
Chulak
You know funny thing, I put items in my cart and found a 20% off coupon for Jet. I didn't complete checkout yet and went to do other things. Several hours later I got an email from them about items I left in the cart and a 50% off coupon. That's gonna make me take the plunge and add to my arsenal.

As for Volcano, I think their liquid is USA based too, but I'm not sure where they get it from or if they make their own. I haven't tried it yet. And perusing JC's site I found out that the Vea battery is 2.8 volts and their cartos are 1.7/1.9 ohms. Their cartos may work on other 510 PV's but no guarantee. Will probably work on the Provari because you can set that at 2.9 volts. And I've seen reviews where they've used Blu and Jet cartos on the Vea with great success.

Happy Vaping!!!

ilovehugehits

Moved On
Jan 28, 2013
Minnesota
Alex from Jet Cigs told me, that code will only works for your first order. Spinfuel had a 30% off one. But I'm glad that I held off. Jet did me the same way. Sent me an email, about stuff in the cart not purchased. I messaged him back, that I had read about his cartridges being designed to work with the smaller Blu batteries. He not only gave me the half off code. Told me if any of the cartos didn't work. He would send me his batteries & USB for free. That seemed better than a money back guarantee. My girlfriend also vapes. So even if they work perfectly. She'll order their starter kit & some different flavors. She knows I'm sick of her hogging my gear.

Last edited:

Apophis

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
Chulak
Hey ilovehugehits, I did the same thing I ordered 4 packs of the cherry and 4 black/red batts and a spare black v-pack as well. The red cat with a black batt with a red tip will look pretty bad @$$ I think. Also, ordered from Jet on Sunday and I was enjoying their cartos on Tuesday. Nice subtle flavors and lots of vapor. It's certainly nice to know I can buy from them and Volcano and not have to worry about Blu's haphazzard painstakingly long shipping.

Happy Vaping Dude!!!

P.S. Joe - I still love you guys. Keep rocking the great products.

ilovehugehits

Moved On
Jan 28, 2013
Minnesota
Hey Apophis. You were right about the Jet cartos.
They work great on the Vea. I was out of JC prefilleds & too lazy to start the filling project. I think the blu ones need to be tinkered with first. They fit but getting them to draw is frustrating.
I think blu did this on purpose.
My second Jet order will be here today.
Will compare the battery life & vapor level to blu.
It's nice that their cartos are 22mg.
After vaping 16 for so long. It really makes a huge difference.
Volcano was lightning fast with processing.
Order shipped yesterday morning. Went back on their site last night. They offered an extra 15% off, if you did a quick survey.
Also different stuff on sale.
Ordered a pack of chocolate & pineapple.
And a cool looking red inferno case for $6.
Two packs of cartos & case, with priority mail was $21!
I don't know how they do it.
First order shipped regular mail.
Tracking said it will be here Tuesday.
Checked out the specs & reviews on the Inferno.
Think it will probably be my next setup.
In the meantime, the case will be perfect for my current gear.

Last edited:

Apophis

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2009
Chulak
I should have my Vea today (said out for delivery) and can't wait to try it.

I like volcano's milk chocolate. It's very mild and smooth. Would serve as a great after dinner vape. Possibly an all day vape. And I will say, the Inferno is one nice e-cig. I have the red one from when they first came out with that model. Nice thing is you can use any 510 atty cart combo or cartomizer on it. I got a lot of use out of that set-up before I got into the 18650 battery mods.

ilovehugehits

Moved On
Jan 28, 2013
Minnesota
I really think you'll like the Vea.
I prefer using an integrated system.
Probably why I dealt with blu & their slow service for so long.
The Jet batteries and other flavors got here today.
They're lighter and don't seem as durable as blu.
But they'll be great as a backup.
I know it could take weeks for a replacement.
If one of the blu batteries give up the ghost.
Jet swiss chocolate is just delicious. Hopefully, I will like Volcano's as much. The apple medley is ok. Reminds me of sweet tarts.
They included a carto of mint mojito & perique tobacco with the kit.
Mojito I think is their best flavor. Perique really isn't for me.
Tastes like my grandfather's pipe.
The only thing I don't like about Johnson Creek.
Is that unlike Volcano. They rarely have anything useful on sale.
Just like blu, there's a box for coupon codes. But good luck finding one that works.
Got the Vea & some cartos on Black Friday for 30% off.
Have yet to see a sale or special since.
I'm very excited to try the Volcano flavors.
Wish they had some other high nic ones on sale.
I do prefer vaping VG. But will be nice to have some PG ones.
It's easy to get bored vaping the same stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread