Do we even want to prove that vaping works?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravensfan

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2013
Baltimore, MD
The latest public vaping thread got me thinking. Let's say that tomorrow there is hard scientific research that proves vaping is the best smoking cessation method available and even under long term use it is as safe as drinking a cup of coffee a day. Would that be a good thing? Do you think the FDA would come out and endorse this miracle product that can be made in a back room by some guy that hasn't shaved in 6 years and is trying to be able to shoot cannonballs through his earlobes? Do you think the folks at Phizer are going to be cool with losing their multi-billion dollar smoking cessation niche? I think at that point it would become a pharmaceutical, and have to be made by pharmaceutical companies. We may be better off if this thing just stays a hobby. We all know the benefits from anecdotal evidence. We may even want non-smokers to take it up. vaping may have a better chance of survival as a leisure activity than a smoking alternative.

Free6413

ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Spring, Texas
We already know this works as a cessation product. We already know the juice can be made in someone's basement. We already know the feds are upset about losing the tax revenue generated by cig sales and offset revenues paid by the BT companies. Our most likely alternative would be to help educate the general public and let the legislators know we are a large unhappy group that is not going to just lie back and wait for the fallout. We have to join together and shout at the top of our lungs that we are tired of having laws and bans placed on our enjoyments in life. Especially the ones that improve it!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread