Status
Not open for further replies.

redgirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2009
Brunswick, MD
I think a lot of it has to do with the vaping community. Plus, did you ever go to analog forums? Being on here and reading other people's experiences and opinions is very interesting. Plus, I don't believe that many people know other vapers in their daily lives, so ECF and vaping are kind of like belonging to a secret club :)

Poeia

Bird Brain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2009
NYC
I'm pretty much done with the PVs. I have an 801, a 510 and a passthrough for it, Screwdriver Mk1 and a Little Chuck.

As for juice, I'm still looking for my favorites. I have lots that I try to tell myself I should use up. But I can't bear to. I also have 2 or 3 that I can happily vape for hours. I'd like to get that to 5 or 6. I think that will give me enough variety that I won't tire of them. I love my banana nut bread but sometimes I want a piece of fruit.

(And I still have those ones I can't make myself use.)

SuZamme

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Yes, yes, yes. I agree with everything everyone has said on this thread AND reading all these reminds me I have some juice on the way, a new T-Tip coming, and possible trades in the works and I am really enjoying all my PVs with their different flavors (juice and hardware).

Plus, I have decided that these awful, terrible, sneaky, and generous suppliers on this forum continue to have fun contests that lure us into new possibilities with prizes of juice and hardware. You know who you are!!!!! :evil: :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

About the OCD...just because I only have 1 CD out and another in the works I do NEED 25 NA flutes. Of course, I also NEED variety in my vaping PVs and one can't have too many attys and batts or too much juice or cases to hold all this...right? 8-o

I am thankful to have found vaping and ECF and the wonderful enthusiasm, humor, and support that goes with both.

Vape On and on and on and on!

eatenalive

Apr 13, 2010
VA
I thought this would be an interesting topic for discussion...

Why do most of us (seemingly) feel the need to constantly order more or new juice flavors (even though we have enough laying around in 32 flavors to last until judgement day), order a new PV (even though we just posted on how much we LOVE the one we have 2 minutes ago), modify something that seems to work OK as is, or find a way to turn common household objects into E-cig accessories? I know that I am guilty of at least two of these on any given week. Is it an obsession? Is it an extension of the addictive personality type? Do we all have OCD? Is there just a huge market for vapor producing toaster ovens?

I for one think that part of it (for me) may be that smoking was such a huge part of who I was that these other activities help fill the hole that not smoking has left. I'm sure there's more to it though. That's why I wanted everyone else's thoughts. Please take a moment and share your view!

This could be fun!

variety is the key for me!! to keep away from evil analogs!!!

DaliMama

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
Heart of Georgia (for now)
Great Post and responses!

I am just starting my vaping obsession and already I have a nice little supply of flavors ~ and more on the way. At first I thought I would only want menthol to replace my analogs but the more I read about the various flavors (like atomic cinnacide) the more my curiosity gets piqued ~tastes like an atomic fireball?? OoOoohh, I love those! add to cart, click, buy, stalk mailman...

As for OCD, yup, I'm guilty as well, though I must say it is selective. I loved smoking analogs but there were so many aspects that I didn't like such as the health concerns, smell, feeling like a fiend for needing to light up when I woke up, after I ate, hopped in the car, had a drink, being treated like a pariah by the non-smokers etc~ Can't really complain about the cost as I am currently spending more on vaping than I did on smoking, but I realize this is only because I am just getting started and need to have all the right things to help my vaping experience. ;)

I entered the world of vaping with a smoking everywhere e-cig :)shock: I know, I know) and while I haven't yet purchased new hardware, I can easily tell that I will be. soon. This time I am just going to do a bit more research and reading so that I am more satisfied with my next purchase when compared to my impulse investment with SE

This forum is great, I love reading about other's experiences, suggestions, opinions and tips. The vaping community seems so supportive and I am so glad to be a part of it!

Many thanks!

georgiasl

ECF Veteran
Jan 9, 2010
NC, USA
Honestly a big part of vaping for me is the excitement of checking the mail. I have ordered juice from 19 different vendors and I have multiple mods and stock pvs. Everyday has been like Christmas for the 3.5 months I have been vaping. Yes I have spent more on vaping than I did on cigs but I figure for my health it is worth it :)

JamBandPhan

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2010
OR
I am also guilty of this behavior. I have a TON of e cig stuff now, and I am building mods. I don't know how to explain the obsession, but it's definitely there. I had no idea I was going to geek out this much on e cigs. My boyfriend (computer geek) doesn't even fully understand my obsession, and I though he would, considering it's electronics and he geeks out over other kinds of gadgets. I would probably have way more juice supplies piling up if I was not allergic to PG, I am limited to the few all VG choices out there.

As far as modding goes, I am fascinated with the idea that I can build these things myself, I find it challenging, it is sparking some form of creativity and it gives me something to tinker with. Because of this new obsession, I have even been learning new skills, soldering, wiring, etc... I used to focus most of my time on art projects, painting, sewing and crocheting, lately it's been all about the e cigs.

The same thing happened when I discovered those egg shaped fiberglass travel trailers (Scamp, Casita, Boler etc...) and bought an older one to fix up... I spent almost 2 years working on it and now we finally have it fixed up and will be using it for the summer while we travel/move to Oregon. It's in my blood to build, create, learn, tinker, obsess, and get "into" things so I don't feel bad about doing it. I also think the ease of on line shopping is some what responsible for this, just a few clicks and punch in a few numbers and you have stuff on the way... I prefer to shop this way for most of my needs now, over going to the bloated stores and dealing with all the rude people. I would like to stop spending so much money on this stuff though, it has been turning into an expensive hobby. Getting out on the road for the summer should cure that one. I won't have a shipping address to have stuff mailed to me ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread