Do you have a nasty e liquid collection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enso

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2017
Vermont, USA
I’m picky. There are a lot of flavors that I just don’t like, some are too sweet, some are overwhelming, some taste like chemicals. Some just gunk up coils too fast.

On the quest to find tolerable flavors I’ve picked up a number of samplers. Usually there is one in five that is between good and ok. I can power through the ones that are tolerable. But some are just nasty. I’m starting to have a collection. I keep them around thinking “maybe it just needs to steep longer... nope; still nasty.

Im aware of DIY, I’ve tried it. I might go back to it. I find however, that it is useful to know what good liquid tastes like, and pro mixers tend to come up with combinations I wouldn’t think of. So I’m still searching. In the meantime, what does one do with a collection of nasty eliquid?

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I'm picky too. If anything does not live up to what my personal taste prefers it is considered fodder for the trash bin. When it comes to joose I've done DIY from the very start of my vaping. But at first I also bought a hellofalotof hyped premade joose to try out to find what my favored flavor profiles were for vaping. From them I learned immediately for example that 'hyped' has little to no real world meaning, and even though I love to eat fresh fruits I did not like fruit vapes at all, nor their flavor concentrates. I still don't. Fast forward 6 years later and I have only vaped my own DIY nic free liquids for years. All of them are recipes that I concocted and perfected to my own personal tastes in the gear I run them in. They are my perfect vapes, all I will ever vape. I would never even try another premade again.

PIF or toss

In today's world I will not PIF to anyone I don't know personally in real life. That especially includes premade joose in a bottle that has been opened, is not still factory sealed (nor my DIY's that I make myself).

Enso

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2017
Vermont, USA
I'm picky too. If anything does not live up to what my personal taste prefers it is considered fodder for the trash bin. When it comes to joose I've done DIY from the very start of my vaping. But at first I also bought a hellofalotof hyped premade joose to try out to find what my favored flavor profiles were for vaping. From them I learned immediately for example that 'hyped' has little to no real world meaning, and even though I love to eat fresh fruits I did not like fruit vapes at all, nor their flavor concentrates. I still don't. Fast forward 6 years later and I have only vaped my own DIY nic free liquids for years. All of them are recipes that I concocted and perfected to my own personal tastes in the gear I run them in. They are my perfect vapes, all I will ever vape. I would never even try another premade again.

In today's world I will not PIF to anyone I don't know personally in real life. That especially includes premade joose in a bottle that has been opened, is not still factory sealed (nor my DIY's that I make myself).

There are some heavy regulations coming to my state in July. So the “collection” will be a non-issue soon. I’ll pretty much have to learn to like DIY.

*PIF= put in freezer, correct?

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
There are some heavy regulations coming to my state in July. So the “collection” will be a non-issue soon. I’ll pretty much have to learn to like DIY.

*PIF= put in freezer, correct?
pay it forward, give away

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I can kind of understand the hesitance of paying it forward to someone you don't know, etc.

If you are thinking of starting DIY, you may want to hang on to some of your "less nasty" offerings, you can do a lot to fix a juice with DIY.

I have made it a habit to NEVER toss a juice without trying to fix it first. I still have yet to attack my "I made margarita juice and then accidentally added gin n tonic on top of it" 60 ml creation, but I plan to. I'm letting it STEEP for now. Which is how I found out I could tolerate at least ONE lemon offering-- a pink lemonade that may have steeped for near a year. It's really good--now. LOL.

I have learned more about DIY by trying to fix failed mixes than I have in just doing a great job out of the gate or following a recipe.

I have also learned that if I'm trying something ultra new, I am going to mix 10 ml not oh, 60 ml.

Anna

Enso

ECF Veteran
Jan 31, 2017
Vermont, USA
Remember nicotine needs to be frozen, and I think shelf life in freezer is 20 years when done right.

You'll like to potentially do some searching on the forum for stocking up tips for nicotine..
I just tried the calculator, since I’ve been using 3 mg @ about 15ml a day, my 1L will last about six years, haha!

Maybe by the time the bottle is gone, the enlightenment will have happened, and laws will be sensible or entirely unnecessary, and nukes will be a thing of the past. No taxes, if it harms none do as thou wilt is the law of the land...

...I should probably get 5 more bottles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread