The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Do you have a nasty e liquid collection?

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Discussion' started by Enso, Mar 16, 2019.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Enso

Enso Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jan 31, 2017
    Vermont, USA
    I’m picky. There are a lot of flavors that I just don’t like, some are too sweet, some are overwhelming, some taste like chemicals. Some just gunk up coils too fast.

On the quest to find tolerable flavors I’ve picked up a number of samplers. Usually there is one in five that is between good and ok. I can power through the ones that are tolerable. But some are just nasty. I’m starting to have a collection. I keep them around thinking “maybe it just needs to steep longer... nope; still nasty.

Im aware of DIY, I’ve tried it. I might go back to it. I find however, that it is useful to know what good liquid tastes like, and pro mixers tend to come up with combinations I wouldn’t think of. So I’m still searching. In the meantime, what does one do with a collection of nasty eliquid?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Letitia

Letitia Citrus Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    PIF or toss

• Agree Agree x 6
  3. susieqz

susieqz Senior Member

Dec 11, 2018
    high plains
    i pour it on my garden.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. DeloresRose

DeloresRose Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Apr 25, 2014
    toledo ohio
    Agree! Life is too short for nasty juice. I’m too spoiled to vape even so-so juice.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Spydro

Spydro Sindoyen Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 20, 2013
    Las Vegas
    I'm picky too. If anything does not live up to what my personal taste prefers it is considered fodder for the trash bin. When it comes to joose I've done DIY from the very start of my vaping. But at first I also bought a hellofalotof hyped premade joose to try out to find what my favored flavor profiles were for vaping. From them I learned immediately for example that 'hyped' has little to no real world meaning, and even though I love to eat fresh fruits I did not like fruit vapes at all, nor their flavor concentrates. I still don't. Fast forward 6 years later and I have only vaped my own DIY nic free liquids for years. All of them are recipes that I concocted and perfected to my own personal tastes in the gear I run them in. They are my perfect vapes, all I will ever vape. I would never even try another premade again.

In today's world I will not PIF to anyone I don't know personally in real life. That especially includes premade joose in a bottle that has been opened, is not still factory sealed (nor my DIY's that I make myself).

• Like Like x 2
  6. gpjoe

gpjoe Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 30, 2013
    Motown
    Anyone (everyone) that has ever vaped has had, or does have, a nasty e-liquid collection - but one person's trash is another person's treasure - PIF.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. sonicbomb

sonicbomb Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 17, 2015
    1187 Hunterwasser
    It puts the nasty juice in the basket, or it gets the hose again...

• Funny Funny x 7
  8. Enso

Jan 31, 2017
    Vermont, USA
    There are some heavy regulations coming to my state in July. So the “collection” will be a non-issue soon. I’ll pretty much have to learn to like DIY.

*PIF= put in freezer, correct?

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  9. Letitia

Letitia Citrus Junkie ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 2, 2017
    West Frankfort, IL
    pay it forward, give away

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. stols001

stols001 Mistress of the Dark Nicotinic Arts Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 30, 2017
    Tucson, AZ
    I can kind of understand the hesitance of paying it forward to someone you don't know, etc.

If you are thinking of starting DIY, you may want to hang on to some of your "less nasty" offerings, you can do a lot to fix a juice with DIY.

I have made it a habit to NEVER toss a juice without trying to fix it first. I still have yet to attack my "I made margarita juice and then accidentally added gin n tonic on top of it" 60 ml creation, but I plan to. I'm letting it STEEP for now. Which is how I found out I could tolerate at least ONE lemon offering-- a pink lemonade that may have steeped for near a year. It's really good--now. LOL.

I have learned more about DIY by trying to fix failed mixes than I have in just doing a great job out of the gate or following a recipe.

I have also learned that if I'm trying something ultra new, I am going to mix 10 ml not oh, 60 ml.

Anna

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. Opinionated

Opinionated Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    nvm..

you will need to stock up on nicotine..

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. Enso

Jan 31, 2017
    Vermont, USA
    Didn’t see it coming. I have a liter in the freezer, and till July to add more.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Opinionated

Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. Enso

Jan 31, 2017
    Vermont, USA
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love Love x 1
  15. Opinionated

Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    Remember nicotine needs to be frozen, and I think shelf life in freezer is 20 years when done right.

You'll like to potentially do some searching on the forum for stocking up tips for nicotine..

• Like Like x 2
  16. Enso

Jan 31, 2017
    Vermont, USA
    I just tried the calculator, since I’ve been using 3 mg @ about 15ml a day, my 1L will last about six years, haha!

Maybe by the time the bottle is gone, the enlightenment will have happened, and laws will be sensible or entirely unnecessary, and nukes will be a thing of the past. No taxes, if it harms none do as thou wilt is the law of the land...

...I should probably get 5 more bottles.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. Opinionated

Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    hahaha... sooooo true!

I concur btw.... at least 2 anyway.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.