Some e-liquids taste nasty!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
When I started, I used generic unflavored juice (16mg nicotine) to cut down on cigs. A friend gave me some flavored juices (his device broke and he just gave up... too bad) I mixed some of his and really liked the blueberry one (don't remember the brand) Anyway, I've been using Naked tobacco flavor (12mg and mild caramel flavor) Got this new one to try (X2O fruity tyrant) and it tastes nasty (like cheap laundry detergent) Now I'm afraid of trying anything new. Any suggestions for a berry flavored juice with 12 mg nic?

Reactions: stols001

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
This is my sister's all time favorite flavor. I don't like blue berry, but I have to admit this is a pretty good vape.

Artemis (Berry Cobbler) - Cyclops Vapor

My second favorite flavor is
The Fountain - Coded - Giant Vapes

Being a cherry slush flavor, I was a little afraid it might be too sweet, but its not. The cherry doesn't taste like cough medicine like many cherry flavors do.

Last edited:

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
This is my favorite berry:

Crackberry (Purity) - $9.00 : Heather’s Heavenly Vapes, Premium E-Liquids Hand-Crafted in the USA

That said, it's a blackberry jam flavor, not a fresh unsweetened blackberry..

Some people as a result don't like it as much as their black and blue:

Black & Blue (Purity) - $9.00 : Heather’s Heavenly Vapes, Premium E-Liquids Hand-Crafted in the USA

But I haven't tried that as I dearly loved the blackberry jam flavor - which literally tastes straight out of the jar of actual blackberry jam I have in my fridge.

That said, you may also like to try her cinful pear, but I found the cinnamon in that too dry for my taste, more like having dry cinnamon grated on top of pear so I wasn't personally happy with that one - but others really really like it..

As we all have different taste preferences it's kind of hit and miss how flavors seem to each of us, but I do think Heathers has some awesome juice overall, and it's a good place to try a few flavors out..

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
The berry cobbler sounds great. Hope it's not too sweet (clogs up wick/coil) Heather's products are perfect because I can choose size, strength and pg/vg ratio. Also hope they are not too sweet (not because I don't like sweet, just want my coils to last longer) Also, some have artificial sweeteners (like diet soda) Nor sure if I'm cool with that. I was going to try mixing my own, but all of these give you options... just what I want. I do MTL and use 1.2 ohm coil so don't want high vg (not into big clouds) I have to try that berry cobbler, but heather's options are a dream come true. Black and blue for me (less sweet) I could try crackberry and mix with my current juice (tobacco with slight caramel flavor and not very sweet) Has anyone got juice like I described... cheap laundry detergent? Any brands I should avoid?

• Agree
Reactions: newyork13

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
A soapy detergent taste usually means that the juice is way too heavily flavoured for your taste buds. Something that many commercial juices suffer from.
Perhaps you would consider a move to making your own juices, saves you uber-bucks and puts you completely in the driving seat of your vaping. There's a wealth of knowledge and help available here and believe it or not it's actually quite easy.

GOMuniEsq

Self-Proclaimed Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 25, 2012
Alberta, Canada
What @sonicbomb said. Pre-mixed juices are almost always overflavored, especially for high-wattage devices. Before I hitched myself to the DIY bandwagon I used to buy juice at double the strength I needed and then dilute it down to regular strength with PG and VG. Good for the budget too.

Reactions: Falconeer

vaper1960

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2019
California, US
I tried the free sampler from vapebox (just pay shipping) Been having fun mixing... got 3 bottles: custard, lemon/strawberry and a very fancy one (bourbon, brown sugar, vanilla, custard and cheesecake) That last one is sooo good! Mixing custard with my Naked tobacco and just a little lemon/strawberry (by itself the lemon/strawberry is too much for me) I like 12mg nicotine. The custard is 12, but the other two are 6, so ordered some 18mg tobacco to mix (also don't like really sweet so the tobacco adds a bite) Having fun... will totally continue my account with vapebox even if I can't get exactly what I want (only $20 plus shipping) I also want to try something called black and blue (berries) someone recommended. With the monthly vapebox, you choose 3 general flavors... next time will be coffee, bakery and fruit. Peace... vape out!

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
This is my favorite berry:

Crackberry (Purity) - $9.00 : Heather’s Heavenly Vapes, Premium E-Liquids Hand-Crafted in the USA

That said, it's a blackberry jam flavor, not a fresh unsweetened blackberry..

Some people as a result don't like it as much as their black and blue:

Black & Blue (Purity) - $9.00 : Heather’s Heavenly Vapes, Premium E-Liquids Hand-Crafted in the USA

But I haven't tried that as I dearly loved the blackberry jam flavor - which literally tastes straight out of the jar of actual blackberry jam I have in my fridge.

That said, you may also like to try her cinful pear, but I found the cinnamon in that too dry for my taste, more like having dry cinnamon grated on top of pear so I wasn't personally happy with that one - but others really really like it..

As we all have different taste preferences it's kind of hit and miss how flavors seem to each of us, but I do think Heathers has some awesome juice overall, and it's a good place to try a few flavors out..
I really liked those two as well. I've been diy'ing for a number of years now and tried so many blackberry and blueberry flavors to figure out which flavoring they use. Nothing came close. I just noticed (but never paid attention at the time) that HHV's purity line uses PG free flavoring. I think I know which flavorings they use now! Nature's Flavors flavorings use ethyl alcohol as a base, and that makes sense now, since I was told at the time to leave HHV liquids uncapped for a day or two for the alcohol to evaporate.

• Love
Reactions: Opinionated

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I really liked those two as well. I've been diy'ing for a number of years now and tried so many blackberry and blueberry flavors to figure out which flavoring they use. Nothing came close. I just noticed (but never paid attention at the time) that HHV's purity line uses PG free flavoring. I think I know which flavorings they use now! Nature's Flavors flavorings use ethyl alcohol as a base, and that makes sense now, since I was told at the time to leave HHV liquids uncapped for a day or two for the alcohol to evaporate.

I'm in the middle of trying to copycat that.. hopefully I'll get it right but I'm thinking it's MF.. far more expensive - but they extract with alcohol and the flavorings are top of the line..

So I'm guessing that.. I haven't started mixing yet so we will see if my guess is right.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread