Do you have to throw away used coils?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turtletimee

Jul 23, 2015
Hi!

I got into lung hits with my Isub g tank as I got a lower MG set of juices however I only have one of these tanks currently. The flavour I'm using is a vanilla cinnamon sort of thing but I also have a really nice fruity one I'd love to try out. Obviously I can't just refill this tank and ruin the flavour and the coil I'm using is only a day old as well as I want to keep using it!

Is there anyway to preserve the coil whilst I use a different one for a while? Can coils be cleaned?

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
You can always just switch out the coil when you switch to a different flavor juice. You can stick the old coil in a plastic zip loc bag so you don't need to clean it and don't need to worry about the coil drying out for a few days. With some flavors, no matter how well you clean, sometimes the flavor still sticks around.

Canadian_Vaper

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 30, 2015
ON. Canada
Personally I keep a few coils for different types of flavors. 1 for candy/drinks, 1 for vanilla/caramel/cinnamon, 1 for mint and a couple ones I haven't used in case one burns.

I've done this a few times in a pinch

Dump the old liquid, clean your tank, drip new flavor directly on coil, hit the button but dont let the wick dry out with tank off while blowing on it to produce vapor to prevent buildup, rinse repeat a couple times then drip some on the coil again put your tank on without filling it and have a taste vape if its good fill your tank up if its still cinnamon repeat dripping and blowing till its clear.

I've actually mixed some good flavors switching flavors, had this skittles flavor once that I liked, wanted to try watermelon too but a mix of skittles and watermelon turned out to be my favorite flavor for a few months lol.

Last edited:

Turtletimee

Jul 23, 2015
You can always just switch out the coil when you switch to a different flavor juice. You can stick the old coil in a plastic zip loc bag so you don't need to clean it and don't need to worry about the coil drying out for a few days. With some flavors, no matter how well you clean, sometimes the flavor still sticks around.

When in the ziplock bag, should I leave some juice in with it?

Grimwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 12, 2012
Lawrence KS
dont have to throw them away.... you can always make earrings out of them :)

What a great idea. My "real" hobby is watch repair. I have made some great jewelry for my wife and kids out of watch gears, springs, date wheels, hands, etc. Imagine evod earrings...no need to carry a backup tank...just pull one off your ear.

Reactions: dcfluegel

pevinsghost

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2015
St Louis, MO
I bought a 170 mL bottle of pure, unflavored, vg for about $3. When I switch flavors, I just vape to the bottom of the tank, add 1 mL vg, vape that down, and add my new flavor. Doesn't 100% remove all flavor crossover, but pretty close. And those pure vg clouds are huge and fun to make. ;)

somdcomputerguy

vaper dedicato
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
    ..still paying a lot for for premium juice when I should be making my own by now
    I was originally vaping a combination of two or three different juices. A 30ml (1 oz.) bottle of each cost almost 12 bucks. Each juice had a 50/50 mix of PG & VG. The nicotine content level was choosable though. Now I'm buying a 125ml (4 oz.) bottle of PG, VG, and nictotine for $8. Two or three different flavors, that I have 'level choosabilty' of, cost me about $4.50 apiece. The three 'base juice' 'ingredient content levels' are choosable too. I was never too fond of math, but I sure like this math!

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread