Do You Keep Analogs for Extreme Situations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grandmato5

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
WNY
When I started vaping I had 3 cartons and 5 packs of cigarettes still in the house. I didnt buy that first PV to give up smoking, just to use when it would be more convenient. Even though it was only 4 hours after my first vape that I decided to totally switch to vaping I had no idea if I was really going to stick to it so....... I kept them all for 2 months just in case I changed my mind. At two months I gave them to my best friend for her husband that smokes. He smoked them all.

Right now I've probably got enough charged PV power to vape for 3 or 4 days without electricity.

Last edited:
I intend to keep some weed about the place for a while.

The way I see it, if I cant handle the temptation of having it about, I wont hand the temptation of making the 5 min drive to get some. The other issue for me is that I have to import all my nic juice and havent been vaping long enough to be confident in my supply lines as yet!

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
I hate to admit it, but I always have backups. The staler they get, the awfuler those 3 sneaky puffs are. I don't know why I feel I have to "sneak a puff" ... I'm right HERE looking and knowing, I can't sneak it from me lol, but that's my trip. In a year's time, I went through a pack of smokes... but all of them at 3 puffs or less. But on the day my dog was dying, I didn't vape, I didn't listen to music, I didn't watch tv or anything... all I did was smoke. I smoked my brains out. Every day after that I smoked less, but still haven't gone back to zero smokes. I miss my Zero smoke days and will eventually get back to fulltime vaping, because I still prefer it. This time though, I don't think I'll keep any backups around at all. I'll vape through whatever life brings.

dhewey

Oct 31, 2010
Northern Idaho
Do you all plan on going 100% e-cig period and live with the consequences, or do you keep analogs for backups in unfavorable circumstances? Personally, I'm leaning towards keeping one unopened pack for emergency and toss or give away the rest.

After the first day with my PV I got rid of all opened packs of cigs. After three days, I gave away all unopened packs.

But, heh, since I now have five eGo batteries, a fast wall charger, a car charger, lots of extra cartridges, plenty of extra atomizers and perhaps two or three months of e-juice on hand I have little fear of "running out."

If you are worried about power outages, make sure you have a car charger which you can use as a back-up, or when driving or on vacation.

lookin2quit

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2009
La Mesa, California, United States
I don't keep any "emergency cigs" around. In the beginning I thought I would, but quickly found out that if I had them around I would smoke them whether there was an emergency or not. I figure if the need is great enough there are tons of stores around that I can buy them at, and meanwhile in the time it takes to get there I might change my mind and not need them after all.

Vidi

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
I had half a pack of cigarettes left when I started with my 510. Three weeks in, I lit up an analog on my way home from work, took three drags and threw it out the window. The pack went into the trash when I got home.

There have been situations ( like the day I got laid off ) that I REALLY felt like I needed an analog and was tempted. But, I keep some 36mg juice around for just such situations. I up my nic level and vape like mad on it until the desire for an analog goes away.

I feel that if you have a pack for those extreme situations, then you will open that pack and perpetuate the habit, instead of replacing it altogther.

Lastly, Ive found that because certain juice flavors are sooooo much more satisfying than analogs, those flavors are what I keep for those times.

pianoguy

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2009
Apple Valley, MN
I still have a few packs out in the garage that have been collecting dust for 14 months. When I started vaping, I carried a pack around with me, and also had one in my office desk drawer and in my glove compartment. I had to know they were available. I quit carrying around the pack within a week, and eventually took them out of my office and car. I did try one cig about 3 months in - I didn't get past 2 puffs, it was disgusting. Nothing feels better than to see one of those packs and know that I won.

tigerlily

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2010
Oklahoma
I continued to smoke a few cigarettes a day when I first started vaping so I did carry a pack around with me. After I stopped smoking them I continued to carry them around in case my batteries went out on me during the day. After getting my eGo I realized the chances of my battery going out during the day was practically nil so I stopped carrying them around. They are still in my house since my husband still smokes, but I'm not tempted to smoke them. I was extremely amused a couple of weeks ago when I was out running around with my husband and he had left his cigarettes at home. He naturally asked to bum one of mine and I had to tell him, "Sorry, I don't have any on me."

I hadn't thought about the possibility of an extended power outage making it impossible to recharge my batteries. Thankfully I don't have to worry about that though. A couple of years ago we had a 5 day outage. I sent my husband to Home Depot for batteries for the flashlight. He came home with a generator instead. lol

toriL

ECF Veteran
Dec 4, 2010
Virginia, USA
I did have some on hand for many many months. I finally broke & threw them out last month. Now I'm without a net, but if something happens... I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

I'd like to think that at this point if every battery died or we were without electricity for a long time, I'd just go get some nicotine gum or patches or something to carry me over that hump.

jplanet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2010
NJ
I have five unopened packs left over since my last cigarette a week ago...I consider them pretty much obsolete now that I'm vaping. I didn't really have a goal to quit them by now, I just planned on moving over to vaping more gradually, but now I just like it better. So, if I ever do need them in an emergency, I'm not afraid that I'll go back to them...But, if I throw them away, I'm afraid it will trigger the anxiety I used to get when I ran out of cigarettes when I smoked...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread