Status
Not open for further replies.

lamarrk

ECF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2013
Huntsville, Alabama (Rocket City), USA
The o-ring on my drip tip is getting a little wear and tear on it and I was wondering if anyone replaces the o-rings on them or if they just throw them away. Is there a chart that show o-ring sizes for the different drip tips?

I'm guessing I could go to Home Depot or Lowe's and find them in the plumbing section.

SilentScreams

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2013
Cottekill,NY
I wouldn't recommend going to a home store. Most o-rings on these things are food grade. You can't find that at Home Depot or Lowes.

There are a few vendors that sell o-rings for your drip tips. Off the top of my head I can't remember who. Whoever you use send them a customer care message asking if they do. I have so many drip tips that getting replacement o-rings hasn't come up for me. I just replace the tip.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
I've never tried actually buying a new O ring for a drip tip...I have a lot of them and will switch O rings around when needed. I think MAYBE madvapes carries them? Not sure. I know they have O rings for tanks and stuff.

Maybe Valley View? (banner in my sig). They have a lot of replacement O rings and gaskets and stuff like that, that are food grade.

bacc.vap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2011
Virtualville
Never had to replace one. What exactly would one do with drip tips that would wear out an O-ring?

They just wear down a little and may not keep the tip snuggly secure anymore, mainly, over time, and especially if not used/lubricated, they will dry rot, crack, harden, split, etc. They last quite a while though, I haven't needed to replace any on drip tips in almost two years. I have had tank o-rings rot though after long periods of non use.

lamarrk

ECF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 5, 2013
Huntsville, Alabama (Rocket City), USA

MrStik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
SoCal
If you know the exact size of the o-ring, you can probably get 10x that at McMaster Carr and it would probably cost under 10 bux. I paintball and I buy o-rings from them.

And the o-rings on the drip tips probably do not need to be "food" grade since these o-rings won't get to any temperature that will release anything "toxic".

And is the wear on your o-ring from friction rub? If so, lube it with a tiny bit of juice and it will slide in without wearing down your o-ring.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread