• I don't vape tobacco, but I don't hate it

• I find tobacco flavors repulsive

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zredsox

Jul 5, 2010
Maine
I've been vaping for 13 months. I have an entire storage area of non-tobacco flavors (some purchased, most samples) that are full, but for a few drops (literally 40-50 3ml bottles along with handfuls of 10, 15 and 30ml bottles from failed tasting endeavors.)

Inhaling pumpkin, or cheesecake just doesn't float my boat...

(I prefer to eat my food.)

In the end, I love rich tobacco flavors with a hint of whatever is my fancy at the time.

One thing that has changed, is I probably only smoked a few menthol analogs in my life - but enjoy mixing in a little menthol now as part of my daily vape, probably because of the added TH.

Last edited:

Michael Curry

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2011
Panama City, FL
In the end, I love rich tobacco flavors with a hint of whatever is my fancy at the time.

If we see the term "rich tobacco flavors" the same... And you have/like anything with Latakia and you're looking for something to add to it, a touch of chocolate and a hint of clove. An amazing combination, even if it does seem unlikely at first glance.

evilfrog

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
portland OR
I'm not all that surprised by it, for a couple reasons.

If the juice actually tastes like tobacco, then it's something that cigarette smokers are not familiar with. Cigarettes don't taste like tobacco, they taste like chemicals. I smoked them for 30 years. I also smoked pure tobacco in a pipe. There was no comparison. The cigs were for the addiction, a fast easy nico delivery system, the pipe was for enjoyment.

Another possibility is that psychological aspect. Just as many of us did, I started with a cig look alike. Didn't take long for me to decide I didn't like that. Why look like a smoker, when I'm not, right? Maybe for some the logic extends to flavors as well.

(BTW - Someone mentioned a tobacco with a nutty undertone. That would be would be Burley. If they're making juice by extraction, that's a logical choice too. Cheap and readily available, with a smooth and milder taste.)

Hmmm, I thought the exact opposite. When I started vaping, I wanted the closest simulation to smoking possible. I didn't care about the look of the device too much, but I wanted the flavor to be decently close and vapor to satisfy other senses. The flavor wasn't that close, but it was good enough to keep me happy at the beginning. I never thought I'd be vaping anything but tobacco flavors -- why would I want to?
My switch from tobacco flavors was not voluntary. My dislike of them is total and without explanation. I am fortunate that I like many other flavors and that the choices are so varied.

zengrrl

Nov 8, 2010
seattle
Okay, good question....I am sooo across the board. Started trying to mimic a menthol light flavor (my brand before trying to quit) for about six months, then got a sample pack of different flavors from some vendor which landed me firmly in the coffee and Cinnamon group. Then my attys started dying and nothing became satisfying and I only vaped in situations where I couldn't smoke, and now that I have something (a Leo) that actually gives me a hit, I am squarely back to cinnamon with an eye to RY4 but have no desire for menthol tobacco flavor whatsoever. So my guess is, once the nicotine replacement has happened, we just move to flavor preferences, which keep changing. I like tobacco flavor, without the combustible junk. But now that I'm getting nicotine hits, cinnamon is my current fave. This will probably change. Everything changes. No problem. Be happy.

• Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier

Aphex13

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 28, 2011
Wiesbaden, Germany
I've tried a few tobacco flavors. I like a few of the RY4's I've tried. USA Blend isn't bad. I received a bottle VT3 recently due to a mistake. I don't care for it too much. I don't hate it, but it's just meh. I'm not sure if RY4 really counts as a Tobacco flavor. It's always listed under tobacco though...

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
^because I don't particularly like candy and hate mint. I only eat three times a day and have no desire for food taste any other time... well, exept pop corn with a movie but can't imagine vaping that.
Tasty Vapor make a Caramel Popcorn flavor that floats an awful lot of boats.
And it is available in sample sizes.

Just saying...
:)

Tomthern

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
White River Junction, VT
I haven't been vaping long but I like the tobacco flavors. I did find a cherry tobacco but it's too strong. I add a tiny bit. I really like the flavor, it's like cherry lifesaver. It's weird I don't how strong it is but I really like it. When I use a little it is good. I just have a problem with the other flavors. Maybe it will change. All I know is that I haven't smoked in 6 weeks so it works.

ckquatt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
Milledgeville, GA
When I started vaping/quit smoking, I was all about tobacco flavors. But now 6 months later I'm more into fruity and dessert flavors.

Impossible! Think of the children! :confused:

I have stocked up at least 500 mls of tobacco eliquid from various vendors in that time (Halo, Goodejuice, etc). They're sitting in my juice drawer all safe and sound for the Vapeocolypse, and every now and then I still like to have a tank of Natural Perique from Goodejuice.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread