does anyone have a guide to build an atomizer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephan Real

Nov 18, 2009
I do not trim off excess silica fiber slack around the coil. I test the coil and refit all of the metal meshing around the cup. Just before I'm ready to inset all the parts back into the tube, I pull the coil all the way down into the cup and fold the extra fiber down around the sides of the cup.
Placing more silica in the atty will cuase it to have a much longer 'burn in' time as you quite simply have to heat cure more fiber. Once the atomizer is well worn in, it will hold more juice and vape longer before becoming completely dried out.
I sent you a pm with a link to some pictures, as I need 10 more posts before I can give any links.

JuanC

ECF Veteran
Jan 13, 2010
Somewhere in Mexico City
Make a video if you can and it will last longer and will rise less questions from people trying to make it, im also in Mexico where e-cigs are illegal and you have to make your own..... (government wants u to smoke tobacco till u drop dead)

Anyhow to post a link just remove the parts of the links that the forum detects, just put an abbreviation as google.com or h-t-t-p:/-/ww-w.google.com

Stephan Real

Nov 18, 2009
ok, lets try this, put this together and copy and paste it:

ht tp://tinypic .com/a/1jek3/2

I will put some captions to the pics tommorow, and for now I think the order on them is backwards. My camera is poor and can't focus well on close ups. As soon as I can get my hands on a nice video camera I shall force my brother to capture me rebuilding an atomizer so that everyone can see how silly easy and inexpensive the whole process really is.

Stephan Real

Nov 18, 2009
The hardest part of the entire process is refitting all of the metal mesh back on the cup and inserting correctly. The air flow through the center hole and air restriction on the outer part of the cup is crucial to good performance.
Many times I've had to shift around my refitted bridge with pliers after its all assembled back into the tube. If the bridge or any of the mesh ever makes contact with the coil then the atty will short. I've noticed that some atomizers I've bought actually have a tiny bit of silica wick placed underneath the bridge to prevent this.

The hardest part of the entire process is refitting all of the metal mesh back on the cup and inserting correctly. The air flow through the center hole and air restriction on the outer part of the cup is crucial to good performance.
Many times I've had to shift around my refitted bridge with pliers after its all assembled back into the tube. If the bridge or any of the mesh ever makes contact with the coil then the atty will short. I've noticed that some atomizers I've bought actually have a tiny bit of silica wick placed underneath the bridge to prevent this.

Thanks for your tips Stephan, its tips like these that save us time, money and frustration :)

thomas0407

Nov 12, 2009
Yes but why spend several hours building a atty when they are 6 bucks a pop, unless you are trying to build a super atty. I have a design of a horseshoe atty but its still under con, but if i get it right I am going to pat it! Ive been vaping all day for 3 months with 4 510 attys and only had 1 go down, its all how you treat them. I clean my atts every 3 -4 days in my home built ultrasonic cleaner with everclear.

Stephan Real

Nov 18, 2009
All hours of fun in my book. Why learn how to cultivate a garden and craft homemade salads with the fruits of your labor, when at the end of the day you could have saved time and money just purchasing a bag of greens from the store?
I have indeed spent many hours toying with e-cig mods and learning how to to build and repair atomizers. They were all hours of fun, and now if I choose to, I can turn a ruined atty into a brand new one in 10 minutes, using less than 50 cents worth of materials.
I'm not advocating anything here. By all means save yourself the time, effort, and possible exposure to dangerous chemicals. I'm merely stating what can be done.
Last time I checked this was the Atomizer Mods section of the e-cig forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread