Does anyone have issues with their local stores and a lack of customer service??

Status
Not open for further replies.

sd401k

Jan 11, 2014
San Antonio, Tx.
Down here in San Antonio we have quite a few shops. There are 3 that I will spend my money at but the others are not very helpful at all. Interestingly enough, the most helpful shop is mainly a head shop that just happens to have some vaping gear. The gentleman behind the counter spent well over an hour explaining all the ins and outs to me. Service like that I definitely appreciate. There are 2 other shops that seem to do a lot more business but the employees seem to be too busy bs'ing with one another to answer my questions. Last but not least, we have 2 rather high end shops that are outstanding. They will teach you how to use and take care of the equipment you have, even if you did not purchase it at their store. So to answer your question, yes, good customer service is hit or miss down here in Texas.

MrsPressley

Jan 24, 2014
United States
My local e cig shop is great !
They are so friendly and explain things so well - then watch you do all that they showed to make sure you understand. I tend to ask a lot of questions but they don't mind. They're very polite and if something is wrong with a product you purchased they switch it out no questions asked. I live in a small town, and everyone tends to be friendly. Customer service means a lot to our tight knit community so usually all of our stores are like that. Anyone working/owning a business should be respectful & patient in my opinion. Sorry you have to deal with rude jerks, maybe you should mention it to the manager or just tell the worker how you feel. Hope everything works out for you.

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
It took me about 6 B&M stores before I found one that I actually liked. Good service and good prices.

In my experience most B&M stores are owned by investors and run by kids who barely know as much about the stuff as most people here do. My biggest complaints are lack of consistency across multiple batches of liquid, not stocking good quality products and only having the cheapest Chinese knock-offs, and prices so high it makes your wallet scream in pain.

My favorite and least favorite shops are less than a half mile from each other.

My favorite shop is a little tiny hole in the wall place, but they carry excellent brands and a wide range of mods. Their liquid flavors are always consistent (Not my favorite, but exactly the same every time), and they will spend large amounts of times explaining their products and processes. Their prices are quite reasonable as well, with a 30ml of liquid costing just $12.

My least favorite shop is right off the highway, very large, and has a quite nicely decorated vape lounge in the front where people come to just hang out together and vape. Walking in it seems quite nice. But their selection of gear is all non-name brand cheap stuff that they're selling at a HUGE markup. We're talking basic eGo setups in the $60+ range and stuff like the iTaste SVD and MVP costing well over $100. Their liquids cost $18 for a 30ml bottle and in 3 visits I've received two obviously different PG/VG mixes and once they somehow forgot to add the flavoring on a custom mix. As far as customer service goes, they can't get you out of there fast enough.

Fisheeboy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2013
Colorado, USA
I HATE the one and only b&m in my little town! The old man and old woman that own and operate it are crooks. They sell their 15ml bottles of vape liquid labeled as 20ml. And charge $15 for it. I think they should get in trouble for this. They do not honor any returns and give you the run around every chance they get. They only sell three types of vaporizers two of which are junk cigalikes. The newest one they have is just a simple ego style battery that comes with a ce4 and a charger for $28.99 but they claim it's one of the best on the market today.they claim that everything they have that has to do with vaporizing is the best on the market. They get the stuff from voodoohukah which is only a retail or wholesale supplier so you can't get the brand from anywhere else except a b&m. This b$m has the monopoly in my lil town. I'm actually gonna look into starting my own vape store. and stay away from the whole headshop thing that this local b&m is into. I'm like the only e-cig user in this town. well not really but it sure feels like I am. I could go on and on about how much and why I hate my local b&m. But I'm feeling much more gooder now so this is where I'll leave it.

Glenn_K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2013
Toronto
I was at a vape shop yesterday where one of the sales guys showed me how to fix a wonky coil on one of my rebuildables, and then he demonstrated a build on his own rebuildable (and let me try it out).

Find a place like this, and avoid the bad ones, though 'bad' simply means 'insanely busy' sometimes. I was at a vape shop in another province recently (a more vape-friendly one), and there was a line-up from two sales counters, out the door, down the staircase, and out onto the sidewalk. A sales guy told me it was like this all day, every day. Not a lot of time for TLC in this place (though I had no complaint about the service).

-- Glenn

We have a lot of stores in our area. I know I ask a lot of questions and am still learning, but it seems no matter what store I go into the staff seem very rude and condescending. I try to be very polite and friendly, but it doesn't seem to matter. This has happened in three local stores. I am all about buying local and love supporting my community but this experience has sent me to the internet to get what I need product wise. I tend to live in a very friendly area and am shocked by this..

DigChrono

Oct 4, 2013
NC, USA
The B&M that I usually go to has quite nice people. I haven't had to ask for help very much, but the first time I went in I saw one of the workers helping a couple people new to ecigs fill their tanks, clear gunk by blowing through a tank into a towel (a trick I'd never heard of), and generally showing them the ropes. I guess it varies on where you go. I'm sorry to hear about a bad experience, it would be really offputting if you were you new.

inanitydefined

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2011
On a rock floating through space
my local store is a bit overpriced and the owners are new vapers. They didn't know about rebuildables, when I asked the said about a kanger t3s (which it turns out I really like with cotton and bored out air holes). I'll cut them some slack though, they're friendly and its nice just to have a brick and mortar. And their girl scout cookie liquid is made out of real girl scouts! definitely earned a spot on my top shelf, even if the do want $0.75/ml for it

Don Robertson

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 28, 2013
Rio Rancho, New Mexico
My bEST local shop is as good as any I can get on line. Price is of course higher and it is still a crap shoot on taste. Customer Service has improved since they opened; they are one of tree around.Tthe other two sell overpriced "OVERSTOCK.COM" stuff that is from knockoff city. Juice is over the top and the employees look like gang bangers who have shunts to inject their fix of the hour. They actually scare me as much as the online people who have big sales and then don't deliver or take forever.

Senile Old Man Don

Kapu

Verified Member
Jan 7, 2014
California Uber Alles
In the area I'm at there are tons of B&Ms. There must be at least a dozen within 5 miles. I did a little research on Yelp and found a couple that were rated well. I've been going to one of them and have been really impressed with their service. Especially when you consider that most.. well all of their staff are the age of my kid and I'm a totally noob that researches a lot before I spend my money.

When I was asking about moving up to a mod, the clerk offered to let me try his personal mech.. with a proper silicone cover for the drip tip.

Now there's nothing in that store that I can't get online for less. Because of the service I've received, I am ok spending more at this B&M. That and I don't have wait for vapemail ;)

Hazewitch

ECF Veteran
Jan 12, 2014
Miami,FL
I too had a similar issue, although not with a store but more with a known personality on youtube. But in any case, here in Miami FL we have a few(not many) stores. In my neighborhood there's one called Riptech which, prior to vaping, I thought, ......who would go for this crap...but...as fate is a real ....., I too joined the widespread collective consciousnesses of vaping. and decided to visit the store once I bought my very first Ego-T and Evod.

Now, talk about serious amazing friendly atmosphere....although Miami is really all about bad attitude and superficial personalities(I should know, Ive been here since 1979) I was surprised to find that the owner and assistant really went out of their way to assist me in all of my needs.

That is a really bold statement to make considering its Miami, but, as a new store expanding what would you expect?.

Indeed, even some online stores i have personally ordered from are also great in customer service. Vapor Alley is one of them, at least to me.

Now I am on the look out for a really good online Ejuice vendor. this one I found online. The juice is expensive but seems really good!!!!

Ejuice for 29.00!!...must have a serious kick in flavor!!...

http://fivepawns.com

Last edited:

cope

ECF Veteran
Feb 26, 2013
washington state
i have to watch it when i go into one local vape shop because i may offer some tips the staff has no clue on or might tell them to get equitpment THEY dont carry...lol but there it one b&m that is awesome there friendly and honest..i realize they have to make money but come on the mark up is really alot..sometimes as much a 5x but there is one place he makes a few bucks off me and i dont mind i will pay a convience fee insted of waiting a week to get stuff in the mail...

Gregorious

Verified Member
Feb 17, 2014
Minnesota
Since analogs went up last august, vape shops are like Mcdonald's in Minnesota. I've been in five or six and have found only one with an owner/operator that knows his stuff. He's guided me from egos to vv and I'm starting to research mechs. It's the best customer service experience I've had in years. One of the shops I went into looked at me sideways when I started asking about different ohm coils. I know web sellers are almost always cheaper, but try to find a good shop and buy at least some of your gear or juice there. Great customer service and an informed seller is worth paying for.

Last edited:

Candyheart

ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2014
Mesquite Texas
I go to a one in Mesquite Texas near my house. The drive isn't very far at all. It's run by a family of four. Really nice people who've been open for a few weeks. I think you just gotta find a shop that suits you. Hope this helped :blush:

I live in Mesquite also-what is the name of shop you go to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread