Does anyone here have a Bengal Cat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duckies

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Philly
I get my girl next week. She is retired at age 4 and a doll baby.

For those not familiar with the breed, they are a cross between a domestic cat and an asian leopard and are cats that are fascinated with water and think and act like they are dogs. No fur, they have a 'pelt' and many consider them hypo-allergetic. They are hilarious.

Some favorite samples:

YouTube - Bengal Cat Crazy Bionic Fetching

YouTube - Bathing Bengal

YouTube - Bengal kitten goes skitzo 2 (check the stance at 0:28 in this last one. lol!)

So shoutout to Bengal families in the house!

Nephthys

ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2009
Denver
He's a handful.

They have a ton of personality, are obnoxiously single minded, can win a shouting match with a Siamese, too smart for their own good, and put the Energizer Bunny to shame.

And I would have it no other way.

Max is a beautiful, sleek, huge kitty. He's the most affectionate, smart, and funny cat I have ever had.

Your baby girl will talk your ear off and love rough playtime. Get her lots of toys and entertaining things to do. Shower her with attention and love. If she DOES get to be too much, get her a kitty of her own. I had to get Max his own Kitty so that he would give me a break. He loves her and is outrageously protective of her.

Congratulations on getting such a wonderful pet! Please post or PM me with pictures.

Nephthys

ECF Veteran
Apr 30, 2009
Denver
Raises hand.... yep I gots one. Male, very sassy, and has to know everything that is going on. Likes to play fetch too.

Sassy. Yep. That's the perfect word.

My Bengal has a new habit. He screams to announce that he's used the litter box.

We have a running conversation about his bathroom habits.

Him: I POOPED!!! HEY EVERYBODY!!!! I POOPED!!!!!
Me: Awesome! Good for you! You are such a good boy and I'm sure the neighbors appreciate the update.
Him: YES! YES I AM! YES THEY DO!!!

And no, non-Bengal owners, he's not sick, he's a typical Bengal

Moonflame

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Smith Mt Lake area, Va, USA
We have 2 and they are so funny. They are almost 9 yrs old and still act like kittens, they are very playful. They also follow us around the house like dogs. Ours are half brothers and have been together since birth and when we first got them if they ended up in separate rooms one would call the other and he would come running. Our African Grey learned their calls and would mimic one, watch the other run into the room, look for his brother and be totally confused. The bird would then laugh at the confused cat. It was hysterical to watch. Post pics when you get your baby.

SudokuGal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2009
USA-Florida
Our African Grey learned their calls and would mimic one, watch the other run into the room, look for his brother and be totally confused. The bird would then laugh at the confused cat. It was hysterical to watch. Post pics when you get your baby.

Aren't African Greys a riot?!? I'd never been around any until a friend got one, named Bo (who, sadly, recently died). That bird was truly amazing...they truly do things within context. My friend's son came into her house and forgot about Bo would bite you if you close to his cage. Her son propped his arm up on the cage while waiting for my friend to come out of the bathroom. Bo bit him. He told his mom that what really got to him was the bird laughed after doing it:)

Shining Wit

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2008
North of England UK
www.flavourart.co.uk
We have Gandhi, a 6 year old who still has many of his natural instincts on the Leopard Cat side.
He loves being out at night, he loves water, he barks like a dog when excited.
He has a floor to ceiling pole and loves to run and jump onto it, hitting it
at 5-6 feet off the floor and sticking like velcro with his big paws and very strong claws.
He's also still very much a hunter and regularly deposits field mice at the back step.
His speciality is hunting birds and he can wait hidden for an hour or more until one flies
a little too low, then he leaps and catches it in mid air. He's a menace to some!

shining-wit-albums-evo-picture2137-gandhimar09c.jpg

shining-wit-albums-evo-picture2138-restingmyeyes.jpg

mamacat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 27, 2009
WS, NC, USA
I want a Bengal! I love my kitties - one Maine .... and one American Longhair.

My Maine .... is almost 16 years old and she is my Queen B. Maybe when she passes, which I expect to be several more years, as she has never had any health issues and no one dares get near her (cuz she is a lil "B" - claws like razors), I will get a Bengal.

My American is the one in my avatar and he weighs in at a hefty 16 pounds, but he is my love baby!! He follows me outside for walks and loves to bring me moles.

Thanks to everyone for posting pictures and stories about your babies! :)

Duckies

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Philly
Thanks for all the feedback ans stories! Cracked me up. :D

Cute videos. This is why people need to know the breed they choose, lol. Bengals are too active for me (I have a laid-back British Shorthair).
Very good point! I did a mountain of research before contacting breeders about retired cats. These guys are a handful! I don't think I could handle a kitten. 8-o

Raises hand.... yep I gots one. Male, very sassy, and has to know everything that is going on. Likes to play fetch too.
I will have to remember "sassy". Sums it right up, me thinks.

He's a handful.

They have a ton of personality, are obnoxiously single minded, can win a shouting match with a Siamese, too smart for their own good, and put the Energizer Bunny to shame.

And I would have it no other way.

Max is a beautiful, sleek, huge kitty. He's the most affectionate, smart, and funny cat I have ever had.

Your baby girl will talk your ear off and love rough playtime. Get her lots of toys and entertaining things to do. Shower her with attention and love. If she DOES get to be too much, get her a kitty of her own. I had to get Max his own Kitty so that he would give me a break. He loves her and is outrageously protective of her.

Congratulations on getting such a wonderful pet! Please post or PM me with pictures.
Max sounds like a trip! I am thinking about making one of these. Box + ping pong ball. Brilliant.

YouTube - Holey Bengal Box!

Sassy. Yep. That's the perfect word.

My Bengal has a new habit. He screams to announce that he's used the litter box.

We have a running conversation about his bathroom habits.

Him: I POOPED!!! HEY EVERYBODY!!!! I POOPED!!!!!
Me: Awesome! Good for you! You are such a good boy and I'm sure the neighbors appreciate the update.
Him: YES! YES I AM! YES THEY DO!!!

And no, non-Bengal owners, he's not sick, he's a typical Bengal

:lol: :lol:

True that on the talking being normal. Anyone curious, search youtube for 'talking bengal' and there are dozens of vids highlighting how vocal this breed is! It isn't constant so much as conversational.

We have 2 and they are so funny. They are almost 9 yrs old and still act like kittens, they are very playful. They also follow us around the house like dogs. Ours are half brothers and have been together since birth and when we first got them if they ended up in separate rooms one would call the other and he would come running. Our African Grey learned their calls and would mimic one, watch the other run into the room, look for his brother and be totally confused. The bird would then laugh at the confused cat. It was hysterical to watch. Post pics when you get your baby.
You all are killing me. That must have been hysterical!

We have Gandhi, a 6 year old who still has many of his natural instincts on the Leopard Cat side.
He loves being out at night, he loves water, he barks like a dog when excited.
He has a floor to ceiling pole and loves to run and jump onto it, hitting it
at 5-6 feet off the floor and sticking like velcro with his big paws and very strong claws.
He's also still very much a hunter and regularly deposits field mice at the back step.
His speciality is hunting birds and he can wait hidden for an hour or more until one flies
a little too low, then he leaps and catches it in mid air. He's a menace to some!
shining-wit-albums-evo-picture2138-restingmyeyes.jpg
Is this an F1/F2? I have heard that they can be VERY wild.

I want a Bengal! I love my kitties - one Maine .... and one American Longhair.

My Maine .... is almost 16 years old and she is my Queen B. Maybe when she passes, which I expect to be several more years, as she has never had any health issues and no one dares get near her (cuz she is a lil "B" - claws like razors), I will get a Bengal.

My American is the one in my avatar and he weighs in at a hefty 16 pounds, but he is my love baby!! He follows me outside for walks and loves to bring me moles.

Thanks to everyone for posting pictures and stories about your babies! :)
I had a male Maine .... years ago. He was a lovable old coot. Thanks for sharing your kitties with us! If you decide to go with a bengal, make sure that you have LOTS for them to do because if you don't supply entertainment, they will find their own. 8-o

Duckies

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2009
Philly
I have lived with cats all of my life. NEVER before have I fallen in love with one so quickly!

Two days after I brought her home, my mom came over with a friend of hers to see the princess. Princess was on the top of her cat tree, and I gave her a cookie. She dropped the cookie and chirped to express her displeasure. All 3 adults in the room lept to their feet and ran over to find the cookie while the princess patiently awaited either its return or a replacement. It didn't seem unusual at the time, but 2 days later, it hit me and I was like "waitaminit!!??"

Shes a handful. I wouldn't have it any other way. :D

Anyone else have pics??

Probot

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2009
Top of the food chain, N.J.
I love Bengals and now envy you to the fullest!!! I have a Manx with a stub tail. Shes awesome! I loved the videos and noticed alot of similarities in their personalities. My little Pubah loves playing fetch to the extent that its almost annoying, If she hears a noise and you whisper "Whats that?" she growls like a dog and when shes frisky running around she hops like a bunny.

SudokuGal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2009
USA-Florida
Finally got a good picture!

Beautiful baby! I know there are a lot of people who don't like cats...when someone says that to me I tell them, "You've never been around a GOOD kitty." I also think to myself, "OK, what's wrong with this person????" If they like dogs, I might not hold their cat dislike against them. If they don't like dogs either, there's no hope that I'll click with that person.

There are many metaphysical folks who believe that cat lovers are more highly evolved than others:thumbs: I tend to agree!!!

SudokuGal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2009
USA-Florida
aww how sweet i don't have one but i have a ragdoll (was up for adoption at spca cause the only marking he had was a black "ash" mark on his forehead) and an american longhair. ragdoll is a love and would love to get one with all markings as i think they are beautiful..may have to look into bengals now...beautiful

I've always said that life isn't long enough to have the different breeds that I'd love to have. To date, I haven't had any that I didn't like. I've had mixed breeds, a Siamese (the old apple-face type), a Burmese (ornery little things), several Birmans, a Maine ...., and my current little love, a British Shorthair. I can come home from a cat show thinking I must have THAT cat and THAT cat and THAT cat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread