Does It Ever Stop Being Your Whole Life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JudeD

ECF Veteran
May 2, 2012
PA
A little exaggeration, but not much. I only started vaping a couple of weeks ago, but I'm already concerned with how much of my life it seems to be taking over. Granted, smoking took over a lot of my life because I was always worried about where and when I would be able to have my next one and making sure I didn't run out of smokes, but I thought vaping would mean more freedom. I find, by my own fault, of course, that I'm spending hours every day reading about vaping, ordering new stuff, trying new juices, filling carts, organizing my supplies, making my own juice, etc.

I'm just wondering if, for those of you who don't consider this a hobby to tinker with, you got to a place, once you found your all-day vape and a sufficient PV and got organized, where you fill up what you need to fill up once a day and then just vape occasionally throughout the day instead of spending a large chunk of your day devoted to all things vaping? I realize you still have to set aside time to re-order stuff and DIY if you do that, but other than that.

I know it's hard to read intention through the internet, so I want to be very clear that I'm not being judgmental or critical of anyone's choices. Everyone, and I mean everyone, on here has been fantastic and I feel very fortunate to have found this haven. I'm just trying to get a feel for the different ways veterans integrate vaping into their daily lives.

Thanks in advance for the info. :)

jj2

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Hundred Acre Wood
Well at some point vaping will take a backseat.
And yes I do still spend a lot of time here, but it's more in the non vaping topics now.

As in my daily life: I can go places and not take my PV and it doesn't bother me. Sometimes I have it and don't even use it.
Basically the only time that I do vape is when I'm sitting at the computer.

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
For me it is something I do when I relax, if I am working I don't vape unless I take a break. I actually don't vape while on the computer either, so it got more in line with vaping to take a break or to relax. I can go to town without my PV now, used to be I couldn't, but it does get more manageable with time. I am 8 mos now smoke free and vaping. My first month my PV was velcroed to my lip :) LOL bnrk

Ckitt

Aug 28, 2010
Cleveland, Tn
It took me a decent 501, a ken's box mod, and an ego before I ponied up the cash for a Provari. Done. Found my PV. As far as all day vapes go, Been a Johnson creek addict for two years, I buy 3 30 ML, and a 5 pack Megacartomizers and two HV atomizers every three months. ((for those that want a total cost $84.61 OR $28.20 USD a month)) So yeah it takes a backseat and then rears its ugly head for the new tech, but you'll find that you just have to pace yourself. I do Vape all day though, and have been relatively lucky with cartomizers and atomizers lasting that long. In the beginning, nothing lasted more then a week..spilling juice, overfilling, juice in the mouth, on the fingers.....oy...thank god those days are over.

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
I think you will find that you go through phases of it. I started out all gung ho on it. I found the things that worked for me and were easy to do etc. Then I decided I wanted a more sturdy PV and needed to do some research and got back on ECF and in the process learned about some of the newer stuff.

I've noticed that vaping is almost like the cell phone world. It changes lightening fast. Leave ECF for about 3 months and you'll see what I mean. You'll come back to all sorts of new options and products.

So to answer your question, one you find a reliable system, it will be much like smoking was. Just something that consumes a few minutes a day. But you can, if you want, make it a hobby.

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
For me it got less all consuming. Life changes can be this way. When i first started losing weight, it was practically my life. I'd go around all day thinking about calories and exercise. Now, it's just second nature. Vaping has been the same way. At first I was obsessed with this battery and that cartomizer. Now it's calmed down and I'm slowly working on reducing my nicotine, but not too worried about it.

I still find myself want to go around preaching the gospel of harm reduction though.

bigpman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Vaping has become my life....LOL... I think of vaping while I sleep, when I wake up, all day at work, on my way home, at home....only time I haven't thought about it is while having sex;) I am going on about 6 weeks now and I have not slowed down on my reasearch and forum posts one bit. I am kind of getting scared and feel that I might need VA (vaping anonymous) pretty soon:vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor:

XDoctor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2009
Casper, WY
Yeah, it gets better. Nowadays, I just make sure my bottle is full every morning, pop in a fresh battery, put a spare in my pocket and head out the door. I don't have to worry about it.

I'm pretty active in the vaping community, so that takes up a good portion of my time, but the actual act of vaping doesn't really seem like its taking up my day.

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
Vaping has become my life....LOL... I think of vaping while I sleep, when I wake up, all day at work, on my way home, at home....only time I haven't thought about it is while having sex;) I am going on about 6 weeks now and I have not slowed down on my reasearch and forum posts one bit. I am kind of getting scared and feel that I might need VA (vaping anonymous) pretty soon:vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor:

maybe you could rig up a lanyard on the back of yer wife's thigh and with careful positioning vape while having sex? just an idea

the_vape_nerd

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2011
New Orleans, LA
I am still in the 'honeymoon' phase... 5 tabs on my browser right now: facebook, ecf, youtube (vape reviews), twitter (mostly vape), juice vendor

I'm watching so many reviews my ears have permanent red marks from the earbuds.

hahhahahahhaha ...

trio1980

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2012
United States
P.S. Having ECF on my phone is probably the worst. It allows me to be on ECF while waiting for the light to change and even while sitting on the john....lol... I was in a meeting last week and was on ECF while the CEO was speaking... I really need help!

^^^^THIS^^^^. Tapatalk is gonna get me fired. I don't post here much but I am always lurking around, reading reviews keeping up with new info... Etc. etc. I've been at it almost a year now and I still haven't slowed down a bit.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
Vaping doesn't have to take up that much of your life.

I spend about 15 minutes per day filling the cartos needed for the next 24 hours and cleaning the APV. I usually do that in the evening while watching the news on TV. Like many others I just grab the E-Power 14650 and put it in my pocket along with an extra charged battery and filled carto. That's all I need for the next eight hours or more. I spend a little more time vaping than I used to spend smoking but that amount of time seems to get shorter and shorter as my vaping technique develops.

juicejunky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
gone
Once you find the equipment and ejuice you like it'll take less time to keep up to date on the technology of vaping. I have been happily using the same PVs (REOs) for over a year now and the same atomizers (HH.357s) for 6 months. My ejuice supplies are down to only 5-6 flavors that I restock.

I still read ECF to follow what is new and have sadly now reached the point I can't help new members because my experience with cigarette style, fat batteries, and tanks is so out of date. Very few new inventions have me hitting the buy button now. My system works for me with minimal prep time and is almost as easy as buying a pack of smokes and a lighter.

One of my heroes on this site was a guy from NYC that used a basic ego kit for an entire year--imagine the money he saves at $12 a pack.

The ECF forum is great support system especially if you don't know other vapers. Even lurking makes you feel part of a group and inspires one to keep on vaping. The newness and excitement in the beginning is overwhelming, but remind yourself you only need to find what works well for you. The latest and greatest often isn't in a month or so--pace yourself.

Last edited:

Cowboy Cru

Moved On
Mar 24, 2012
I will admit that this is very overwhelming at first, vaping in general. I think most people start small at a gas station or something and then low and behold they run onto another joe that steers them to here or other stuff on the internet and away you go. You are all hyped up cause you finally found something that made you quit smoking! And guess what? There's other people doing this! What?!?! There's how many mods, how many flavors!?!?! Believe me, I am just going on 4 months and I still find something I never heard of everyday. But I have already slowed down a bit and am more knowledgeable now about it. So, you will find when a new mod or carto or whatever comes out, you will be able to glance at it and see the one difference in it and automatically know rather it is for you or not. At leats that is what I have noticed. I think if some people look back on when they started smoking they would realize that there was prolly a trial period there finding the right brand and so on. It's just vaping is more saturated with ooptions. Which you will learn to appreciate after the overload goes away. I have found that I have settled in for now on my flavors and mods and vendors, and therefor that has cut my time now a ton! I also do not chew people's ears off as much anymore unless something new comes out. I think it is like anything else, a new singer comes out that you are crazy about. After a while you move on. You still like them and get excited about their new releases, and always have them on rotation in the car. But they do not consume every ipod, cd player, and computer 24/7 as they had. I think I realized a while back that instead of spending hours doing something like video games, or funny youtube videos, I just come here instead. Just replaced one non-detrimental hobby with another. But, I would much rather be here where I stay excited about something that is making me a healthier person!

-CC-my avatar is Uranus

Boognish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2012
Chocolate Town
I think I have gone through phases also during these first 3 months of vaping. With a ciggy, you would just need a pack and a lighter. There are so many flavors and variables available with vaping that it's easy to be consumed by it. I think some people feel since it's not smoking it's ok to vape all the time and everywhere. I know it's fun to stealth vape in a store or other places where smoking isn't allowed, but is it really necessary? I was a 1-1.5 pad red smoker for 25 years and I would have nic-fits like anyone else, especially on long flights but it wasn't the end of the world. I went a little crazy spending like most do here in the beginning. I finally found what I like now, although I enjoy having other options as backups also. I am literally stocked up for the next 2 years. This is fine by me because I do end up selling a lot of stuff to friends and family who I have converted:). Try to develop a system for filling and organizing your gear. Try to keep everything put away besides what you are using. Once you organize, you won't feel so overwhelmed. Then every once and a while, break everything out in a big pile on your floor and do vape-angels in the middle of it and be happy you are no longer a smoker!!:p

donnah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2010
Albemarle, North Carolina
It's all definitely gotten easier over the last few months. Especially now that I have the devices that I love, the juices that I can easily diy and especially especially now that I've mastered tanks! Now it's basically putting in batts to charge daily, taking a few seconds to refill tanks, changing out cartos once every couple weeks or so.. placing an order when needed (not near as often any more) and a few minutes every once in a while mixing juice. I browse ecf to keep current on the latest PVs and carto developments daily. I'm no longer on the search for the perfect PV, the perfect carto and the perfect juice.. I've found all of that :D when I first started.. the perfect vape, every time, wasn't something most of us could expect. But now it's something I experience daily.

Right now I'm packing to go tent camping for the weekend. I'm charging batts right now. I'm taking the provair, the vv madvapes box and the vv reo woodvil. I've got fresh batts in all the PVs and have fully charged spares in batt holders. I've filled my two tanks and the bottle in the Reo. I've got a couple extra cartos just in case. I'm not taking a batt charger, I shoudn't need one. Used to.. packing for something like this would have been like taking a baby somewhere. But now it's just a matter of a few minutes of putting things in order.

I still do lust after a couple PVs.... I'd love to get a mini provari and I'm still not sure I'll be able to resist the vv Reo Grands when they go on sale next month. I don't need them so they fall into the "want" catagory..I don't have much free money to spend on "wants" so .. we'll see :unsure:

Vaping is still a big time hobby for me. I vape way more than I smoked but I no longer am anxious about when I'll get to "smoke" again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread