Does nic content affect flavour ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Del Boy

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2011
South coast of England UK
Hi there, i was thinking of reducing my nicotine levels as part of a "grand scheme" in a months time.

Thinking ahead i was wondering if the dropping the nic content will affect the flavour of the liquid i'm using. And if it does will it be much ?

I'm going to drop down from 24mg to 18 mg. I understand that difference may well be minimal but what about when you get down to say...6mg ?

Thanks...and sorry if this has been covered already.

rrayda

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2010
the icy northlands
I have personally dropped from 18mg to 6mg over the past few months. You'll not notice a difference in flavor with most juice suppliers (even at zero nic) as they simply add a percentage of flavoring to a base containing nic and PG/VG. You will notice a difference in TH and general satisfaction from the vape, however. I keep some higher-nic juice on-hand for those emergency times.

One glaring exception to this statement are the tobacco flavors from Alien Visions (makers of the incomparable Boba's Bounty). AVE uses a flavoring that contains nic, so the tobacco flavors are simply not available in nic-free juice. The flavor of these juices changes a bit as you step the nic down as well, but it's not terribly noticeable.

That's my experience, at least.

achtungbaby

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2011
St. Petersburg, Florida
IMO, with a high quality nicotine, no. I've ordered 6mg to 36mg from KBV and there is no difference in taste. They only use one supplier for nic.

Obviously I've never had the pure nic in my hands but have been told that it can be clear as water, orderless and tastless if the proper quality. I can say that I firmly believe this to be true from the taste of the many variety of jooses I have from KBV.

Last edited:

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
If anything, I think most juices taste Better with lower nicotine levels.

I have bought many flavors from Tasty Vapor. They offer a 0mg "Doubler" which is just flavored PG/VG you used to reduce their juice's nicotine without reduceing the flavor.

I vape these "Doublers" a lot at night. They tend to taste very clean and do not have that hint of bitterness that nicotine can add.

base234

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2011
Over the edge...
Yes! Nic content does affect flavor. For me, anything above 18 mg is as already stated "bitter" or "peppery" for sure. I do need the hard nic hit sometimes so I just deal with it. Most of the time I really like the flavor of most juices at 10 mg or less. Good luck and let us know what you think when you make the switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread