Does store bought ejuice need steeping?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BreeZyCloudZ

Sep 23, 2015
NC
Hey, im just wondering if store bought ejuice needs steeping? I know online orders need to be steeped but what about store bought? I mean some of the same juice tastes different sometimes. I mean they sit on a shelf for awhile, does that affect it? Will steeping it make it worse? And also i vape 3mg, the lowest you can buy and it still hurts the back of my throat, will steeping help that?

PD Vapes

Sep 29, 2015
UK North-West
If it's made right it doesn't...

Of course it does. It needs time for the flavour molecules to break down and mix with everything else.

Though to answer the OPs question.

How long is a piece of string?

Maybe it was a fresh shipment, maybe they've had it for a while... maybe they did have it for a week, but it had been sitting in the light. Maybe it had been sitting in a dark box for a week before being put on the shelf.

Who knows. Most e-juice manufacturers will state whether the juices are pre-steeped and most retailers will just sell the stock and buy in new, to whatever the demand of the product is.

So the answer really is, it could be steeped, it could not.

Personally any juice I buy, I'll try a few toots, give it some air, close it up and leave it in the dark for a 3-4days.

Reactions: TheLordWinter

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
Of course it does. It needs time for the flavour molecules to break down and mix with everything else.

Though to answer the OPs question.

How long is a piece of string?

Maybe it was a fresh shipment, maybe they've had it for a while... maybe they did have it for a week, but it had been sitting in the light. Maybe it had been sitting in a dark box for a week before being put on the shelf.

Who knows. Most e-juice manufacturers will state whether the juices are pre-steeped and most retailers will just sell the stock and buy in new, to whatever the demand of the product is.

So the answer really is, it could be steeped, it could not.

Personally any juice I buy, I'll try a few toots, give it some air, close it up and leave it in the dark for a 3-4days.

I don't have to do that with the e-liquids I buy. They are ready to vape when I get them...

PD Vapes

Sep 29, 2015
UK North-West
I don't have to do that with the e-liquids I buy. They are ready to vape when I get them...

Exactly so they're pre-steeped. The majority of manufacturers don't pre-steep and if they do it is usually advertised or offered as a separate service.
Mixing up juice, not knowing what the supply/demand will be and leaving it to steep, for some manufacturers is a risk. As they don't want stock sitting around. Especially a lot of the bigger companies.
It'd be hard to gauge how much to steep or not. An if they ran out, they'd be in a pickle, because then they'd have to sell non-steeped juice and it becomes farcical

Last edited:

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)
Hey, im just wondering if store bought ejuice needs steeping? I know online orders need to be steeped but what about store bought? I mean some of the same juice tastes different sometimes. I mean they sit on a shelf for awhile, does that affect it? Will steeping it make it worse? And also i vape 3mg, the lowest you can buy and it still hurts the back of my throat, will steeping help that?
C'mon ppl! too many factors to answer "across the board". does the store make it up on site? do they label the date of birth (DOB)? are they corporate manufacturers imported already to open and vape? If its being made custom order for you are you heavy on the VG? are you asking for extra flavor hits?...To steep or not to steep....that is the question as old as Shakespeare...LOL!
I both order online, custom, boutique, and buy B&M. I both open up and enjoy right away and I steep others.
Its all a matter of my personal liking. It will be for you too.
importantly to get away from analogues and just into vape the nic level will be fine right off the shelf.
All the best, and please keep sharing - the variations we see here for those that do things exactly as we would do, and those completely the other end of the pole are all helpful to others.

BreeZyCloudZ

Sep 23, 2015
NC
In what way, as in everything tastes abit bland?

If that's the case, it could be your setup.
Well, ive had some i like, but ive tried juices that people say is amazing and generally known to be good and theyve been ok. But i have a fuhattan, derringer and doge x2 rda, and dome every build and wicking out there, and like i said, ive have good ones, just not ones where im like WOW. Know what i mean?

PD Vapes

Sep 29, 2015
UK North-West
Well, ive had some i like, but ive tried juices that people say is amazing and generally known to be good and theyve been ok. But i have a fuhattan, derringer and doge x2 rda, and dome every build and wicking out there, and like i said, ive have good ones, just not ones where im like WOW. Know what i mean?

Yeah I know what you mean.

I've tried a lot of the big name juices that have come out and everyone is like, woh, this is amazing. An then for me it just tastes ok, but not exactly lives upto the hype.
It's more personal taste than anything else. I have loads of bottles just sitting around which i've vaped a tank of and thought nah.

Trial and error really man, some will be good, some will be bad and then along the way you might be lucky to find one which makes your mind explode.

Reactions: DagMatt

GrandSam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
Oceanside, CA, USA
Best way to find out is to ask the shop. Ask, "How long have you had this particular bottle sitting on the shelf?" If they "just got it" then you should give it a week or two. If they say that it has been there for some time, it is probably steeped. Be warned, some shops may lie and tell you that it's fresh.

BreeZyCloudZ

Sep 23, 2015
NC
Yeah I know what you mean.

I've tried a lot of the big name juices that have come out and everyone is like, woh, this is amazing. An then for me it just tastes ok, but not exactly lives upto the hype.
It's more personal taste than anything else. I have loads of bottles just sitting around which i've vaped a tank of and thought nah.

Trial and error really man, some will be good, some will be bad and then along the way you might be lucky to find one which makes your mind explode.
Yea thats about how i am, i didnt know if it was just me or what, i guess ill keep searching

BreeZyCloudZ

Sep 23, 2015
NC
Best way to find out is to ask the shop. Ask, "How long have you had this particular bottle sitting on the shelf?" If they "just got it" then you should give it a week or two. If they say that it has been there for some time, it is probably steeped. Be warned, some shops may lie and tell you that it's fresh.
Alright, ill start looking for a born date, maybe ill try a 0 nic and see if thats what it is

Reactions: GrandSam

Ipster

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2012
Hawaii, SAR,HongKong (Stanley)
Its just Ive been vaping a couple months and still havent found a flavor or juice im "satisfied" with.
Do you like a strong flavor taste? If so, I recommend buying online from a manufacturer that lets you "up" the flavor hits.
I dont recommend mixing or fixing different manufacturers lines. The best success would come from all the same brand, nic. level, PG/VG...then if you wanted to spice up a chocolate with a dash of cinnamon for example...or creme de menthe added to a citrus...you might need to find your own fav vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread