Does vapor = nicotine hit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
and i have to say, vg based juice produces tons of vapor.. that being said, pg is very quickly diffused and "thinner" than the vg. i have mixed myself some juices that were 26 mg but virtualy no vapor,, but a huge throat kick. (makes every one of my smoker friends cough :laugh:) totaly worth checking out the diferent bases and consistancies, some like pg based have high viscosity, and the pg is less syrupy.. hard to explain but the vapor is just a reaction, it can be modified.. just like the nicotine content

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
Nope, not necessarily.

From what's I've read, if you have 2 juices at 18mg, and one is PG-based and the other VG-based, the VG-based one will make more vapor, even though they have the same nicotine content.

You can also have no-nic juice that makes lots of vapor.

Vapor production seems to depend more on the type of juice and functional hardware than on nicotine content.

No stupid questions. :) We all start out not knowing anything, and the only way we can learn is by asking questions.

Shaka

ECF Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Honolulu, HI
If by "nicotine hit" you mean throat hit (th), then there is no correlation at all.

I use all vg by choice because I like a very soft th but tons of vapor (hard th feels exactly like inhaling a cheap cigar to me). I vape only 25mg nic and get a very soft th but massive amounts of vapor, and to me exhaling that vapor is what gives me the most satisfaction. I'm willing to accept the milder flavor of vg for the vapor and soft th.

My first juice was 18mg but had me coughing all the time. Tried a friend's 12mg and still way to harsh for me. Finally went w/ my 25mg all vg (and no it doesn't gunk up my atties) and now I'm a very happy camper.

btw, 45 years smoking and I never had throat hit with my MB reds, so I don't know what's the deal with th.

inkedcanadian

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2010
Toronto
So it's more likely the amount of PG in the liquid that would contribute to the TH?

Trying to determine what will lower/raise the throat hit...

So far the only juice i've tried with nic has been just 7mg all PG. There is definitely a throat hit I feel, yet I don't feel like the mg is high enough.

I assumed the harshness of the throat hit would be dependant on the nic level, but maybe i'm wrong?

So based on that I was thinking of going to a higher nic level, but have it mixed with at least SOME VG ? That should give me the nic I want but not overdo the throat hit?

I prefer a very light throat hit as well so that's why i'm asking for some clarification.

Automaton

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
US
So it's more likely the amount of PG in the liquid that would contribute to the TH?

Trying to determine what will lower/raise the throat hit...

So far the only juice i've tried with nic has been just 7mg all PG. There is definitely a throat hit I feel, yet I don't feel like the mg is high enough.

I assumed the harshness of the throat hit would be dependant on the nic level, but maybe i'm wrong?

So based on that I was thinking of going to a higher nic level, but have it mixed with at least SOME VG ? That should give me the nic I want but not overdo the throat hit?

I prefer a very light throat hit as well so that's why i'm asking for some clarification.

Yes, people seem to get more throat hit with PG juice, and higher nicotine levels. If you were a regular smoker, 7mg is pretty low. Most people here are vaping 16-24mg.

With a higher nic level, I would think you'd still get a decent throat hit even with some VG in the mix. If not, I've read of people adding a tiny bit of pepper flavor to their mix to get more throat hit? Not sure if that's correct, maybe someone with more experience can confirm that for me.

inkedcanadian

ECF Veteran
Jun 19, 2010
Toronto
Ok gotcha.

Yea I hadn't read much on what the levels would be like so I just went with the lowest to see what it was like.

I've got some 18mg's and a couple 24mg's on order so i'll be able to try those. Just don't want the throat hit to get TOO intense (never really had strong ones as I am used to light analogs). So it seems that if that's what i'm looking for, a VG mix would be good at a high nic level.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread