hittman

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jul 13, 2009
    Somewhere between here and there
    I don't know for sure but I think that there may have been a bad batch of 901's going around lately. I lost four or five in a week and a half and up until then had not lost one in a couple months. That was a month or so ago. They all died within a couple hours or less. I got a couple covered under warranty but the rest had been sitting around too long.

olderthandirt

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 28, 2009
    Willamette Valley, PNW
    I mean it must. I killed two today in a 5 hour span on a standard 3.7v eGo. I have attys that have lasted 5 months running PG in them and they still work.

It's the waffle juice I tell ya.

OP title "Does VG kill attys?"

No.
    Liquid too thick, yes.

Last edited:

kklogan

Sep 15, 2009
    Washington DC
    I don't know for sure but I think that there may have been a bad batch of 901's going around lately. I lost four or five in a week and a half and up until then had not lost one in a couple months. That was a month or so ago. They all died within a couple hours or less. I got a couple covered under warranty but the rest had been sitting around too long.

I have had 1 atty that did not work when it was new, but I had it in a box with parts that I had gotten from all different suppliers so I don't really know where I got it from. I've always used 901s and other than that the only time I've had a problem is when I've let somebody else hit one and they probably puffed back into the atty out of inexperience.

cmdryker

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Jan 24, 2010
    St. Louis, Mo
    www.crystalclearvaping.com
    You know the top of the atty. i call it the arch, guess cause i'm from St.louis, there is a ring of material around the base of the arch, I had a cloud9 atty that like quit after a week, i pulled of the cart took a bent paper clip an gently pushed the ring material at the base down into the atty. OMG put cart back on, still tring to cut throught the fog it produced,,,lol 8-o

TaketheRedPill

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Southern California
    It's the only thing I can think of. I never had an atty give up so quickly with PG.

I noticed I was blowing attys out more when using VG. They seem to clog really easily. Not sure if that's why they burnt out so fast.

straight, plain VG is pretty thick so wicks poorly unless it's thinned with water 85%-15% or 90%-10%.

I'm running mostly VG 180 days now on M401 original attnys - working 5 a week, different flavors, never cleaned, just propped upside down. (i have off-the-shelf factory pre-mixed PG nicotine eliquid and cut it 75% with VG). Can't speak for other models of attnys but they all seem to be really short-lived compared to the M401's. (M401's are what's called 'exposed' - no metal shell around them, the plastic mouthpiece fits over them instead so I think they run cooler, cool off quicker). Some Non-factory flavorings (Loranns, etc) are notorious for clogging/gunking up attnys.

TTRP

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread