Doge v2/v4 clone noob build

Status
Not open for further replies.

St0rmBear

Jun 19, 2017
Hey i just bought my first RDA a doge v2/v4 clone. I want to start off with pre built coils but im not sure what kind to get (ie. Fused clapton, clapton, alien etc...) im currently using the kangertech topbox with a .5ohm ssocc coil. Im going to put it on my kangertech until i get my istick pico 75w in the mail. Also i was wondering the differences in cotton and what kind i should get. I was looking at cotton bacon and cotton candy but getting something with alot more product for a cheaper price would be more ideal. Thanks

whiteowl84

Unresolved Status
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2016
Don't buy pre-made clapton or alien, 99% of it is a poor imitation of the real thing using massive 32g fuse wire.
While I don't like their wire quality for building, Lightning Vape's has spools of clapton that isn't bad but it's really not much better than just using round wire.
I'd suggest getting some 26g and 24g n80 and just make simple coils till you figure out how to wrap coils cleanly, fire and wick. You also need to find a sweet spot as far as your power and coil size goes. If you start with clapton you'll end up throwing alot of it away and pre-made clapton costs a fortune compared to what it costs to make it.
As for cotton I really only ever liked native wicks platinum. Then I started using Rayon and never looked back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread