Don't be like me...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZebadeeDoodah

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2011
Tucson, AZ USA
I don't know about the new ones, but the Vision Deux were glued. You can work the tube off by rocking, just like with a CE2, but it takes some effort and you have to watch out for the silicone O ring, making sure you don't tear it. If you do tear it, you can find a replacement O ring in the faucet supply area of your local hardware store or home-improvement warehouse. I don't know what size to recommend, off hand, but Home Depot has a ton of different sizes and I'm sure you can find one that will work. Again, my experience is with the Deux, so I can't guarantee it applies. The fitting looks very similar, though.

Rule62

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2011
Melbourne, Florida
Which Visions are these? Also, is there an O-ring on the connector end? If you flipped it around and used it that way does it still leak? I don't have mine yet (Extremes) so I can't really give you any input.

There is an o ring where the tube connects to the base, but the steel base is knurled below the o ring. The Fluxos are machined smooth.

AndAllThingsWillEnd

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2011
Long Beach, CA
Yeah, it's the new vision extremes. I just wanted to wash it to change flavors, but when I took the tube off, the o ring was glued to the tube. You can still see the excess glue where the o ring used to be on the tube. Once you take it apart, the tube is just too loose to fit on the base and the o ring does nothing to stop the leaking. Thankfully it was only a 1.5ml vision so I'm not out too much...

ZebadeeDoodah

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2011
Tucson, AZ USA
If you can get the glue off the tube, you can probably save it, though it might not be worth the trouble. A replacement O ring would seal the juice from leaking even if the tube isn't tight on the base. I modded a Vision Deux with a syringe that is bigger than the base so that it doesn't press against the base at all except at the very bottom. The O ring seals it perfectly, though. The glue would probably mess with the seal unless you can get it off.

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
A fool on the hill in Deposit, NY
Well, I finally gunked up my 1.5 Visions (after five refills, two of them with really nasty juice), so I am going to try cleaning it. My plan is to soak in Vodka, rinse well in water, dry burn with tube on (risky, I know, but we'll see what happens, it's wider than the Fluxes, so who knows), and then brush off and rinse again. Tube remains in place throughout. I'll let you know how it goes.

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
A fool on the hill in Deposit, NY
Dry burning with the tube on should go okay. I've done it with CE2s. Mostly I take them apart because I can clean them more thoroughly, but the tube doesn't get that hot on even an 8-second dry burn (not necessarily recommended) if you wait between burns.

That's good to know. I've been told that the tube might melt. :)

Olef

ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2011
UK
I got some of these on their way across the Atlantic at this moment and I am going to be seriously annoyed if they are glued and not able to be disassembled, together with some fluxo conversion kits which don't fit properly (which I found out after I ordered). I also had to order 2.4-2.6 fluxo's as my normal 2.6-2.8's were out of stock so I'm not sure about them either.

I hope this GotVapes delivery is not going to be a disappointment :(

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
ive been replacing tubes on the new vision dialy
not sure why you would have any issues, dont pull off the tube, wiggle them off so you dont break the silicone ring.

and olef while you wont have a issue these are disposable and your all seeming to forget that the fluxs and sapphires and visions are disposable product, your getting annoyed at a disposable product, i understand that we like to clean them and make them last longer, also understand they are dispoable products, dont get annoyed at us over that.

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
we sell replaceable tubes for a reason, i redid tube on 30 of them just to do them 5 days ago, not one issue, be careful and dont break the silicone ring, wiggle them off and your good to go.

oh i know olef, i do it too, i stretch what i got but im sure youll be fine, the visions andflux's deluxe last a long time and can be cleaned and tubes can be changed.

if someone has a issue we can all help them out but we all already know tubes can be changed, not everyone can do things easy like we can. but we can help eachother along the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread