Double flavor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightShadow

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2009
Tacoma, Washington
Double flavor is exactly what it sounds like, 2x the amount of flavoring added. The target Nic level would be reached by simply lowering the ammount of pg/vg used to cut it with.

While you may (or may not) want to simply order every flavor initially as a double strength it is nice to have the option. Taste varies from person to person, but more importantly in this case from flavor to flavor. Some mild flavors (vanilla comes to mind as a great example) you might safely try for the first time in a double, while bold flavors (hm like Clove or Coffee) you may opt to try at normal strength first as they could be too strong at double strength.

If you DIY at all you can always add in some flavoring to any pre made juice you buy to bump it up a notch if you find it is weak.

Diyflavorshack.com offers double flavors in premade juices and now carries diy tobacco flavorings as well. Tastyvapor.us sells a product they call a doubler which is basicly a strongly flavored large bottle of zero nic juice you can use either straight, or add to existing juices to cut the nic down, bump the flavor up or combinations of the two.

Last edited:

VapingRulz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2009
Florida
I seen some vendors that offer "double flavor" e-liquid and I was wondering if anyone has tried it.
I'm looking for a lot of flavor and vapor, and high nic levels aren't as important to me so I would sacrifice that if needed.

I order double flavor whenever I can. MyFreedomSmokes and DIY Flavorshack both offer the option. I like strong flavors, so they're perfect for me.

NightShadow

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2009
Tacoma, Washington
I have both here, and while I had tasted VG before I had not tasted PG till just now.

By placing a drop on my tongue:
PG to me has a brief warm feeling, a brief but mild chemical taste, and little to no aftertaste.
VG to me has a brief warm feeling (warmer than PG), a fairly strong sweet taste that lasts a bit, and a semi sweet aftertaste.

I have not read a report where PG produces more vapor than VG, I suppose it is possible some feel this way however.

Having vaped both straight, I am 100 percent sure that to me VG produces noticibly more and thicker vapor. PG on the other hand gives me more of a throat hit. They do have slightly different tastes when vaped but neither is really describable or very strong however, but can be vaped for a bland experience withought flavor or nic.

As they are both dirt cheap, I suggest if you are looking into trying to DIY, just buy some of both, try each on its own for yourself, and perhaps a mix of the two as well to see what you prefer.

If you are not trying to DIY, then order 2 sample sizes of premade liquid, one with a PG base, another with a VG base (possibly one that has both) then try them and see which you like better.

Last edited:

NightShadow

ECF Veteran
Sep 30, 2009
Tacoma, Washington
does double flavor decrease vapor or clog the atty?

This is hard to give a simple answer to as it depends on several things.

First the atty clogging issue as it is easier:

1. What the flavor in question is made of, and what it is soluble in (water = good, oil = bad. (for atty clogging potential as well as potential health reasons)

2. Is the flavor in question visibly dark or light in color? A general rule of thumb is darker fluids may have things in them that might leave an atty clogging residue, where lighter colors typically have less to worry about.

On to the vapor concerns:

How much of a dosage a "single" flavor would be compared to a double and what you are using to mix it with, the ratios involved etc.

Some possibly technically incorrect examples to illustrate the point above:

If my single flavor dose = 20% , then my double flavor dose = 40%. And I will use PG for the remainder. I have only 60% Pg here, so yes I will loose vapor in this example, and may have a flavor that would knock down an elephant. :D

If my single flavor dose is 5% and my double flavor is 10%, And I again use PG for the rest, the loss of vapor is much smaller than in the example above as I have 90% PG left.

I loved the elephant killing 40% flavor, but also want more vapor so I attempt to give the first recipe more vapor:

I mix 40% flavor with 30% PG and 30% VG (using VG to give it more vapor) then I try it and see how it vapes.

If I am satisfied, I stop fiddling.

If I am not I can go back and try 40% flavor and 60% VG.

If that still does not work, I would need to look for a stronger flavor to begin with! i.e. more concentrated strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread