Not open for further replies.

Frenkyou

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
  • Apr 26, 2019
    italy
    www.svapo.it
    Dovpo-Limpid-Pod-Kit-1.jpg

Hi, today let's take a look at Dovpo Limpid Pod Kit. I will examine each of the characteristics that distinguish this item in this Test. I hope that by the end of this reading you may have understood this product, and therefore decide whether to invest in it or not. As always, my opinions are free and based on my personal experience.
    • Enjoy the reading.

► Dovpo Limpid Pod; Before starting let's see together some special features indicated by the manufacturer:

• 1. Built-in 800mAh battery
    • 2. Maximum output 15W
    • 3. Cartridge capacity 2ml
    • 4. MTL vaping
    • 5. LED lighting
    • 6. Six protections
    • 7. PC + silicone material
    • 8. Visible interior design
    • 9. Top filling
    • 10. 1.0Ω Mesh Coil
    • 11. Hole for fixed airflow

Dovpo-Limpid-Pod-Kit-2.jpg

► Dovpo Limpid Pod; Packaging:
    The black / green packaging on the front has a transparent window that allows you to see this kit clearly, also there are; the name of the manufacturer (Dovpo) the name of the device (Limpid Pod) and 4 icons that contain the 4 main characteristics of Limpid Pod. On the back there are the scratch & Check, the color indication of this sample (Purple Transparent), logos and legal marks. Also you can read; the content, notices and address of Shenzhen Dovpo Technology. LTD.
    Above the remaining sides appears the name "Limpid Pod" and 3 icons, two of which represent 2 famous social media and the other represents the world of Dovpo.

Dovpo-Limpid-Pod-Kit-3.jpg

Dovpo-Limpid-Pod-Kit-4.jpg

► Dovpo Limpid Pod; Packing List:
    1 * Limpid device
    1 * Disposable Limpid 1.0Ω Cartridge
    1 * USB Type-C Cable
    1 * Lanyard
    1 * Manual

Dovpo-Limpid-Pod-Kit-5.jpg

► Dovpo Limpid Pod; Specifications:
    • Size: 24.9 * 14.7 * 100.2mm
    • Power: 15W
    • Battery: Integrated 800mAh
    • Charging: USB Type C 5V / 0.5A
    • Capacity: 2ml
    • Cartridge: Disposable / MTL

► Dovpo Limpid Pod; Available colours:
    • Red Transparent
    • Black Transparent
    • Blue Transparent
    • Purple Transparent

Dovpo-Limpid-Pod-Kit-6.jpg

► Dovpo Limpid Pod; First Impressions:
    I really like Dovpo's devices because they usually release detailed vaporization systems such as the Blotto RDA series which is always evolving or the aggressive and performing MVP or RIVA electronic mods. This time I was sent an entry level Pod type kit with disposable cartridges, a max power of 15W, a rechargeable 800mAh internal battery and an e-liquid capacity of 2ml. What you immediately notice in the first Pod Mod device that Dovpo built is the transparency of the Limpid body which highlights the internal chip, but you will also notice extreme lightness and compact size. So far nothing new, it seems like a pretty cheap proposition, in fact on the Dovpo website, this pod kit is priced at an inviting $ 12.99. I will therefore try to find out if the performance will match the numerous competition.

Dovpo-Limpid-Pod-Kit-7.jpg

► Dovpo Limpid Pod; How it is made:
    I received the Purple coloring for this review. The body is made of impact-resistant and wear-resistant polycarbonate, and thanks to the transparent design you can see the internal chip and the 4 indication LEDs which are very striking, the name Dovpo appears under the LED with a non-invasive white writing. . There is a slight texture on the back but the entire surface is smooth, almost velvety and pleasant to the touch. For the transport of Limpid you can also choose to use the lanyard supplied in the kit which has one end with a rubber ring, the lanyard is cute and is in the same color tone as Limpid, but personally I am not going to use it.

Dovpo-Limpid-Pod-Kit-8.jpg

Dovpo-Limpid-Pod-Kit-9.jpg

The 4 LEDs light up every time the pod is inserted or removed. When you recharge the Limpid, the lights will flash red when the charge level is below 30% and then white when the level is above 30%, then the lights will turn off when after about 50 minutes the battery is fully charged. During normal use the lights turn red when the battery level reaches less than 30%. In addition, the lights flash white 3 times when the cartridge is not detected or is defective. The security package includes 6 functions and one of them has a rather interesting feature to make sure that children cannot use the device, to insert the lock you have to proceed in this way; remove and install the cartridge 5 times in less than 12 seconds and the lights will flash red 5 times confirming the lock / child. To remove the block, repeat the previous operation.

Dovpo-Limpid-Pod-Kit-10.jpg

Dovpo Limpid Pod Kit 11.JPG

► Dovpo Limpid Pod; Airflow;
    On the side profile of Limpid there are two opposing holes, the size of these holes is rather small and this undoubtedly indicates the MTL vocation of Limpid.

Dovpo Limpid Pod Kit 12.jpg

► Dovpo Limpid Pod; Cartridges:
    The cartridges are disposable and this means that when the internal coil is exhausted you will have to replace the pod, the transparency of the pod offers a good view of the internal liquid level. The cartridges do not use any magnet for the connection to the Mod. The interlocking system is tenacious and you do not run the risk of losing pieces on the road.

Dovpo Limpid Pod Kit 13.jpg

The "clamshell" opening system allows you to easily fill without removing the cartridge from the Mod, so once the spout is removed you can remove the silicone cap and insert up to 2ml of e-liquid.

Dovpo Limpid Pod Kit 14.jpg

Dovpo was kind enough to send me two packs of replacement cartridges, one box contains two 0.8Ω cartridges and the other contains two 1.0Ω cartridges which are the same as the one supplied. In addition you can also buy the 1.2Ω cartridge, in practice there are 3 different cartridges for an MTL choice that appears quite complete.

Dovpo Limpid Pod Kit 15.jpg

► Dovpo Limpid Pod; Vaping test & final conclusions:
    Limpid Pod is an all in all attractive and uncomplicated device, it performs very well and is therefore very suitable for new users. With this type of integrated coils I always use 50/50 creamy liquids, the nicotine concentration on all my vaporizers I keep it deliberately low because I don't want unwanted tachycardias. What has completely satisfied me with Limpid is the filling system, but not only. I must say that the 800mAh battery recharges quickly and the LED is excellently visible, precise and punctual in sending notifications. I think the declared power of 15W can only be obtained with the 0.8Ω cartridge that was sent to me separately, while with the 1.0Ω cartridge (which is present in the kit) the power should be about 1-2W lower. With both cartridges (0.8 / 1.0Ω) the airflow although not adjustable, appears very well balanced for MTL but it is not particularly restricted, however you can always close a hole by plugging it with your fingers, in this way you increase the hit in throat and the puff remains fluid without spitting. Under normal conditions of use (with the two free air passage holes), the vapor is abundant and the taste is good with both cartridges, in particular I liked the optional 0.8Ω cartridge because it offers more hit and a slightly hotter steam. I must say that the 1.0Ω cartridge is also good, and will surely meet the tastes of the majority of vapers.

I would like to thank Dovpo for providing me with the kit. I hope this review was useful for anyone looking to purchase the Limpid Pod .

Thanks for reading.

Dovpo Limpid Pod Kit 16.jpg

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread