Status
Not open for further replies.

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
Have any Abyss users noticed the battery charge going down while the unit isn't being used or is it just my unit acting weird?
That happened to @charlie1465 with one of his. Pretty sure Dovpo (or the retailer) sent him a replacement.
I think @DeloresRose had a similar problem with hers.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France
@KonaNeil

Yes that happened to me and @DeloresRose and I contacted the vendor and they got Dovpo to send me a new one. It came from sourcemore. Weird problem and tbh I haven't tested it again to see if it was caused by liquid/condensation build up in the 510 as mine had been sitting for a long time before it started happening. It had the Ether bridge in it.

Hope that helps.

• Informative
Reactions: BillW50

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Weird problem and tbh I haven't tested it again to see if it was caused by liquid/condensation build up in the 510 as mine had been sitting for a long time before it started happening. It had the Ether bridge in it.

vaping Biker said in his super long live review that Dovpo told him that area is all well sealed off from the inside. And he stated he had a major leak and nothing got inside. Once I had before it was altogether, I pushed down on the top of the PnP bridge and the Wotofo SMRT PnP coil popped out of the bottom and dumped the well overflowing with juice. And everything was fine after cleaning it up. So IDK.

trejo

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2021
Czech Republic
Pioneer Insider in the Abyss ;)

P1070405.jpg

P1070409.jpg

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I may have some sort of problem with one of the originals. I've ignored it mainly since I've been using the DNA60 Stormtroopers for weeks. I just checked it and it is dead as a doornail. Battery reads 0v. The bottom of the battery is swelled and probably the top too.

Tossed in a 20700 cell that I really don't care much for and it seems to be operating normally again. I don't know if the cell was at fault, the internal charger slightly overcharges, or what. The battery was a IMREN 21700 25A. I'm not really a big fan of those batteries anyway. I probably bought 8 of them and this is the first one that died.

• Informative
Reactions: Pigs

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
I may have some sort of problem with one of the originals. I've ignored it mainly since I've been using the DNA60 Stormtroopers for weeks. I just checked it and it is dead as a doornail. Battery reads 0v. The bottom of the battery is swelled and probably the top too.

Tossed in a 20700 cell that I really don't care much for and it seems to be operating normally again. I don't know if the cell was at fault, the internal charger slightly overcharges, or what. The battery was a IMREN 21700 25A. I'm not really a big fan of those batteries anyway. I probably bought 8 of them and this is the first one that died.
Others have had a problem with batteries draining on a sleeping Abyss. OG board.
I think @DeloresRose and @charlie1465 both had similar issues.

charlie1465

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2014
Roquebrune sur Argens, Var, France

Something on the board is pulling current while the mod is sleeping or even off. I tested my faulty one both ways and it still drained the battery right down. Luckily I got mine replaced but I don't leave a battery in any of mine now....

You're lucky you didn't have a battery meltdown if it was swelling like that. Try contacting the seller....worth a try!!

Reactions: BillW50
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread