Status
Not open for further replies.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Anyone using a side-by-side tank with theirs?

I've got a 25.78mm bubble tank to fit without scratching (see photo). But a 25.91mm will scratch everything up, if it will screw in at all.

Abyss Triton Ni200 .15Ω (sm).jpg

FoolishMortal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2013
Down Yonder
I've got a 25.78mm bubble tank to fit without scratching (see photo). But a 25.91mm will scratch everything up, if it will screw in at all.

View attachment 946759

Thank you.

My issue is that in the descriptions of most tanks online it's hard to tell where they're measuring, when they say diameter= . They rarely say base diameter, and when they do, it's on a bubble glass tank where the base diameter won't matter since it's recessed compared to the glass.

No overall diameter to be found, and that's the most important number in this case.

All that really means is that I have to look harder. :D

@weissesfleisch223 Mind blown, I have to, have to, have rayon in my tanks, mesh and rdta is what gives me pause towards cotton, but I try cotton again and ....ing hate it, no flow, no taste but with all the new mesh rtas I've been only 50/50 getting a really good wick with mesh, was gonna post... I cant figure why we'd want cotton for a tank, maybe with mtl, slower wicking it'd be much easier to get cotton in leak free? Edit Didn't intend to sound nasty, been having struggles wicking lately, really curious!

All good! I've lost the mojo wicking tanks with rayon - Have been using a damn vape intense mtl rda w/ rayon since my building went underground lol I'm def an mtl person though, find it more satisfying lol

Have a road trip coming up, so will have to try the bridge w/ rayon, but juice levels are low so dont want to waste anything lol

• Winner
Reactions: BillW50

KonaNeil

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
Big Island, Hawaii
It's been a month.

My Abyss from Sourcemore after several days finally left Chicago, took a side excursion to Pittsburgh before touching down in San Francisco. Left there quickly. However, for a week since then I get a text and an email from USPS everyday telling me that it's late but will eventually reach me.

Wouldn't it be nice to just be able to walk into an effing store and buy something you want?

"Tracking History
June 29, 2021
In Transit, Arriving Late,"

• Agree

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Anyone using a side-by-side tank with theirs? I'm trying to see what fits. 25mm base measurement. Unfortunately, many tanks have bubble glass, which will go over that 25mm and not fit.

So, I'm looking for a tank that will fit, before I shell out a bunch of clams for a tank that says "25mm" but is fatter elsewhere... or too short.

Anyway, does anyone have experience with a tank that will fit?

Mine are all bigger than 25mm.

I don't yet have an Abyss. But when I saw this pic of a Juggerknot MR RTA in it, it made me want one even more. The RTA is a 25mm atty

JKMRinAbyss.jpeg

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia
    "...when I saw this pic of a Juggerknot MR RTA in it, it made me want one even more. The RTA is a 25mm atty"

The aesthetics are pretty cool but what's the point if you can buy an Abyss with an internal rebuildable? Is the performance likely to be better?
    It'll be different. I guess better is subjective.
    It's great to have that flexibilty.

FoolishMortal

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 19, 2013
    Down Yonder
    "...when I saw this pic of a Juggerknot MR RTA in it, it made me want one even more. The RTA is a 25mm atty"

The aesthetics are pretty cool but what's the point if you can buy an Abyss with an internal rebuildable? Is the performance likely to be better?

I can only speak for myself, but when the tank dumped on me overnight, the first day I had it, the engineer side of me said "User error or design flaw?", and started tinkering.

The creative side of me wondered "What would it look like if...", and since the SbS kit was available, I figured I'd tinker with it too.

It's just humans being humans, tinkering, fixing, improving, creating.

The design of the mod in some cases leaves a gap at the top of the tank. Some with this "issue" have said to push the tank UP, and the gap will be gone, replaced by a less-noticeable gap at the bottom of the the tank. Depending on the tolerances of the tank and the o-ring at the bottom, pushing it up breaks the seal at the bottom and leaks occur. Basically, the weakness in many designs where you need high tolerances but you want high production, is that something will often be off by a fraction of a millimeter somewhere in some runs, and if it is and affects a seal, well...

In this case, trying multiple tanks, I noticed that the glass size is the variable which affected me, off by a fraction of a millimeter on that one tank, which caused the tank to be slightly short, and when pushing up to eliminate the gap at the top, the seal no longer was effective. That, combined with the seal on the PnP coil being slightly out of place as well, due to the same cause, well... bloop!

I'm okay with the gap at the top anyway. it's like 0.6mm, enough to cause issues on the bottom if I push, but not enough to tweak my OCD. My other tanks don't exhibit the issue, so...

KonaNeil

ECF Veteran
    Jul 29, 2009
    Big Island, Hawaii
    Sure wish I had mine! Ordered the Abyss and all the accessories. Shipped at the end of May from Sourcemore. The only way they said they could get it to Hawaii where I live was to ship it at a higher price via Singapore Post. What they didn't tell me was that Singapore Post interfaces with USPS at the cheapest price so that it ends up getting floated from San Francisco to Hawaii on a ship. ..

USPS tells me that I may get it in another month or longer!

Pigs

Vaping
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 7, 2019
    Sydney Australia

KonaNeil

ECF Veteran
    Jul 29, 2009
    Big Island, Hawaii
    Sure wish I had mine! Ordered the Abyss and all the accessories. Shipped at the end of May from Sourcemore. The only way they said they could get it to Hawaii where I live was to ship it at a higher price via Singapore Post. What they didn't tell me was that Singapore Post interfaces with USPS at the cheapest price so that it ends up getting floated from San Francisco to Hawaii on a ship. ..

USPS tells me that I may get it in another month or longer!

Mine finally came! 10 days short of 2 months The final leg of its journey was from San Francisco to Hawaii via ship!

If you live in Hawaii or Alaska and Sourcemore tells you that paying extra for Singapore Post Is the only way to get the merchandise to you you may want to think about getting another vendor.

On the plus side for Sourcemore, they did offer to refund my money if it didn't arrive this week.

Have to say; it's certainly impressive looking and definitely the heaviest mod I've ever bought

BillW50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2014
    US
    I too have tons of Ccell, Atlantis, Triton, and EUC (with sleeve) coils. They all fit the same things. On a Boro tank, you need one of those A-Tanks which comes with an Atlantis bridge. So do you have any of those A-Tanks (they are hard to find nowadays)? Because you may need that Atlantis bridge to make something work.

I'm thinking if you use that Atlantis bridge with the Abyss PnP bridge (you only need the base from the PnP bridge), it just might fit. As the A-Tank and the base for the PnP bridge, the bottom hole is larger to fit the larger coils. I don't know if it will work or not, but it is on my Todo list.

The only other thing I can think of is running the Abyss in SbS mode with a tank that will work with those coils.

KonaNeil

ECF Veteran
    Jul 29, 2009
    Big Island, Hawaii
    I too have tons of Ccell, Atlantis, Triton, and EUC (with sleeve) coils. They all fit the same things. On a Boro tank, you need one of those A-Tanks which comes with an Atlantis bridge. So do you have any of those A-Tanks (they are hard to find nowadays)? Because you may need that Atlantis bridge to make something work.

I'm thinking if you use that Atlantis bridge with the Abyss PnP bridge (you only need the base from the PnP bridge), it just might fit. As the A-Tank and the base for the PnP bridge, the bottom hole is larger to fit the larger coils. I don't know if it will work or not, but it is on my Todo list.

The only other thing I can think of is running the Abyss in SbS mode with a tank that will work with those coils.

Thanks for your input! When I Google "Atlantis bridge" I get pictures of what appears to be a plastic box. If it's a dealer ad it usually says that it does not include any metal parts. I'm assuming the metal parts are what I actually need. Right?

I got out of vaping for around 7 years. Thus, I missed the whole Boro Box fad.

BillW50

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 23, 2014
    US
    I wouldn't buy anything yet. As I haven't tried putting everything together and it might turn out to be a big bust without some machining. I was curious if you already had one of those Atlantis bridges. Here is what they look like with the A-Tank.

Atlantis Bridge & A-Tank 01.jpg

Since it seems you don't have one, just hang on until I find out what works and what doesn't.

Reactions: ShamrockPat
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread