Status
Not open for further replies.

DeloresRose

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 25, 2014
toledo ohio
Others have had a problem with batteries draining on a sleeping Abyss. OG board.
I think @DeloresRose and @charlie1465 both had similar issues.

I had battery drain. I tried it with a few different batteries, one was older (2 years but still working well) and 3-4 new ones (maybe 2 months old, only used a few times). Those batteries functioned just fine in other mods.

I contacted them but have not gotten a replacement nor any promise of one.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
I quit using my Dovpo Abyss AIOs and replaced them with Abyss Stormtrooper AIOs and those are doing just fine. I guess I never noticed how heavy and how tough Delrin is. Delrin weighs about the same as SS. At least the Abyss weighs about the same between the SS and Delrin bodies. And I tried to scratch one and they are tough.

• Informative
Reactions: Pigs

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Besides Suicide Mods (£149.99 UK) and Vaperz Cloud ($174.99 US), there was another one in the UK. Otherwise I don't recall any other sites. VC is currently out by the way. I dunno if they are getting more.

The Stormtrooper uses a DNA60 board instead of a Dovpo board. The Stormtrooper also includes an improved SbS kit. Which covers the top flush unlike those old SbS battery caps. And while the gap above the tank didn't bother me much, that has been greatly reduced. The airflow control moves much easier. S/N is on the bottom instead of in the battery compartment. And of course, the main body is made out of Delrin instead of SS.

The Stormtrooper is a limited edition. So there is a chance once they are sold out everywhere, that might be it. The DNA60 was the big seller for me. The rest was an added bonus.

UPDATE: MyVPro had them too, but sold out.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Pigs

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Well it was close KonaNeil. As it was engineered by a collaboration between Suicide Mods (UK) and Vaperz Cloud (US). While Dovpo was just the manufacture. Dovpo also stated that the Abyss AIO was the most difficult mod to manufacture. Plus each Stormtrooper was machined from a single block of Delrin. If they were manufactured in the US or UK, you're probably looking at $500+ each. So $175 is still quite a bargain when you think of it. ;)

Ericsgreen

ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2021
Thanks for this bill, I looked when suicide had them in stock, I've really gone in on DNA60 and boros so it's looking pretty good, but, the weight of the standard abyss was little hard to carry daily, does anyone have the weight of the stormtrooper? I really wanna get this bought but something is holding me up

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 21, 2015
Arkansas Ozarks
I'll admit I read the first page. Then I read the last page. Did not read the pages between (on my phone that means I skipped 2 through 11). I apologize if this has been asked and answered...

I'm using the PnP bridge and the Wotofo SMRT coils. IMHO, this is a great pairing... perhaps the finest AIO experience I've had.

However, the *#<=*@%# tank/coil leaks into the mod.

Has anyone found a solution?

Reactions: Izan

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US
Yes Shawn Hoefer, after filling the tank, the wicking will oversaturate. All top fill tanks experience the same problem. So after filling, tip it upside down for 30 seconds or so. It may drip, so have a paper towel or something ready at the drip tip. This reduces pressure in the tank and helps create a vacuum when you flip it upright.

This works well until the tank gets low enough for the air level to meet the juice ports. Thus vacuum is now lost and the wicking will oversaturate once again.

BillW50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 23, 2014
US

Stubby AIO Show 'n' Tell VB x Suicide Mods x Orca Vape | Full breakdown, build & Wick​

Sadly, it isn't a DNA AIO, but still very impressive nonetheless. They use a solderless board. As the mounting screws make the connections. Something that I am puzzled why they weren't doing since day one. And it sports an 8.5ml boro. WOW! Board has a three year warranty.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread