DOVPO VEE VV MOD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
Hi ECF members, In this review i take a look at the VEE VV device from Dovpo. The Dovpo VEE was supplied for the purpose of this review by Evan from Heaven Gifts.

https://www.heavengifts.com/product/DOVPO-VEE-MOD.html

In the Box

Contents:

1x VEE Box mod
1x User Manual

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The VEE is average size and weight and has a very retro look to it, it reminds me of a mini cassette player, the ones people would use to make verbal notes to listen back to at a later time to write something up in full. I received the black version which is entirely black but you can also get it in black with colour accents, the other colour choices are, green, purple, red, silver and Rainbow. The front and back has raised areas that give the device aesthetic depth, you will need to see the pics trying to explain these areas in text form is beyond my limited talent. What i will say apart from the screen and up/down buttons which are housed on one of these raised areas, and the manual on/off switch the front and back are identical. Both the front and back of the device has a generous vertical venting grill with mesh behind it. The spine of the device has a rubber textured finish for grip and the other side has a rectangular fire button with "VEE" written on it at the top. The base of the device is the battery door and has branding and safety stamps, moving to the top there is a 510 plate with spring loaded 510 sitting to one side of the device. The device feels nice in the hand and the rubber texturing really does help with grip.

Specs:

Size: 87.0 x 47.5 x 29.5mm
Material: Zinc Alloy
Battery: 2 x 18650 Battery (NOT included)
Resistance Range: 0.05ohm - 3.5ohm
Working Voltage: 6.4V - 8.4V
Output Voltage Range: 1.0V - 8.0V
Working Mode: Voltage Mode
Thread: Spring-loaded 510 thread
Colour: Green, Purple, Black, Silver, Red, Rainbow

Features:

New Collaboration between 1vp.me and Dovpo
Simpler and Safer VV Box MOD
Compact Structure without any Whistles
Adjustable Voltage Range from 1.0V to 8.0V
Clearly Digital Display to show output voltage and atomizer's resistance
LED Battery Level Indicator
Multiple Protections for Safe Vape

Using the Dovpo VEE

The Dovpo VEE is a collaboration between 1vp.me and dovpo. It house's 2 x 18650 batteries in series and is a no bells and whistles regulated voltage device. The Dovpo VEE is so simple to use but you have to give it a lot of respect as it's raw voltage and a very powerful device. Dovpo are known for potentiometers and the VEE works exactly the same but you set the voltage using up and down buttons with a digital readout rather than a dial. The device has no menu and has a manual on/off button (which is the only way to switch the device on and off), just switch the device on, set your voltage and vape. The device will fire down to 0.05 ohms and has a voltage output of between 1v-8v. Despite having no other features it does have safety features which are, battery reversal protection, short circuit protection, open circuit protection, overtime protection, low voltage protection and over temperature protection. The device also has a ohm reader and when you fire it displays the ohm of your coil for the first second before going back to the voltage reading. The VEE also has a battery indication light above the display which comes on when firing and stays on for a further second after the fire button is released. The indication light is green when over 60%, amber over 20% and red when the batteries go below 20%.

Performance

I am still using the VEE while i'm writing this with my Zeus, 0.44 resistance at 4.0v (about 35w it seems), and it's rocking. It fires instantly, hits hard and gives a very smooth consistent vape. I like potentiometers but sometimes when using the dial trying to get the perfect vape, fine tuning is not that easy but with the VEE being digital no such problems. There are 2 ways of going about getting the correct voltage, the first is using an ohms law app, inputting the resistance of your build and wattage you want and it will tell you the voltage you need. Personally i treat the VEE just like a dial version, starting low and increasing the voltage until the vape is spot on. 26mm tanks sit flush with the spine of the device, 28mm tanks sit flush with the front and back of the device but gives a 1mm overhang to the spine. I have also noticed battery life is better than normal so the VEE must be very efficient.

Conclusion

Not for starters despite being as simple as it gets, as you need to understand ohms law and understand the power this device is capable of. If you like potentiometers or have thought of trying one you really can't go wrong with this device.

Pros

High Performance
Powerful
Simple to use
Fires instantly
Hits hard
Smooth and consistent
Safety features
Battery Indication
VV device with battery indication
VV device with ohms reader
Manual on/off switch
Good battery life

Cons

No cons apart from the obvious this is only a VV device and not for starters.

I would once again like to thank Evan from Heaven Gifts for supplying the Dovpo VEE VV MOD for the purpose of this review.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Letitia

Winblows

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2017
Copenhagen (UTC+1)
Hi ECF members, In this review i take a look at the VEE VV Device from Dovpo. The Dovpo VEE was supplied for the purpose of this review by Evan from Heaven Gifts.

In the Box

Contents:

1x VEE Box MOD
1x User Manual

Aesthetics and Ergonomics

The VEE is average size and weight and has a very retro look to it, it reminds me of a mini cassette player, the ones people would use to make verbal notes to listen back to at a later time to write something up in full. I received the black version which is entirely black but you can also get it in black with colour accents, the other colour choices are, green, purple, red, silver and Rainbow. The front and back has raised areas that give the device aesthetic depth, you will need to see the pics trying to explain these areas in text form is beyond my limited talent. What i will say apart from the screen and up/down buttons which are housed on one of these raised areas, and the manual on/off switch the front and back are identical. Both the front and back of the device has a generous vertical venting grill with mesh behind it. The spine of the device has a rubber textured finish for grip and the other side has a rectangular fire button with "VEE" written on it at the top. The base of the device is the battery door and has branding and safety stamps, moving to the top there is a 510 plate with spring loaded 510 sitting to one side of the device. The device feels nice in the hand and the rubber texturing really does help with grip.

Specs:

Size: 87.0 x 47.5 x 29.5mm
Material: Zinc Alloy
Battery: 2 x 18650 Battery (NOT included)
Resistance Range: 0.05ohm - 3.5ohm
Working Voltage: 6.4V - 8.4V
Output Voltage Range: 1.0V - 8.0V
Working Mode: Voltage Mode
Thread: Spring-loaded 510 thread
Colour: Green, Purple, Black, Silver, Red, Rainbow

Features:

New Collaboration between 1vp.me and Dovpo
Simpler and Safer VV Box MOD
Compact Structure without any Whistles
Adjustable Voltage Range from 1.0V to 8.0V
Clearly Digital Display to show output voltage and atomizer's resistance
LED Battery Level Indicator
Multiple Protections for Safe Vape

Using the Dovpo VEE

The Dovpo VEE is a collaboration between 1vp.me and dovpo. It house's 2 x 18650 batteries in series and is a no bells and whistles regulated voltage device. The Dovpo VEE is so simple to use but you have to give it a lot of respect as it's raw voltage and a very powerful device. Dovpo are known for potentiometers and the VEE works exactly the same but you set the voltage using up and down buttons with a digital readout rather than a dial. The device has no menu and has a manual on/off button (which is the only way to switch the device on and off), just switch the device on, set your voltage and vape. The device will fire down to 0.05 ohms and has a voltage output of between 1v-8v. Despite having no other features it does have safety features which are, battery reversal protection, short circuit protection, open circuit protection, overtime protection, low voltage protection and over temperature protection. The device also has a ohm reader and when you fire it displays the ohm of your coil for the first second before going back to the voltage reading. The VEE also has a battery indication light above the display which comes on when firing and stays on for a further second after the fire button is released. The indication light is green when over 60%, amber over 20% and red when the batteries go below 20%.

Performance

I am still using the VEE while i'm writing this with my Zeus, 0.44 resistance at 4.0v (about 35w it seems), and it's rocking. It fires instantly, hits hard and gives a very smooth consistent vape. I like potentiometers but sometimes when using the dial trying to get the perfect vape, fine tuning is not that easy but with the VEE being digital no such problems. There are 2 ways of going about getting the correct voltage, the first is using an ohms law app, inputting the resistance of your build and wattage you want and it will tell you the voltage you need. Personally i treat the VEE just like a dial version, starting low and increasing the voltage until the vape is spot on. 26mm tanks sit flush with the spine of the device, 28mm tanks sit flush with the front and back of the device but gives a 1mm overhang to the spine. I have also noticed battery life is better than normal so the VEE must be very efficient.

Conclusion

Not for starters despite being as simple as it gets, as you need to understand ohms law and understand the power this device is capable of. If you like potentiometers or have thought of trying one you really can't go wrong with this device.

Pros

High Performance
Powerful
Simple to use
Fires instantly
Hits hard
Smooth and consistent
Safety features
Battery Indication
VV device with battery indication
VV device with ohms reader
Manual on/off switch
Good battery life

Cons

No cons apart from the obvious this is only a VV device and not for starters.

I would once again like to thank Evan from Heaven Gifts for supplying the Dovpo VEE VV MOD for the purpose of this review.

You forgot the most important thing about 2+ battery mods, the 4'th dimension, the weight...

Tim Wiseman

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2017
Bolton, England
You forgot the most important thing about 2+ battery mods, the 4'th dimension, the weight...
If it's listed in the specs i put it there if the weight isn't in the listed specs i don't get scales out but i always say how big or heavy a mod is in comparison to the average and the VEE is bang on average size and weight compared to other duel battery mods.

• Agree

Winblows

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2017
Copenhagen (UTC+1)
T
If it's listed in the specs i put it there if the weight isn't in the listed specs i don't get scales out but i always say how big or heavy a mod is in comparison to the average and the VEE is bang on average size and weight compared to other duel battery mods.
Many mod manufacturers don't mention this very important issue.
For me, there have to be a VERY good reason to get a mod over 100g

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
Finally got me one from eightvape. The silver version was $32 and change so that's what I went with. It is every bit as awesome, impressive and simple as I thought it would be. Rocking a Wotofo Bravo tank with a .21 ohm set of fused Claptons. I would buy another in a heartbeat. That goes for the Bravo too.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
b0ec51be2c4c61eb3ef028eda3f54b85.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread