Dr. Farsalinos preemptive debunk of a study uthored by an Indoor Environmental Engineering scientist from California and published by the journal “Bui

Status
Not open for further replies.

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
I wonder how the researcher found PG and nicotine but missed carbon dioxide. The exhale of a healthy person, vaping or not, contains about 4-5% carbon dioxide, an order of magnitude above the OSHA/NIOSH limits and two orders of magnitude above natural ambient exposure.

A good reason to ban breathing in public spaces, isn't it. Oh wait, we were supposed to ban vaping, not breathing.

Last edited:

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
From most of the THR studies done, they're virtually identical :)

Except one "looks like smoking" and thus should be regulated by the Tobacco Control industry. /sarcasm

Now seriously. Any decent (i.e. not manure class) study should look at something like the effects of vaping in a reasonably ventilated space (e.g. like min 8 liters per second per person as per UK rules for office spaces). Looking exclusively at the undiluted exhale would show that it is higly toxic just based on the carbon dioxide alone period.

Last edited:

philoshop

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2014
geneva, ny, usa
Absolutely! Breathing should be regulated when the air temperature is below 40° F. :D

I'm imagining people walking around with snorkel-type devices fitted with catalytic convertors....
Breathalyzer attachment with strobe light would be optional of course, depending on the municipality having jurisdiction.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
One must never let reality get in the way of an ideological movement once it's gained momentum.

#notblowingsmoke interfered royally with their dishonest stillblowingsmoke campaign. I saw a funny on twitter the other day, someone posted a help wanted notice they found, for someone with a communications background to work in a "fast-paced environment," to work for the State of California health services. That's truly hilarious... as if whoever designed that stillblowingsmoke travesty got the axe. Good. Nice to know that karma is still working hard. :D

Andria

jwbnyc

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2014
OMG Hilarious. I loved the snorkel, jar, math..... Thanks for making my day. One has to laugh at their "seriousness". I guess they all think we are developmentally inept due, of course, to the nicotine. Thanks for the laughs.

Actually, what they think is that we are all mentally ill.

Honestly, do a search, it's pretty amazing.

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
Actually, what they think is that we are all mentally ill.

Honestly, do a search, it's pretty amazing.

They like to insinuate it (as an ad hominem attack) but they will never firmly state it. Because at that point it would also become a disability and they would have to stop oppressing people based on such.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
They like to insinuate it (as an ad hominem attack) but they will never firmly state it. Because at that point it would also become a disability and they would have to stop oppressing people based on such.

notadiabetic.jpg

:D
Andria

nicnik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 20, 2015
Illinois, USA
I think this might be the study. If it is, can anybody make sense of it? Especially, the part about figuring 70ml per puff. Is that meant like it sounds?

iee-sf.
com/pdf/ASHRAEJOffermann.pdf

also a better formed pdf at:

bookstore.ashrae
.biz/journal/download.php?file=2014June_038-047_IAQ_Offerman_rev.pdf

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread