The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Drag Mod Firmware upgrade

Discussion in 'Temperature Control' started by elvis35, Oct 15, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. elvis35

elvis35 Full Member

Oct 15, 2017
    hi ,

i cant upgrade my Drag mod , I'm getting the error in the picture.

pls help thnx

Attached Files:

2. classwife

classwife Admin Admin Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Moved you to Temperature Control from The Modding Forum :)

Modding Forum
    The home of modders - the builders or modifiers of custom ecigs.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Fozzy71

Fozzy71 Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    I am not sure why you are getting the error (I would contact voopoo directly) but if you are already on 1.0.0.1 I personally would not recommend updating unless you want your mod to shut off after 15 minutes (I think) of not being used. I found that to be quite annoying (having to power up to vape if it sat too long) and promptly rolled back.

• Like Like x 2
  4. elvis35

elvis35 Full Member

Oct 15, 2017
    yea oke , thank you for your interest :) I just wondered about the error :)

5. elvis35

elvis35 Full Member

Oct 15, 2017
    i want this update for mech mode :)

Version:V1.0.0.1 Factory Version Update Date:2017/4/13
    Update: 1.Increase voltage regulation mode (similar to mechanical mode). 2. Key lock mode can be used to lock the fire button, can’t use up and down, But you can still enter the setup system.

6. Fozzy71

Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    That should be the factory version on the mod already. In the image you posted you were trying to update to 1.0.0.2 which they don't explain the changes for but the only change I noticed was the mod would shut itself off it sat for some time. I can't find a download for the manual to remember how to check which version is installed on the mod.

7. elvis35

elvis35 Full Member

Oct 15, 2017
    My version is 1.0.0.0 at the moment :(

Check the chine web side they expalin the change there :) just shut down for some time :) but the 1.0.0.1 version u can use mech mode :(

8. Fozzy71

Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    Do you get the same communication error with the 1.0.0.1 upgrade? Mine came with that version installed.

The Version:V1.0.0.2 does not have any comments/notes about what new features it has but once I noticed that auto shut off I flashed back to 1.0.0.1.

9. elvis35

elvis35 Full Member

Oct 15, 2017
    I get it but how i dont know, i use the drag self cable and its okey :) thank u for support i use the 1.0.0.1 version its good :))

10. Walter_Sobchak

Walter_Sobchak Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 30, 2017
    Indiana
    Couldn't agree more. It is annoying and I've emailed Voopoo about it. They haven't replied but if they do I'll let you know what I find out

Sent from my SHIELD Tablet K1 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  11. ScottP

ScottP Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    That is a pet peeve of mine. "Hey upgrade your stuff to the latest version! Release Notes? What's that?" Yeah no thanks. This isn't just on mods but on computers, phones, tablets, pretty much anything that gets an update, I want to know what you are changing before I do it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. sdmf74

sdmf74 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 1, 2013
    IOWA
    Guys I figured out how to use the mod with the newest version firmware 1.0.0.2 and not have it shut off every 10 minutes!!!
    1. upgrade to newest firmware
    2. with mod plugged in and charging enter menu by holding up & down buttons simultaneously
    3. Scroll to disc to check firmware version, press fire button to exit
    4. keep DRAG plugged in for at least 10 minutes while vaping at your leisure
    5. Unplug and vape all day without the annoying shut-off feature

This works for me every time, Im not even sure Voopoo knows about this. I figured this out on my own, if it doesnt work for you then in step 3 maybe check the S/N or ohms but Im pretty sure its the firmware version that needs accessed.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Fozzy71

Jul 7, 2016
    8 Mile + 2.5
    this seems to have worked, thanks

• Like Like x 1
  14. sdmf74

Aug 1, 2013
    IOWA
    Crazy huh? It took me a while to figure out how I did it but I was stoked nonetheless

• Like Like x 1
  15. Walter_Sobchak

Supporting member
    Sep 30, 2017
    Indiana
    Many, many thanks to you for sharing this. I just followed your directions and it appears to have worked. You rock

• Like Like x 1
  16. sdmf74

Aug 1, 2013
    IOWA
    Happy to help, share the info!

17. sdmf74

Aug 1, 2013
    IOWA
    Just noticed that Voopoo has removed firmware version 1.0.0.2 from their website, prolly had too many people complaining about the shut off feature.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Walter_Sobchak

Supporting member
    Sep 30, 2017
    Indiana
    If that's the case then they certainly took their time. I love the Drag and Voopoo's software interface is really well done but the way they ignore customer emails is very reminiscent of Smok. Not a great way to build loyalty.

19. 52anddone

52anddone Vaping Master ECF Veteran

And I see they have a contest for the New Voo Poo Too here on ECF. I wonder what that will be like ? I was just out stretching my legs and checking other threads and stumbled across this one, after I just entered that very contest myself.:rolleyes:

20. HanoYs

HanoYs New Member

Jan 10, 2018
    I Just plug it in, take a few puffs and that would be it, never shuts off unless i do, like for changing a wick or so, then it starts to shut off by itself until i charge it again with the power on

• Useful Useful x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.