Status
Not open for further replies.

jnnfrlsw

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2009
East Central Ind
I usually stick to carto tanks when I vape but like to use my atty when trying new juices. I use a 357 from cisco. It leaks at times so I am trying to use a drip shield. Problem is that with the shield I am getting very little airflow. I have tried it with and without a 510 sealed adapter and am still getting minimal airflow. Any suggestions that I can try? Thanks.

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla
Maybe Drill a couple more of the small holes up top on the shield,,, that's about the only thing I can think of with using the shield,,,,,,it does restrict the air flow on the 357 or pretty much any Atty,,, it's give or take with using one,, leak or no leak.....

I sometimes use a double 510-510 adapter also, first one on the Atty not sealed and 2nd one sealed, try that

Vego

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
pittsburgh, pa
I find a firm dry pull every now and then to suck the liquid that has leaked into the drip shield back into the atty usually opens up the airway significantly. It especially helps when using thick liquids like bobas or malty toffee. This also has the added benefit of re-wetting the coil and making for extra flavorful hits before the need to re-drip.

VegasVaporz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Las Vegas
I agree with making the air holes on the shield bigger or adding more holes. Very small drill bit on a drimel should work. Just be careful not to make them lower than the originals. Your juice stuck between your atty and driphield may pee pee through holes if they are any lower.

VegasVaporz
Get your mouth off my driptip...
YouTube.com/VegasVaporz
Facebook.com/VegasVaporz

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
All you need is a sewing needle (or something similar) to make the holes bigger. Take the eye of the needle, put it in the hole and twist round enlarging the hole slowly using slight pressure.
Check the draw, if it is still too tight for you, do the other hole in the same fashion. Work each side, checking the draw in between until it hits like you want it to.
Hope this helps and gets your draw where you need it to be!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread