Status
Not open for further replies.

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
I had my order all placed for one of these from Empiremods until this occurred to me, please correct me if I'm wrong.....sure the drip shield looks nice BUT that liquids just collecting under the shield and you're gonna have to clean it up sometime. Right? So is it really that useful? I'm pretty used to having a tissue handy when I'm dripping. I use Cisco 306 attys. Really doesn't leak that bad. Maybe there's better 306's out there that don't leak at all?
I have a provari on the way so I may get one just "for looks". In that case their site is a bit confusing as far as adapters go...I drip on 306's. So I get that the XL tip is needed. Then I believe on a provari I'll need the 510-510 adapter. But what about the other adapters. Site says something about a 510-901 adapter as well??? I don't plan on using any 901 atomizers??

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
I just finished placing my order for my first couple 306 Cisco spec attys from AV. Why do I need a 510 to 510 adapter?

You don't. They have the standard 510 adapter. For Empiremods drip shield + a provari I believe they suggest u add a 510-510 adapter to just bring up the 510 connection since its recessed in a bit.

DantesInferno

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2012
Central Illinois
instead of a drip shield, if you use 306 atties, you might want to look into a DCA 306, same idea but made specifically for a 306 atty.

Look it up here: GoodSense Vapor - 306DCA

They pretty hard to get, but you can also find them in the classifieds on this site

Keep on vaping

Absolutely! Awesome I will definitely check these out. Thank you!

Bahammut

Verified Member
May 29, 2012
manchester, NH
i use my drip shield with a bolt and an hh357. i have the sealed 510 to 510 which prevents juice flow out the mod connection and also puts the connection between the atty and adapter inside the drip shield gaskets and works great, no leaks.
however, w/o that adapter i would still have juice flow from the mod connection which would b below the drip shield gasket, defeating the purpose. this may differ with different mods and connections but im glad i got the adapter

candimccann

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2012
Lenexa, KS, US
www.youtube.com
You can slide one over a carto, but then it would be purely for looks.

It is meant to retain leakage when dripping into an atomizer. It also serves as a bit of a reservoir to hold overdrippage, suck a bit and it will pull some juice back into the atty. So instead of 3 drops, you can drip 10 and the excess flows into the shield. A quick suck when you start to run dry will wet your atty again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread