The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Drip Tip Trick

Discussion in 'E-Cigarette Accessories Discussion' started by EdMathes, Apr 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. EdMathes

EdMathes Moved On

Oct 21, 2015
    Brooklyn, Maryland USA
    I learned this trick and thought I'd share this. I have a thing for the two piece 2puffs S.S. and Aluminum Drip Tips but they can help with spitback and not just look good. Separate the two, use a hole punch with a brass pipe screen, put that piece of screen between the two pieces of your drip tip and there you have it. It works just like the grease screen in your stove.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Hi Ed,
    From my time with the Vulcan Vector, the screen fills up with condensate and needs to be cleaned/cleared regularly or instead of a few micro drips each pull, you get 3 or 4 full drops straight to the back of the throat.
    YMMV but I popped the screen out and never used it again.

Cheers
    I

OT: I had a GF who lived on Chruch Street..long long time ago.

• Like Like x 2
  3. EdMathes

EdMathes Moved On

Oct 21, 2015
    Brooklyn, Maryland USA
    Yes that can and will occur for those that don't routinely clean their equipment but you hope most will have common sense but I know......lol
    Her name wasn't Dawn was it, lol.
    Brooklyn is worse than Baltimore City!
    It's home to a Dawg though lol

• Like Like x 1
  4. OhTheAgony

OhTheAgony Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 24, 2011
    Netherlands
    I use those little screens a lot with my herbal vaporizers but never really liked the brass ones to be honest.

They have a pretty strong taste to them ime, and if I remember correctly (it's been a while since I did the research) they can release toxins when they get too hot, although you probably will never reach those kind of temperatures the way you use them.

But still a great idea, and know that those little screens are widely available in stainless steel as well [​IMG]

5. Izan

Izan Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Jul 1, 2012
    Mallorca, Spain
    Emily- But she might have had a sister named Dawn... and yeah well...the more things change.

• Like Like x 1
  6. EdMathes

EdMathes Moved On

Oct 21, 2015
    Brooklyn, Maryland USA
    Hey Agony, it's copper that gives off the toxins when heated. Learned brass was safe enough from the 420 days lol. I agree I use stainless steel as well, brass are just easier to find for some.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Saintskinny51792

Saintskinny51792 Senior Member

I heard some kids talking about making pipes the other day, one was talking about a homemade copper pipe. it felt weird but I popped my head into the group on my way out "dont use copper, itll F your S up... not in the good way"... If only I coulda taken a picture of their faces...

• Like Like x 1
  8. EdMathes

EdMathes Moved On

Oct 21, 2015
    Brooklyn, Maryland USA
    Good going never be shy about sharing a little knowledge we don't know til we know!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Saintskinny51792

Saintskinny51792 Senior Member

a little knowledge can go a long way!!! I would hope a passer by would do the same for me! lol Ive always been an information hound though... I like knowing little things, even if they seem useless lol

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.